What's new

Defence ads in Greek magazines

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
So I tried to scan some interesting military and defence advertisements from old Greek magazines that I have. I'll translate in english some of them.Some are cool,some are nice,some are cheesy.

Let's start with an old ad about the Gripen.

On top it says"
"GRIPEN: IT'S RETURNING TO THE AEGEAN"
Below center:
"Gripen has borrowed its name from Gripas.A mythical creature,sacred animal of Apollo with a lion's body and head and an eagle's wings,which symbolizes bravery in battle and dominance in the air.Gryffons appear in the Aegean 4,000 years ago and we see them in wall murals in Knosos of Crete and the cape of Santorini as well as on the coins of Thrace's Avdira,the birthplace of Democritus. Greek mythology refers to them as strict protectors of lands and properties where those who covet them find only death. Symbolism for the role the Gripens want to play in the Aegean today."

On the lower left it says something about availability,low cost (of something) and cycle of life and some other stuff.

Attachments

• Untitled-Scanned-05 (2).jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-05 (2).jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 92
This one's in english and it's about the Eurofighter.
Untitled-Scanned-04 (2).jpg

Last edited:
CHALLENGER 2E: THE ULTIMATE TANK

It took 50,000 hours of exhausting trials,43,000 km of marching through rough conditions(that is more than once around the world) and the integration of electronic systems similar to those of fighter jets for the big defence industry VICKERS DEFENCE SYSTEMS to be able to proudly present you...the ultimate battle tank. Challenger 2E.
002.jpg

Surprise In just 60 seconds and charging at the enemy with a speed of 50 km/h each of these Leclercs tracks down with precision and destroys 6 targets
001.jpg

Ok I translated it myself again,but some parts of the page couldn't be scanned,so I apologize.

@reflecthofgeismar @Germanpeter @Reichmarshal @Ich

PzH 2000

Tomorrow's technology,today

155mm gun with 52 caliber barrel(L52)
Range of 30 km with standard NATO ammunition

(?) km with long-range ammunition

High level of protection against piercing projectiles
artillery shrapnel,bomblets and nuclear,biological and chemical attacks

Provision for 60 full shots of
(?) and booster charges from two crew members
in less than 11 minutes

(?) Shots in 56,2 seconds
(?) Shots in 2 minutes and 10 seconds

Improved autoloader system

(?) shots in 59,7 seconds,
(?) shots in 1 minute and 47 seconds

(?) direction and fire control

On road speed: greater than 61 km/h
Off road speed: greater than 45 km/h
Operational range: greater than 420 km

Combat crew: 3+2
Fully operational with a crew of 3

WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY THE HELLENIC ARMY!

IMG_20210206_0010.jpg

Greece: A wild,tough,untamed country...

BLACK HAWK: The helicopter that suits her.

When a country is full of rough mountains,inaccessible coasts and thousands of islands,how can its Army transport troops and supplies with speed,safety and most of all reliability?

Greece knows the answer very well: BLACK HAWK.

The BLACK HAWK helicopter is being used today by 22 countries around the world. It's relative helicopter SEA HAWK operates in the Naval Forces of seven countries. Among them is the Hellenic Navy,which familiarized the Greeks with the most reliable and versatile helicopter in the world. BLACK HAWK is the perfect helicopter for troop and equipment transportation,wounded (soldiers) transportation and special missions.

Robust,reliable and ready for everything,it is the ideal helicopter for Greece.

SIKORSKY: THE NUMBER 1 NAME IN HELICOPTERS

IMG_20210206_0011.jpg

Ok I translated it myself again,but some parts of the page couldn't be scanned,so I apologize.

@reflecthofgeismar @Germanpeter @Reichmarshal @Ich

PzH 2000

Tomorrow's technology,today

155mm gun with 52 caliber barrel(L52)
Range of 30 km with standard NATO ammunition

(?) km with long-range ammunition

High level of protection against piercing projectiles
artillery shrapnel,bomblets and nuclear,biological and chemical attacks

Provision for 60 full shots of
(?) and booster charges from two crew members
in less than 11 minutes

(?) Shots in 56,2 seconds
(?) Shots in 2 minutes and 10 seconds

Improved autoloader system

(?) shots in 59,7 seconds,
(?) shots in 1 minute and 47 seconds

(?) direction and fire control

On road speed: greater than 61 km/h
Off road speed: greater than 45 km/h
Operational range: greater than 420 km

Combat crew: 3+2
Fully operational with a crew of 3

WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY THE HELLENIC ARMY!

View attachment 852126

I saw a vid of one of the PzH2000 in Afghanistan while it was fireing. The back doors were open and the poor soldier on the left side in the Haubitze loaded the amunition by hand cause the autoloader seems to have a malefunktion. So i wouldnt take any postet numbers about the autoloader for serious.

I saw a vid of one of the PzH2000 in Afghanistan while it was fireing. The back doors were open and the poor soldier on the left side in the Haubitze loaded the amunition by hand cause the autoloader seems to have a malefunktion. So i wouldnt take any postet numbers about the autoloader for serious.
Check the Russian one about the Pantsir :P

I found this ad in an old magazine. Who would have imagined it back then,that we would eventually get the Rafale,decades later!

IMG_20210112_0010.jpg

"Who will protect the Hellenic air space in 2044?"

IMG_20210112_0012.jpg

"The one who's been protecting it since 1974?"

"When it's about matters of national defence,what's wanted is absolute trust in the source and availability of critical defence technologies. For more than thirty years,we proudly support Greece's mission when it comes to its air defence,without limitations,without commitments. Today we are eager to serve Greece for the next 40 years with the most advanced latest generation fighter jet worldwide. The Rafale."

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom