What's new

17 FC soldiers killed by taliban

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
DAWN NEWS is reporting that according to one of the FC men who survived this attack has said that 8 FC men were killed in the ambush and 9 were injured who were subsequently executed by the taliban.

all i can say this should be a eye opener for our federal, provincial govt. how can they make peace deals with these barbarians.

the army should be given full and un-fettered authority to crush these militants. i can really understand the concerns of the US and NATO.

This was near my home village of Hangu and last time I visited I can recall seeing Isuzu trucks moving FC personnel through the village.

Given the surrounding countryside is more or less a valley this was an ideal killing ground for the terrorists to strike from.

"our own people" -- wonder if the "democratic" politicians and "free" media think the dead FC were "our own people" - suppose we better get use to the idea that the only "our own people" are a bunch of tribal obscuritanists and most certainly not anyone in a Pakistani uniform.

Heres more from Dawn about how brazen the Taliban are becoming in NWFP:

PESHAWAR, July 12: Dozens of armed Taliban dismantled protection barriers in front of a police station in Charsadda’s Shabqadar tehsil on Friday and left with a warning that these should not be erected again.

Witnesses said a group of militants armed with heavy weapons had besieged the Saro police station, north of Peshawar and in the vicinity of the Mohmand tribal region, and demolished the safety walls.

However, officials denied that the Taliban had besieged the police station and said the militants had only patrolled the area and returned without giving any warning to police. They said it was a routine patrol of the Taliban in the area.

“About eight to 10 Taliban usually come to the local bazaar for purchasing items of daily use, but for the first time about 40 of them visited the area. They were armed with rocket-launchers, Kalashnikovs and other weapons,” the officials said.There has been a surge in activities of the Taliban in some areas of Peshawar and Charsadda over the past few months.

Taliban militants laid siege to a police station in Hangu on Wednesday after the arrest of seven of their associates.

Thats just beyond belief!!! The Officials make it sound acceptable that armed terrorists can conduct routine patrols whenever they like.

No wonder the US is becoming more frustrated.

To be fair then, why was Mushy quiet when civilians were being blown up right left and center because the US was going wild with misguided missiles flying off predators?

Also, the PPP is not selling NATO random "loyal to their tribe" FC soldiers at $5,000 a pop either.

My condolences for the killed FC men.

Terrorists are cowards who attack without challenging. The real brave men fight it out in the battle field.

Its sad that we are losing our best soldiers, to these third class terrorists.

I just saw this on Dawn:

Taliban kill 17 FC men -DAWN - Top Stories; July 13, 2008

During the 40-minute-long encounter, one local militant ‘commander’, Razeem, was killed and two of his colleagues were injured.

No reinforcements were sent to help the convoy ward off the attack, which took place in an area where two security vehicles were attacked just a few hours before the deadly ambush.

Now did some of the senior army staff just come back from weekend lobotomies, or is someone paying them money to deliberately ensure that pakistani soldiers are killed by militants? Have any of these people heard of air cover, parachutes, UAVs? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? :eek:

To be fair then, why was Mushy quiet when civilians were being blown up right left and center because the US was going wild with misguided missiles flying off predators?

Also, the PPP is not selling NATO random "loyal to their tribe" FC soldiers at $5,000 a pop either.

very simple my dear maqsad - because no one was supporting his view. not BB, not NS not IK nor the Mullahs or the Media. they were all going hoarse shouting that the army is killing its own people. this should be stopped. there is a better way - well!

And to believe that there are people who still support this brigands and murderers!!

It marvels me that people cannot see how these people are slowly destroying the country!

And to believe that there are people who still support this brigands and murderers!!

It marvels me that people cannot see how these people are slowly destroying the country!

Quit spewing your nonsensical disinformation. The militants who are killing pakistani troops are supported by the Indians, Afghans and to an extent protected and supported by elements in the US as well as in the case of the BLA.

very simple my dear maqsad - because no one was supporting his view. not BB, not NS not IK nor the Mullahs or the Media. they were all going hoarse shouting that the army is killing its own people. this should be stopped. there is a better way - well!

Did you even understand my question? I asked why did Musaraff not complain or express any concern at collaterall damage, aka civilian deaths, caused by US bombings in Pakistan. We know that many times the US missed their targets and killed random women, men and children.

See, if he cared so much about support of his views from BB, NS or IK then he would at least chime in express some sympathy about collateral damage. But he kept quiet about that.

On the other hand, when it came to Baloch separatists he was making aggravating statements like "you won't know what hit you this time" in reference to military action and after saying that we say Bugti's death which created immense hatred against the PA in Balochistan, it was a major PR disaster when Bugti should have just been arrested and tried.

So why is Musharaff so afraid to say he is sorry about civilian deaths but so quick to say "you won't know what hit you"? What kind of enlightened moderation is that, it does not make sense to me.

A moment to reflect upon for those who have criticized the FC and refused to even consider training them as a potential CT force out of concern over their Tribal loyalties:

Requesting not to be named, a senior FC officer in Peshawar told The News that the militants had planned to take soldiers hostage in a bid to press the government to accept their “unjust” demands.

“Our valiant officer Karim Khan Khattak and his brave men straightway refused to surrender and even exchanged harsh words with the armed militants when their commander Razeem warned them of dire consequences. They preferred death to humiliation,” he maintained.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=15981

There are many other stories like this, some of which we have mentioned in this forum, and it is insulting and angering to hear comments like those of Gen. McNeill.

It is said that a bad workman will blame his tools and the fact that the FC are doing this job despite the lack of equipment ISAF enjoys is testament to their loyalty and service to Pakistan.

Hundreds announce war against Taliban in Hangu

Updated at: 1520 PST, Monday, July 14, 2008
HANGU: Hundreds of armed men belonged to Shinawari and Naryab tribes announced war against Taliban here.

According to reports, leaders of welfare organization Naryab Pir Tahir and Aqil Malik said that the decision has been taken after alleged killings of security officials by Taliban.

Taliban had brought the security officials in the area and killed them after that a lashkar of 200 armed men has been formed to fight against Taliban.

This is first time when tribes have announced armed resistance against Taliban. Reports said that Taliban has disappeared from the area after the formation of the lashkar.
Hundreds announce war against Taliban in Hangu

This is what is needed - for Pakistanis to realize what a menace and evil the Taliban are and rise up against them, and demand that the GoP enforce the rule of law everywhere. If that requires military force, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom