What's new

Chinese Trainer JL-9, L-15, JL-10, CJ-7 News & Discussions

Isn't it unusual for a jet trainer to have twin engines?

Why are Russian engines (2 × Ivchenko Progress AI-222K-25) used? What happened to the Chinese engines?

1. no
2. the engines are from Ukraine, the chinese engines are not ready, but china is suppose to get a co-production license for the Ukrainian engines

Its resemble Yak pkane..

thats because they had consultation help from Yakovlev. but it doesnt matter much because the end product still belongs to china

Isn't it unusual for a jet trainer to have twin engines?

Why are Russian engines (2 × Ivchenko Progress AI-222K-25) used? What happened to the Chinese engines?

No it is not. Many trainers had twin engines.

Even our Cessna T-37 (Twettie Bird ) used in PAF since 1960 had twin engines.

Since L-15 is an Advanced Trainer, twin engine training would be good for pilot of more Advanced Fighter aircrafts.

Any info on what unit will gain them first ?

No info but I don't know why they paint it everything yellow including the nozzle.

That's only the primer and not the final paint !

However all aircraft so far spotted are still assigned to the CFTE ... no operational yet.

Deino

Hmmm... I think PAF is getting T-38s and may be more from USA at later date. L-15s are really good as AJTs but I think PAF don't have money to spend on it as 65+ T-38 are enough for now.

May be PAF can easily gain F-5/F-5 dual from Middle East and other Muslim countries for Free.

F-5 can be used for light attack roles.

l15 looks more like the yak130
but i think the Yak130 is more advanced

Maybe You know that the L-15/JL-10 is based on the same design due to a close cooperation between Yakovlev and Hongdu similar to the CJ-7/L-7 and Yak-152.

Deino

L-15 is used as supersonic trainer from based up while Yak-130 capable of going supersonic , depend on which mode is based on is based on subsonic up.

In terms of aerodynamic or system, L-15 is supposed to be the most advance trainer. Even a PESA radar can be installed on it.

Last edited:
Temporary, the indigenous turbofan for the L-15 comes around 2015. No trainers aircraft's like the Yak-130 and M-346 have twin engines.

Any news on "indigenous turbofan for the L-15" ?
I heard Bangladesh went for Yak 130
Our Vietnam went for Yak 130 too

Any news on "indigenous turbofan for the L-15" ?
I heard Bangladesh went for Yak 130
Our Vietnam went for Yak 130 too
So you think Vietnam will buy Chinese weapon even it maybe more adance?

Bangladesh? They order the Yak-130 long ago before L-15 is finalized. Venezuela and Zambia are 2 comfirmed customer of L-15? Then the question shall be throw back to you why Venezuela and Zambia order L-15 instead of Yak-130? :D

Russian weapon is already brand name for a half of century.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom