What's new

Australian New PM Wants Closer Ties With ‘Giant’ Indonesia

You mean that Australia accounts for 4% of Indonesia's foreign trade, so Indonesia will cede the South Pacific to Australia? Or do you mean that Australia is the only exporter of oil and steel? Are you dreaming?
Dude, it's not the precentage is the problem, you can import 30% of electronic from China, without that 4% import on Fuel, what are you going to use to generate electricity to power those electronic? Without the Aluminium and Steel, what are you going to use to build with to house those electronic? Wood?

You don't import 60 billions worth of coal from Australia to power your power station, but without that 4 billion coal, are you going to supply people to Indonesia so they can power their city with power pedal??

As for coal and aluminum, they are Indonesian exports, not imports.

Jesus, you can't read, can't you?

Indonesia’s Top Mineral Fuels Imports and Related Products​

In 2021, Indonesian importers spent the most on the following 10 subcategories of mineral fuels-related products.
  1. Processed petroleum oils: US$14 billion (up 75.3% from 2020)
  2. Crude oil: $7 billion (up 107.8%)
  3. Petroleum gases: $4.1 billion (up 58.5%)
  4. Coal, solid fuels made from coal: $2.3 billion (up 152.2%)
  5. Coal tar oils (high temperature distillation): $570.7 million (up 92.2%)
  6. Petroleum oil residues: $387.2 million (up 32.6%)
  7. Coke, semi-coke: $368.1 million (up 96.5%)
  8. Electrical energy: $77.6 million (down -35.3%)
  9. Petroleum jelly, mineral waxes: $29.6 million (up 34.2%)
  10. Tar pitch, coke: $16.1 million (up 25.1%)

Indonesia’s Top Iron and Steel Imports

In 2021, Indonesian importers spent the most on the following 10 subcategories of iron and steel as materials.
  1. Iron ferroalloys: US$2.6 billion (up 187.5% from 2020)
  2. Iron or non-alloy steel products (semi-finished): $2.2 billion (up 38.8%)
  3. Flat-rolled other alloy steel products: $1.4 billion (up 144.1%)
  4. Flat-rolled iron or non-alloy steel products (plated/coated): $1.1 billion (up 47.3%)
  5. Hot-rolled iron or non-alloy steel products: $996.9 million (up 45.3%)
  6. Iron or steel scrap: $721.2 million (up 60.4%)
  7. Cold-rolled iron or non-alloy steel products: $682.4 million (up 77.2%)
  8. Alloy steel bars, rods: $395.4 million (up 81.4%)
  9. Flat-rolled stainless steel items: $360.3 million (up 39.5%)
  10. Coiled other alloy steel bars, rods: $251.8 million (up 34.2%)

And Indonesia banned Bauxite Export.

Again, try stick to the stuff that you know, and shut up about stuff that you don't know.

Last edited:
Why does Indonesia see US as a threat? Is there some history there ?

Indonesia opposes US present in Philippine when there was US base in Subic and Clark.

During Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Indonesia government also oppose US base in Darwin Australia.

Yup there is history in CIA interference when they help RMS rebel and Indonesia military shot a US plane during that time. The invasion of Iraq is also another one that make the worry.

I think that history that make Indonesian is carefull with US, despite Indonesia and USA were hand in hand to combat communism in SEA region during cold war with USSR. Indonesia invasion on East Timor is related to this anti Communist campaign since frerilin at that time had left ideology and this is why US help Indonesia with several planes to smoth the invasion like anti insurgency plane Bronco.

Indonesia also send special force, Kopassus, to Malaysia to defeat Communis rebel in Sarawak (Helping Malaysia armed force ).

That was during Soeharto regime, a complete 90 degree turn if we compare to Soekarno foreign policy.

Last edited:
Dude, it's not the precentage is the problem, you can import 30% of electronic from China, without that 4% import on Fuel, what are you going to use to generate electricity to power those electronic? Without the Aluminium and Steel, what are you going to use to build with to house those electronic? Wood?

You don't import 60 billions worth of coal from Australia to power your power station, but without that 4 billion coal, are you going to supply people to Indonesia so they can power their city with power pedal??

Jesus, you can't read, can't you?

And Indonesia banned Bauxite Export.

Again, try stick to the stuff that you know, and shut up about stuff that you don't know.

If Indonesia did not export bauxite before, why does the Indonesian government issue an export ban on bauxite now?

Australia is not the only country that supplies iron and oil, and Indonesia does not depend on your oil and iron. Indonesia imports US $190billion a year, 4% of which comes from Australia, that is, about US $7billion. Indonesia imports US $28.8 billion in oil alone and US $12billion in steel each year. It is clear that Indonesia does not rely on Australia's iron and oil.

If Australians think that they can control Indonesia to give up the South Pacific by just relying on a few billion dollars of trade, I really don't know whether it is stupid or arrogant.

BTW: I remind you that financial institutions now generally predict that Indonesia's GDP will reach US $10trillion in 2040. Ranked fourth in the world. They will be the superpowers of the Muslim world. Australia alone cannot suppress them. On the contrary, Australia will become a member of the South Pacific order dominated by Indonesia.

If Indonesia did not export bauxite before, why does the Indonesian government issue an export ban on bauxite now?

Australia is not the only country that supplies iron and oil, and Indonesia does not depend on your oil and iron. Indonesia imports US $190billion a year, 4% of which comes from Australia, that is, about US $7billion. Indonesia imports US $28.8 billion in oil alone and US $12billion in steel each year. It is clear that Indonesia does not rely on Australia's iron and oil.

If Australians think that they can control Indonesia to give up the South Pacific by just relying on a few billion dollars of trade, I really don't know whether it is stupid or arrogant.
Dude, we are talking about now, not 6 years ago, in fact, you were talking about 2040, which is 17 years later.

lol, go look at the map and see where else can supplies Indonesia Iron and Coal (Not oil, I never said oil) The closest Iron Ore in that supplies is Russia, and the closest Coal supplies is either China or US. Again, sure, go with China, make it longer and more expensive to import, that is if China have any spare coal to export, China also bought Australian Coal.

Give up what? Australian never ask any people to give up anything, dude, we don't have land dispute with Indonesia, you must be thinking about your own country

Now, I don't really know if you are really stupid or arrogant

@Indos Do we have any island dispute with you? This Chinese member seems to think so....LOL

Dude, we are talking about now, not 6 years ago, in fact, you were talking about 2040, which is 17 years later.

lol, go look at the map and see where else can supplies Indonesia Iron and Coal (Not oil, I never said oil) The closest Iron Ore in that supplies is Russia, and the closest Coal supplies is either China or US. Again, sure, go with China, make it longer and more expensive to import, that is if China have any spare coal to export, China also bought Australian Coal.

Give up what? Australian never ask any people to give up anything, dude, we don't have land dispute with Indonesia, you must be thinking about your own country

I have to remind you that although Indonesia is a country in the South China Sea, there is no territorial dispute between China and Indonesia. China and Indonesia only have a small exclusive economic zone to dispute, which is a very small problem.

The Indian article you forwarded obviously confused Indonesia and the Philippines. I suggest you confirm my statement directly to the Indonesian members of PDF.

I have to remind you that although Indonesia is a country in the South China Sea, there is no territorial dispute between China and Indonesia. China and Indonesia only have a small exclusive economic zone to dispute, which is a very small problem.

The Indian article you forwarded obviously confused Indonesia and the Philippines. I suggest you confirm my statement directly to the Indonesian members of PDF.

Wow, must be nice living in your dream

First of all, EEZ dispute is land dispute, you cannot have EEZ without Land involved, because EEZ is the extension of land.

Second of all, you do know China have multiple time intrude into Indonesian Territorial Water near Natuna and almost landed an armed conflict in 2020, I would not call that "Small Problem"

And lol, if you don't like World Politics, how about Lowy Institute?

or the US based The DIplomat?

On the other hand, Australia don't even have a EEZ dispute with Indonesia. So I am asking you again, What did Indonesia need to give up?

@Indos Do we have any island dispute with you? This Chinese member seems to think so....LOL
Australia and Indonesia do not have territorial disputes, but conflicts of interest between the two countries in the South Pacific region are bound to break out. Does a collision between two countries necessarily require territorial disputes?

Is there a territorial dispute between China and Australia? The contradiction between China and Australia is that the Australians do not want the Chinese to overthrow the Anglo Saxon world order. It has nothing to do with territory.

The same is true of Indonesia. Do you think that when Indonesia has a GDP of 10trillion US dollars, they will still be willing to become a colony of Anglo Saxons?

Australia and Indonesia do not have territorial disputes, but conflicts of interest between the two countries in the South Pacific region are bound to break out. Does a collision between two countries necessarily require territorial disputes?

What conflict of interest? Dude, we are in the same region, our interest is the same, again, if you don't believe me, ask reputable Indonesian member here and they would have told you the same thing.

Seems to me the only "Conflict of Interest" is the one in your mind you are trying to stir now or in the future.

Is there a territorial dispute between China and Australia? The contradiction between China and Australia is that the Australians do not want the Chinese to overthrow the Anglo Saxon world order. It has nothing to do with territory.

Australia don't care about China, and this is not about Australia and China

The same is true of Indonesia. Do you think that when Indonesia has a GDP of 10trillion US dollars, they will still be willing to become a colony of Anglo Saxons?
@Indos This guys seems to think Indonesia now is the colony of Anglo Saxons.

LOL, you are funny. We are not bossing Indonesia around, nor Indonesia is bossing us around, we exist in the same place, and minding our own business, I know this concept must by alien to Chinese like you, but it was not to us.

What conflict of interest? Dude, we are in the same region, our interest is the same, again, if you don't believe me, ask reputable Indonesian member here and they would have told you the same thing.

Seems to me the only "Conflict of Interest" is the one in your mind you are trying to stir now or in the future.

Australia don't care about China, and this is not about Australia and China

@Indos This guys seems to think Indonesia now is the colony of Anglo Saxons.

LOL, you are funny. We are not bossing Indonesia around, nor Indonesia is bossing us around, we exist in the same place, and minding our own business, I know this concept must by alien to Chinese like you, but it was not to us.
You know, your current mentality is very familiar to us Chinese people.

You are like the Japanese in the 1990s. At that time, their view of China was just like your view of Indonesia now. But it is a historical necessity for China to surpass Japan, just as Indonesia surpasses Australia.

In the future, the South Pacific will be dominated by Indonesia. Indonesia in the future is bound to become a pole in the world.

You know, your current mentality is very familiar to us Chinese people.

You are like the Japanese in the 1990s. At that time, their view of China was just like your view of Indonesia now. But it is a historical necessity for China to surpass Japan, just as Indonesia surpasses Australia.

In the future, the South Pacific will be dominated by Indonesia. Indonesia in the future is bound to become a pole in the world.
lol, okay,

I mean, I won't stop you from living in your fantasy.......

I can live in my dream world too, why not we have all the Indonesian living in Australia and call them Australian from now on?? We are big enough as a country to have 200 million plus Indonesian to settle within Australia....

Dude, you are crazy, probably need to have your head check...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom