What's new

China hits out at WHO chief’s ‘irresponsible’ criticism of zero-Covid policy as censors target UN social media account

I agree, I don't mind letting older folks die like US. If US can be democratic and free when 1 mil died, we should have the same excuse too I guess. Democracy is the rule of the majority afterall.
We won't have that many deaths, now the new strain of virus is much weaker in virulence and most Chinese population have had 3 shots of vaccines against it, the fatality rate would not be higher than the seasonal flu. besides, senoir citizens are much less active than younger ones, China only needs to regularly test the ones who live with or regularly contact older people to be able to adequately protect the old. The current zero covid policy is a huge overkill.

We won't have that many deaths, now the new strain of virus is much weaker in virulence and most Chinese population have had 3 shots of vaccines against it, the fatality rate would not be higher than the seasonal flu. besides, senoir citizens are much less active than younger ones, China only needs to regularly test the ones who live with or regularly contact older people to be able to adequately protect the old. The current zero covid policy is a huge overkill.
True to sown extent, there will still be 1.4mil deaths at a 0.3% rate, thats the same as Pfizer deaths btw. Well, Beijing is not having lockdowns yet, I hope they follow the Shenzhen model.

Back
Top Bottom