What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the people of Indus... You have just stolen our identity and history probably because you have no history/identity of your own to be proud of

I don't know why you say this but we have history and it is called buronji.
Why will I want stolen your identity.
Simple thing for anyone who read history, your people not do anything great and only ruled by other all time.
I have normal identity and I am proud of my ancestors who fight for motherland never give up.

You're ignoring part of my post. The political entity sitting in Delhi declares the Ganga as the river that defines India, the river that sustains it. Any tributaries of the Ganges in Pakistan are irrelevant as in Pakistan, we have not declared this river as central to our geopolitical situation. You're making the same mistake of assuming Pakistan or Nepal or Bangladesh are part of the modern political construct known as "India". There was an empire that artificially created "India" before 1947 and modern Indian citizens inherited that artificial construct, nothing more. Your "India" has no relevance to me as a Pakistani. Now with this in mind, it doesn't matter what someone sitting in Delhi says about what is "Indian" or what isn't - it doesn't apply to Pakistan. This is the crux of the great saffron fraud that has been quietly rewriting history, archaeology and anthropology to suit the Hindu rashtra narrative.

Why shouldn't non-Indians also be cognizant of the importance of Ganga as claimed by the Delhi regime itself? Why is it an insult as a descriptor of the state of India's primary geopolitical reference point?

Explain why and I will desist.

So far, people are saying it's insulting just because it is.

I have explained that if my context is benign, then it is nothing more than a descriptive term.

All over the world, people are unofficially (and with benign intent) named after geographic features particular to their unique situations. Why is an Indian insulted by reference to the river that supposedly sustains the nation of India?
You did not answered about Haryana being Ganguland or not.

We are "Indian" with reference to the Indus. You have usurped and misconstrued this word - at present, it is unusable by us but at heart we are certainly more "Indian" than you can possibly be. We can't use this word because of its misappropriation by Delhi.

An analagous situation arose in the FYR Macedonia, whom the Greeks claimed falsely appropriated the term "Macedonia".

It's quite plain and obvious when one actually thinks about it.
Should I tell you separately what I already told @M. Sarmad. Feel free to take your grievances with our government. If the government changes the name of our country to 'Gangadesh' based on your inputs, you can then call us by that name.

We are "Indian" with reference to the Indus. You have usurped and misconstrued this word - at present, it is unusable by us but at heart we are certainly more "Indian" than you can possibly be. We can't use this word because of its misappropriation by Delhi.
You can start by calling yourself "real" Indian and tell the world we're fakes, world will surely take note.

Should I tell you separately what I already told @M. Sarmad. Feel free to take your grievances with our government. If the government changes the name of our country to 'Gangadesh', you can then call us by that name.
I think most of the Gangetic plains people will be fine (if they have not seen the PDF's usage as a slur) but others may even revolt.

We are "Indian" with reference to the Indus. You have usurped and misconstrued this word
Headwaters of Indus flows through India before entering Pakistan. Rest of it too formed a part of our Indic lands before it was corrupted by an alien civilization.

You did not answered about Haryana being Ganguland or not.
Please explain what you're suggesting in detail. Are you saying because an offshoot of Ganga enters Pakistan then that area belongs to Delhi? I explained why this isn't true already. Ganga is not defined as central to Pakistani identity by Pakistanis. Ganga is the core of all Indians' identity as per routine Hindutva political thought. I also clearly explained why the nation of India is an artificial construct and Pakistan is not part of it. Hence, in Pakistan we define the importance of whatever geographical features exist in Pakistan. And as far as I know, the Ganga is not important.

Headwaters of Indus flows through India before entering Pakistan. Rest of it too formed a part of our Indic lands before it was corrupted by an alien civilization.
Indus is still central to us economically regardless of its origin.

Ganges is central to the republic of India economically and spiritually and politically. You and others mentioned elsewhere that not all of India is gangetic territory but at the same time, you all have a political affinity for Ganga and reverence for it - which is precisely my point ...that Ganges is central to all Indians. You actually get my point.

Sindh > Sindhu
Hind > Hindu
Ganga > Gangu
Things are not as simple as they seem, i was banned on PDF recently for using the abbreviated form of your country. Apparantly, as per forum rules, only Pakistanis can use the short form. We using it constitutes a slur..

Similarly, if Indians like @Aswaklanta D have no problems with it, then so be it, but many of us do when our neighbours use the term. That much should be clear.

If gangu is allowed to be used by your countrymen then we should be at a liberty to use a few shorthands at our discretion too. Methinks..

Please explain what you're suggesting in detail. Are you saying because an offshoot of Ganga enters Pakistan then that area belongs to Delhi? I explained why this isn't true already. Ganga is not defined as central to Pakistani identity by Pakistanis. Ganga is the core of all Indians' identity as per routine Hindutva political thought. I also clearly explained why the nation of India is an artificial construct and Pakistan is not part of it. Hence, in Pakistan we define the importance of whatever geographical features exist in Pakistan. And as far as I know, the Ganga is not important.
Please mind your own business. As @Naofumi has already pointed out, majority of Indians don't even live in the Gangetic plains. It will just make us feel excluded. On the other hand, 'India' is the official name of our country. So please call us Indians.

Every country is an artificial construct by your logic.

Indus is still central to us economically regardless of its origin.

Ganges is central to the republic of India economically and spiritually and politically. You and others mentioned elsewhere that not all of India is gangetic territory but at the same time, you all have a political affinity for Ganga and reverence for it - which is precisely my point ...that Ganges is central to all Indians. You actually get my point.
Can you just please mind your own business now? Can't you see 3 Indians already against the usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom