What's new

Featured ''Apologize to the Afghan people'': China scoffs after Canberra demands Beijing retract poster about Aussie war-crime report

The US is not Australia, just like Pakistan is not Afghanistan.

Your comparison is flawed.

Already, a number of military units have been completely disbanded. The accused are already being charged, and unlike in the US, where there was a reluctance to prosecute soldiers, there is no such reluctance in Australia.

Anglosphere has the same policies when it comes to military. The US just happens to lead them and the followers all take notes. Why are these events are so similar to what happened with US soldiers?

Even what you are describing (if true) is a reactive measure to something that should've been proactively looked at after similar outcomes in Iraq. Australia, I think, is the worst of the 5 so I don't expect them to take serious action against their soldiers.

even animals have instincts to love their own life, trust those who help them and fear/hate those who harm them. so how come you are so quick to defend and trust those who are likely to harm you?
Why are you so quick to assume they're looking to harm me in the first place?

It's not about defending people or nations, it's about defending the truth, and pointing out hypocrisy.

If this is the best argument you can come up with, basically trying to shame me, then your argument is not worth listening to.
Anglosphere has the same policies when it comes to military. The US just happens to lead them and the followers all take notes. Why are these events are so similar to what happened with US soldiers?

Even what you are describing (if true) is a reactive measure to something that should've been proactively looked at after similar outcomes in Iraq. Australia, I think, is the worst of the 5 so I don't expect them to take serious action against their soldiers.
This idea that all white majority nations are somehow all a uive mind, is a flawed way of thinking. If this were true, Canada would have joined the US led invasion of Iraq.

Each nation has their own methods to deal with their military. In the US, the army is practically worshipped, and soldiers are looked at as flawless, so they tend to get off scott free.

In places like Australia, there is no such mentality. In fact, all the units that were involved in these war crimes, have all been disbanded. A lot of the soldiers have already had their honors and awards/rewards taken from them. A lot of them are now facing court martial for committing war crimes.

You cannot use one nation's standards to judge another different nation, that's not how the world works.

It would be one thing if no action war taken, but action has been taken.

Last edited:
Criminals of war crimes need to be prosecuted and punished. That is the shortest way to earn respect on the world stage.

PM Scot Morrison is now using Chinese social media platform WeChat to convey his message - but its not the Chinese people who he should reach out to. First, it should be people of Afghanistan and the world audience who he must address telling what credible actions he has taken against criminals who used military uniforms to commit crimes.

Criminals of war crimes need to be prosecuted and punished. That is the shortest way to earn respect on the world stage.

PM Scot Morrison is now using Chinese social media platform WeChat to convey his message - but its not the Chinese people who he should reach out to. First, it should be people of Afghanistan and the world audience who he must address telling what credible actions he has taken against criminals who used military uniforms to commit crimes.

Very weird that they are making a bigger issue about China's criticism than the crimes themselves. It's almost like they are treating their murder of innocent civilians like it was a speeding ticket, "Oh gee, yeah we messed up but at least we are owning it". As far as I know, those soldiers were just fired and I understand some are being court martialed but considering how many Western war criminals have gotten off with just a slap on the wrist, I'm not holding my breathe.

@tower9 this is an example of how China isn't so bad at soft power compared to 99.9% of countries in the world; they just aren't tested as often as China is. When tested, most countries fail much harder.

All Scott Morrison had to do was shut up. Literally, he did not have to respond to this tweet at all. If asked could've just said that "a Prime Minister does not have the time to look into every little tweet, but if it is shown that Australian soldiers are responsible for any criminal acts, they will be lawfully punished" and he would've looked cool and in control.

Instead he threw a tantrum. Zhao pinned the tweet, and now it's going viral worldwide. Australians are flocking to 'defend themselves' with whataboutism and racial slurs, also going viral worldwide.

Western propaganda machine is not what it used to be. Likely old school propagandists who got their best education from the Nazis and helped the West win the Cold War are dying off, and the new generation is not as smart as the old ones.

Also, they are mostly used to a one-sided discourse, in which they dominate all the debate. When, however, they are responded and put into the corner, they lose the cool and begin to throw tantrums.

This is good. Glad that the generation of George Kennan almost died off.

Why are you so quick to assume they're looking to harm me in the first place?

It's not about defending people or nations, it's about defending the truth, and pointing out hypocrisy.

If this is the best argument you can come up with, basically trying to shame me, then your argument is not worth listening to.

This idea that all white majority nations are somehow all a uive mind, is a flawed way of thinking. If this were true, Canada would have joined the US led invasion of Iraq.

Each nation has their own methods to deal with their military. In the US, the army is practically worshipped, and soldiers are looked at as flawless, so they tend to get off scott free.

In places like Australia, there is no such mentality. In fact, all the units that were involved in these war crimes, have all been disbanded. A lot of the soldiers have already had their honors and awards/rewards taken from them. A lot of them are now facing court martial for committing war crimes.

You cannot use one nation's standards to judge another different nation, that's not how the world works.

It would be one thing if no action war taken, but action has been taken.
Getting discharged is a slap on the wrist for torture and murder. None of the offenders even went to prison.

Getting discharged is a slap on the wrist for torture and murder. None of the offenders even went to prison.
That's because they're still being investigated. I'm pretty sure charges have been filed against a few.

Why is it that you chose to focus on one tiny point, and ignored the rest of what I said.

That's because they're still being investigated. I'm pretty sure charges have been filed against a few.

Why is it that you chose to focus on one tiny point, and ignored the rest of what I said.
You are sure?, defending them on just a whim?

I say the Australian outrage for the honour of their soldiers is understandable. By the nature of his profession, a soldier is loved by his people. Its an incredibly difficult thing for a man to risk his life for his people. So any words or potentially negative information about them is bound to cause maximum pain to his people.

I understand the Australian outrage. I just wish they would show the same consideration when soldiers of Muslim countries are accused of war crimes. Australia is the same nation which was leading the charge against the Indonesian military for atrocities in East Timor. Weren't Indonesian Muslim soldiers loved by their people?

Too bad that the so.called Islamic OIC (i.e. "Oh I see") are ignoring this Australian Crimes Against Afghan Muslim women and children....

Sad to see it's China that's voicing the crimes against Muslims.. while the Muslim retarded countries are asleep.

The OIC is now occupied by Zionist-Arabs too busy appeasing the Jews and their Western partners....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom