What's new

Coke Studio Season 14

Momina Mustehsan..

1646662304834.png

Fans love Coke Studio's 'magical' 'Go' by Atif Aslam and Abdullah Siddiqui

The song is the first this season to heavily incorporate English lyrics.

6234803d676fb.png

The latest song in Coke Studio's season 14 lineup, 'Go', features Abdullah Siddiqui and Atif Aslam coming together for an unexpected Urdu-English hybrid. Taking everyone by surprise, the latest song is "an ode to sensitivity," according to Coke Studio's Instagram.

Siddiqui took to Instagram and thanked Coke Studio producer Xulfi for letting him make a "wonky desi hyperpop track" and for letting him bring a legend like Aslam into it. "Thank you for being there to guide me through all my panic and anxiety, and for creating an artistically generous environment for me to work in," he wrote.

He also thanked the 'Pehli Dafa' singer for elevating the song, just like how he elevates everything he works on. " Your voice is what fuels this song. Your melodies are poignant and instantly resonant. Thank you for the honour that is sharing your stage with you," he wrote. Siddiqui also credited Maanu for writing the song and allowing him and Aslam to perform it.
Fans of the two musicians have been taking to Twitter to express their take on the unexpected collaboration. For many, it's exactly the "banger" they were waiting for this season. The song starts with the traditional tune of a sarangi that fades into a more pop beat.

Unpopular opinion - Go is better than Pasoori.
Not because either are bad songs but that Pasoori has a very “known” formula feeling regardless of language sung in.

Unpopular opinion - Go is better than Pasoori.
Not because either are bad songs but that Pasoori has a very “known” formula feeling regardless of language sung in.
ooohh damn! yeah that's an unpopular opinion
I think after kana yaari (everyone is saying its the best but views are not complementing that viewpoint) ,
pasoori is the second-best song imo

but this is different in a good way, I can vibe with it - it has that new age feeling for some reason

ooohh damn! yeah that's an unpopular opinion
I think after kana yaari (everyone is saying its the best but views are not complementing that viewpoint) ,
pasoori is the second-best song imo

but this is different in a good way, I can vibe with it - it has that new age feeling for some reason
Its just fresher - I can imagine listening to this 5 years later… Pasoori or Kana Yari maybe not.

Its just fresher - I can imagine listening to this 5 years later… Pasoori or Kana Yari maybe not.
I like Kana Yari more than Pasoori TBH. What a refreshing mix of Rap, Classical and Remix.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom