What's new

Does Pakistans' GIDS REK Incorporates INS or GPS ?

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This video of Pakistan testing it's Range Extension Kit Bomb may have been posted before but what caught my eye was the attitude of the weapon at 0.16. After a level flight, it seems to go into a dive like a cruise missile. Thus it's obvious it's a smart weapon but what technology does it incorporates, INS or GPS.

1637166612239.png

This video of Pakistan testing it's Range Extension Kit Bomb may have been posted before but what caught my eye was the attitude of the weapon at 0.16. After a level flight, it seems to go into a dive like a cruise missile. Thus it's obvious it's a smart weapon but what technology does it incorporates, INS or GPS.

View attachment 794148
both .... as far as I know

View attachment 794148
both .... as far as I know

No reason for it not to have both. It's INS might not be as accurate as a submarine's but it would be dumb not to have a cheap one as backup.

No reason for it not to have both. It's INS might not be as accurate as a submarine's but it would be dumb not to have a cheap one as backup.
exactly wase bui we know REK is the new name of Takbeer glide bomb and Takbeer already had both system incorporated in it ....

Both. These days, you won't find many SOWs that are strictly INS, they're usually GPS+INS.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom