What's new

CoronaVirus in Bangladesh - Updates & Discussion

Two more coronavirus patients die, 665 test positive in 24hrs: DGHS

coronavirus_death_toll_0_0.jpg

Star Online Report

Two people died of coronavirus infections in the last 24 hours, the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) said today.

The death toll now stands at 177, said Prof Dr Nasima Sultana, additional director general (administration) of DGHS, during a briefing.

Six hundred and sixty-five people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours. This is the highest number of infections detected so far in the country.

With this, the total number of infected has reached 9,455.

A total of 5,368 samples were tested across the country since yesterday, Dr Nasima added.

Among the two deceased, one was aged between 11-20 while the other above 60. One of them was from Rangpur and another from Narayanganj.

A total of 61 persons were put under isolation across the country in the last 24 hours, she also said.

Source : https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...ents-die-665-test-positive-24hrs-dghs-1899001

I believe I don’t need to elaborate about chal chor , tel chor , dal chor - ( food distribution ) . Besides these social security program is for ultra poor . What about us - middle class and lower middle class .
There is a group in FB “ We Are Bangladesh “ where I recently saw posts - people said that as per some news they received they called 333 to receive help , but they were told to contact with chairman / member / aj / Kal ( ghurai sudhu )
Even those people that received 10 Kg rice , 2 kg daal -3 ltr oil - how long do you expect these to last ..

Bhai Govt provides housing to Govt employees only. Whereas rest of us need to live in rented apartments . Only a few homeowner being of good heart decided not to take rent or agreed for delay . But that is less than even 1% . Rest of the homeowners are asking us to pay them rent regularly .

That is why I said it needs to be expanded to include the middle class. The food allowance needs to be enough to properly feed people properly.

Housing - well government needs to work with the private rental sector to ask them to reduce it and also help pay the rest of the rent. Where there is a will, there is way.

Just allowing things to go back to normal is not really the proper answer to the problems that the middle-class are having. After-all I presume that middle-class families also include elderly people of 70 years and over.

The lockdown measures need to be relaxed slowly over many months. On the balance of probability this pandemic will be gone by the end of the year and so not likely to last for too long.

Last edited:
That is why I said it needs to be expanded to include the middle class. The food allowance needs to be enough to properly feed people properly.
Remember what I said about relief of poor? Firstly that was 10 kg rice with some other goods ? later govt gave 5 kg more rice ! That is ridiculous is not it ? 2nd time it was half . As far I understand the picture is same everywhere . So since govt can not provide relief to poor people , then how they will give food to all middle class ?

Something written on paper is totally opposite to reality . I still strongly believe that govt does not need to take such burden . Just they should permit opening businesses . If people can buy other things from hat bazar , can uy medicine from pharmacy ,then what wrong if they can buy other goods ? Use proper protection , it will work as safe guard . Govt is not doing mature thing by this extended lock down . There are other ways to deal with the pandemic I believe .Just they need to maintain distance .

Bus should be opened up , because people are still traveling by river root . Just the result is more gathering . yes open transport but make sure that you take half passengers. This can be well monitored other than monitoring the whole country.

Housing - well government needs to work with the private rental sector to ask them to reduce it and also help pay the rest of the rent. Where there is a will, there is way.
There are many people who rely on house rent or shop rent for their livelihood. All house owners are not rich who live outside Dhaka . If rent is reduced , then everyone will want the chance , even the rich .
The lockdown measures need to be relaxed slowly over many months. On the balance of probability this pandemic will be gone by the end of the year and so not likely to last for too long.
Yes good logic, i agree completely . It should be relaxed by monitoring transport with reduced passenger . Open shops but let customers enter by maintaining distance , using mask and gloves .

Remember what I said about relief of poor? Firstly that was 10 kg rice with some other goods ? later govt gave 5 kg more rice ! That is ridiculous is not it ? 2nd time it was half . As far I understand the picture is same everywhere . So since govt can not provide relief to poor people , then how they will give food to all middle class ?

Government needs to give more food and make sure it gets to the people that need it.

There is plenty of food being grown by the farmers and so it is a case of distribution. If need be bring in the Army.

BD is in one of the best fiscal positions in the whole of the developing world, and so it can afford to pay the farmers for the food to distribute to all those that need it.

Something written on paper is totally opposite to reality . I still strongly believe that govt does not need to take such burden . Just they should permit opening businesses . If people can buy other things from hat bazar , can uy medicine from pharmacy ,then what wrong if they can buy other goods ? Use proper protection , it will work as safe guard . Govt is not doing mature thing by this extended lock down . There are other ways to deal with the pandemic I believe .Just they need to maintain distance .

You think it will be practical to maintain distance in poor and densely populated BD?

Just because people going out food shopping are taking some risks out of necessity, does you mean it is ok to open up even more risks when there are alternatives.

There are many people who rely on house rent or shop rent for their livelihood. All house owners are not rich who live outside Dhaka . If rent is reduced , then everyone will want the chance , even the rich .

They need to sacrifice a little now like most other people. They made good money from
rents when times were good and so should take a hit now like everyone else.

Government needs to give more food and make sure it gets to the people that need it.

There is plenty of food being grown by the farmers and so it is a case of distribution. If need be bring in the Army.

BD is in one of the best fiscal positions in the whole of the developing world, and so it can afford to pay the farmers for the food to distribute to all those that need it.
Exactly . Army is the solution . Deploy more army and neutralize all politician , people will get the sanctioned food and other thing, otherwise not . Also middle class will not come to take food , but food should be delivered to their home. Some people prefer suffering instead of line for any ration .things should be taken in consideration .But surely need more Army to be deployed !
You think it will be practical to maintain distance in poor and densely populated BD?
Maybe not very practical , but TBH practically few peoples are obeying lock down, day by day the lock down is becoming joke . So if you can relax it , perhaps it will help , because then people who do not want to disobey law will be beneficial too , so it will be fair treatment .
Just because people going out food shopping are taking some risks out of necessity, does you mean it is ok to open up even more risks when there are alternatives.
Well are they maintaining the distance when buying regular foods ? They are not doing so , hat/bazars are crowded as usual ,, maybe little less. So if other shops open , I do not think it will be over crowded !

And open up could be good as it will bring herd immunity !You see that herd immunity can help. As you can not lock people until any vaccine introduced , as we are not sure when vaccine will come! So if not total lifting of lock down , then nit must be relaxed! At least extended holiday is not working ! Some office already opened up and taking their employees with their own office bus ,instead of public transport . Is it not good thing ?
They need to sacrifice a little now like most other people. They made good money from
rents when times were good and so should take a hit now like everyone else.
Yes they need to sacrifice a bit I agree . But some of them made house with huge bank loan . They have to pay the loan with interest . If govt order not to give interest , then maybe it will help . Later they can take their rent slowly if they don't need to pay interest . However there is a good news about Bank interest .It would be better if the interest of two month totally freed .

https://www.banglainsider.com/bangladesh/55287/ঋণের-সুদ-২-মাসের-জন্য-স্থগিত

Finally govt must take a decision , indecision/contradictory decision will only make it look weak . And weak system die faster !

https://www.banglainsider.com/politics/55292/স্ববিরোধী-নির্দেশের-হিড়িক-অস্থিরতায়-কেন-সরকার

PS: I personally believe that all ministries should be neutralized for a period of time , emergency should be declared and army will be directly working under the direct supervision of Hasina . Then only the contradictory decision can be stopped ! @UKBengali

Last edited:
Bangladesh COVID-19 cases top 10,000 after biggest single-day spike
Staff Correspondent bdnews24.com

Published: 04 May 2020 02:54 PM BdST Updated: 04 May 2020 02:54 PM BdST

• coronavirus-control-room-270320-04.jpg

PreviousNext
The tally of coronavirus infections in Bangladesh has risen to 10,143 after 688 cases were detected in the 24 hours to 8am Monday.

This is the biggest single-day spike in infections since the first cases of the virus were reported on Mar 8.

Five more people, all men, died from the virus in the same period, bringing the body count to 182, said DGHS Additional Director General Nasima Sultana on Monday.

The recovery count also jumped to 1,209 after 147 patients were discharged from hospitals in the last 24 hours.

A total of 6,260 samples were tested during that time at 33 authorised laboratories across the country, according to the health directorate.

Another 90 suspected COVID-19 patients were taken into isolation, raising the total to 1,636, said Nasima.

Globally, over 3.51 million people have been infected by the novel coronavirus and 247,630 have died, according to a tally by Johns Hopkins University.

Infections have been reported in more than 210 countries and territories since the first cases were identified in China in December 2019.

@Atlas - Recovery total is now 1,209 and it will keep jumping upwards far higher than deaths now.

As for general lockdown it has been extended to May the 16 with special dispensation being made for garments etc.

I think this is sensible as long as the government keeps expanding the support measures it has put in place to help all those who has suffered a full or partial loss of income due to the pandemic

@Atlas - Recovery total is now 1,209 and it will keep jumping upwards far higher than deaths now.
Yes hope so . It's a very good sign .

As for general lockdown it has been extended to May the 16 with special dispensation being made for garments etc.

I think this is sensible as long as the government keeps expanding the support measures it has put in place to help all those who has suffered a full or partial loss of income due to the pandemic
Yes this is the most sensible decision IMHO . In Ramadan month most of cloth stores earn half of their annual livelihood , so if the decision hadn't been taken , I would question the wisdom of PM . But thankfully she never disappoints me . My respect towards her is increasing day by day . You see she always take the perfect decision. That's the reason many NON AL folks respect Hasina very much!

PS:@UKBengali , look , another BS article from our amateur journalists . They said that from 19 may market should be open and it must be closed before 4 PM . Do you know what will be the result of this ? It will back fire . As everyone will buy cloths form Eid , so it you open it from 10 may and only open till 4 am , then the gathering would be more than normal Eid market! If it is open tomorrow ( as business men take decision ) and last till 12 AM , then gathering can be less as people will have 16 hours time every day to buy . as if you have time from 8 am to 12 am , people will not crowed to buy cloths . But if you give them 7/8 hours instead (from 8/9 am to 4 pm ,and only for 14 days !) then the mass gathering would be the worst in Bangladesh history , as everyone want to buy some cloths . The clown journalists do not live in reality , they have no idea how things work .Why they have no slightest common sense do you understand ?Even people who do not buy any good thing , they buy cloths in the biggest festival . So if you want to control the crowed , you have to open it right now and for long time !

Read the BS article , by the amateur journalists who are hated by the most! However be sure , no one is going to pay attention to the journalists! @ebr77 your opinion please . Since you live in Bangladesh so you also know the real picture of our country. @UKBengali if you are living in UK from your childhood ,then perhaps you will have hard time understanding the ground reality of Bangladesh .

https://www.banglainsider.com/bangladesh/55351/তর-সইলো-না-দোকান-মালিক-সমিতির

Last edited:
@UKBengali , this is the final destination ! I said it before , didn't I ? It's called , "কাঙালের কথা বাসী হলেই ফলে" :lol:. So finally herd immunity is the path we are going to take , because there are no other way left !

PS : Non Bengali guys , the article is about herd immunity path for Bangladesh , did not find any English news yet .Please use translator if you want to read ,

করোনাভাইরাস: ভাইরোলজিস্ট বলছেন লকডাউন কাজ করছে না, 'ইমিউনিটি' গড়ে তোলা ছাড়া বাংলাদেশের জন্য মোকাবেলার আর পথ নেই
  • ৪ মে ২০২০
_112107274__112047139_gettyimages-1210609836.jpg
ছবির কপিরাইটGETTY IMAGES
Image captionবাংলাদেশে ভাইরাস শনাক্ত হওয়া রোগীর সংখ্যা বাড়ছে।
বাংলাদেশে প্রথম করোনাভাইরাস রোগী শনাক্ত হয়েছিল আটান্ন দিন আগে। আজ (সোমবার) স্বাস্থ্য অধিদপ্তরের দেয়া তথ্য অনুযায়ী মোট শনাক্ত হওয়া রোগীর সংখ্যা দাঁড়িয়েছে দশ হাজারের ওপর।

গত ২৪ ঘণ্টায় নতুন শনাক্ত হওয়া রোগীর সংখ্যা ৬৮৮, যা এখন পর্যন্ত একদিনে সর্বোচ্চ সংখ্যক শনাক্ত হওয়া রোগী।

বাংলাদেশের শীর্ষ ভাইরোলজিস্ট অধ্যাপক নজরুল ইসলাম বিবিসি বাংলাকে বলছেন বাংলাদেশে করোনভাইরাস মহামারির প্যার্টান বা আক্রান্তের সংখ্যা নির্দেশকারী গ্রাফে এর ওঠানামার চিত্রটা দেখলে দেখা যাবে, বিশে এপ্রিল ৪৯২জনের ভাইরাস শনাক্ত হয়েছিল। তারপর দৈনিক আক্রান্তের এই হার ওঠানামা করে এখন ৬শ'য়ের কোঠায় পৌঁছেছে।

"মাঝে এই সংখ্যা ৫০০র ঘরে ছিল, এখন তা ছয়শ'র ঘরে এসে গেছে। দিনে দিনে এই কার্ভটা (গ্রাফে আক্রান্তের রেখাচিত্র) উঠে যাচ্ছে। সমস্ত ইনফেকটেড লোকের ৫৫% ঢাকা সিটিতে। আর সব আক্রান্তের ৮৭% ঢাকা বিভাগে।"

তিনি বলছেন, বিশেষ করে ঢাকায় সংক্রমণের বিষয়টা ঠিকমত নিয়ন্ত্রণ করা যাচ্ছে না বলেই তার মনে হচ্ছে।

"ইনফেকশনটা ধীরে ধীরে বেড়েই চলেছে, সেটা যে সহসা কমবে তার কোন (লক্ষণ) নেই," বলছেন অধ্যাপক ইসলাম।

তিনি বলছেন, গত ২৮শে এপ্রিল গার্মেন্টস খুলে দেয়া হয়েছে এবং এর কী প্রভাব পড়বে তা "আমরা পাওয়া শুরু করব ১২ই মে থেকে"।

দোকানপাটও এতদিন বন্ধ থাকার পর খুলে দেবার যে উদ্যোগ নেয়া হচ্ছে, অধ্যাপক ইসলাম মনে করছেন তার প্রভাবে এই গ্রাফ আরও ঊর্ধ্বমুখী হবে।

কবে এই আশংকা কাটবে?

সারা পৃথিবীর মত বাংলাদেশের মানুষও গভীর উদ্বেগ নিয়ে অপেক্ষা করছে কবে তারা এই শঙ্কা-মুক্ত হবে।

অধ্যাপক ইসলাম মনে করছেন এই সংক্রমণ যদি অব্যাহত থাকে তাহলে "হার্ড ইমিউনিটি" না আসা পর্যন্ত অপেক্ষা করা ছাড়া উপায় নেই।

"হার্ড ইমিউনিটি- অর্থাৎ কিছু লোক মারা যাবে, এবং অনেক মানুষ ইমিউন (প্রাকৃতিকভাবে ভাইরাস প্রতিরোধী) হয়ে যাবে।"

মানুষের শরীরে এই ভাইরাসের বিরুদ্ধে যথেষ্ট প্রতিরোধ ক্ষমতা গড়ে উঠলে তবেই এই ভাইরাস থেকে ব্যাপক সংক্রমণের আশঙ্কা চলে যাবে বলে তিনি মনে করছেন। তবে এখানে সতর্ক হবার কারণও রয়েছে বলে তিনি হুঁশিয়ার করে দিয়েছেন।

"এই ভাইরাস যদি এর মধ্যে মিউটেট করে (আচরণ পরিবর্তন করে), তাহলে কিন্তু তা নাও হতে পারে। কারণ মিউটেট করলে সেটা নতুন ভাইরাসে পরিণত হয়ে যাবে।

"সেক্ষেত্রে ভ্যাকসিন ডেভেলপমেন্ট যেটা আমরা এখন করছি, সেটাও আবার তখন কাজে লাগবে কি না তাও জানা নেই," ব্যাখ্যা করেছেন অধ্যাপক ইসলাম।

বিবিসি বাংলায় আরও পড়তে পারেন:
শিথিল লকডাউন, ঊর্ধ্বমুখী সংক্রমণ - বাংলাদেশের ঝুঁকি কি বেড়েই চলছে?

কী ভবিষ্যৎ অপেক্ষা করছে বাংলাদেশের সামনে?

লকডাউন তুলে নেয়ার শর্ত কি পূরণ করতে পারছে বাংলাদেশ?

_112107277_gettyimages-1211688259.jpg
ছবির কপিরাইটGETTY IMAGES
Image captionলকডাউনের মধ্যে গার্মেন্টস খুলে দেবার একটা প্রভাব ফেলতে পারে সংক্রমণের হারের ওপর - মনে করছেন বিশেষজ্ঞরা।
ভ্যাকসিন প্রয়োগ করার মানে হল কৃত্রিম উপায়ে মানুষের রোগ প্রতিরোধ ক্ষমতা বাড়ানো। তবে কেউ যদি করোনাভাইরাসে সংক্রমিত হয়ে থাকে তাহলে স্বাভাবিক নিয়মে তার শরীরে এই ভাইরাসের বিরুদ্ধে প্রতিরোধ ক্ষমতা গড়ে উঠবে, বলছেন তিনি।

'ইমিউনিটি ছাড়া আমাদের আর কোন অস্ত্র নাই'
তার মতে, এই ভাইরাস মোকাবেলায় বাংলাদেশকে রোগ প্রতিরোধ ক্ষমতা বা ইমিউনিটির ওপর ভরসা করেই থাকতে হবে। কারণ তিনি বলছেন বাংলাদেশে উচ্চ মানের লকডাউন আরোপ করা সম্ভব না।

"আমরা চেষ্টা তো করলাম এক মাস ধরে। পারছি না তো। সবাই চেষ্টা করেছে। পুলিশ চেষ্টা করেছে, আর্মি চেষ্টা করেছে, ভলান্টিয়াররা চেষ্টা করেছে। আমরা পারছি না।"

তিনি বলছেন বাংলাদেশে এই রোগ মোকাবেলার একমাত্র উপায় যে মানুষের মধ্যে ইমিউনিটি তৈরি হওয়া, সরকারকে সেটা মানতে হয়ত বাধ্য হতে হবে। অধ্যাপক ইসলাম বলেন আমেরিকা বা ইতালিতে কর্তৃপক্ষ যেভাবে লকডাউন কার্যকর করতে পারে, বাংলাদেশ সেভাবে এই লকডাউন কার্যকর করতে পারছে না।

"বাংলাদেশে মানুষজনের যে বিহেভিয়ার‍্যাল প্যার্টান (আচরণের ধরন) আর বাংলাদেশ সরকারের যে সক্ষমতা, এই দুটা যদি আপনি চিন্তা করেন, তাহলে বাংলাদেশের সরকার এইরকম আচার-ব্যবহারওয়ালা জনগোষ্ঠিকে প্রকৃতভাবে লকডাউন করাতে পারবে বলে আমার মনে হয় না।"

এদিকে, করোনাভাইরাস ছড়িয়ে পড়া ঠেকাতে বাংলাদেশের সরকার আজই "সাধারণ ছুটির" মেয়াদ ষষ্ঠবারের মত বাড়িয়েছে। মন্ত্রিপরিষদ বিভাগ এবং জনপ্রশাসন মন্ত্রণালয় আলাদা দু'টি প্রজ্ঞাপন জারি করেছে।

মন্ত্রিপরিষদ বিভাগ "শর্তসাপেক্ষে সাধারণ ছুটি বা চলাচলে নিষেধাজ্ঞা বর্ধিতকরণ" শিরোনামে এই প্রজ্ঞাপন বলেছে আগামী ১৪ই মে পর্যন্ত জনসাধারণের চলাচলে নিষেধাজ্ঞা বাড়ানো হয়েছে।

এই সময়ে এক জেলা ও উপজেলা থেকে অন্য জেলা ও উপজেলায় চলাচল কঠোরভাবে নিয়ন্ত্রণ করা হবে। বন্ধ থাকবে সব আন্তঃজেলা গণপরিবহন। দুটো প্রজ্ঞাপনেই বলা হয়েছে যে ঈদ-উল-ফিতরের ছুটির সময় কর্মস্থল ত্যাগ করা যাবে না।

জেলা প্রশাসন এবং আইনশৃঙ্খলা বাহিনী এই নিয়ন্ত্রণ কার্যকর করবে বলে জানানো হয়েছে।

_112107275__111880860_whatsubject.jpg
ছবির কপিরাইটGETTY IMAGES
Image captionবাংলাদেশের অনেকেই সামাজিক দূরত্বের নিয়মকানুন মানছেন না বলে অভিযোগ রয়েছে
অধ্যাপক ইসলাম বলছেন সরকার অবশ্যই চেষ্টা করছে, কিন্তু তিনি মনে করেন "সরকারের সক্ষমতার একটা থ্রেসহোল্ড আছে অর্থাৎ এর বেশি সরকার সক্ষম না।"

তিনি বলছেন সে কারণেই সংক্রমণের হার দিনে দিনে বেড়েই যাচ্ছে, যদিও বাড়ার হার কম, কিন্তু তিনি বলছেন গ্রাফে সংক্রমণের হার স্থিতিশীল মাত্রায় আসছে না বা গ্রাফে সংক্রমণটা সমান্তরাল রেখায় পৌঁছেছে তেমনটা দেখা যাচ্ছে না।

অধ্যাপক ইসলাম বলছেন গার্মেন্টস খোলার পর এবং দোকানপাট খুলে দেবার পর ১২ই মে থেকে অবস্থা পর্যবেক্ষণ করে তবেই বোঝা যাবে এই গ্রাফ সমান্তরাল রেখায় পৌঁছে, সেখান থেকে নিচের দিকে নামার কোন ইঙ্গিত দিচ্ছে কি না।

"সেটাই হবে আমাদের আলটিমেট অবস্থা। এরপর আমাদের আর করণীয় কিছুই নেই। গ্রাফ যদি তখনও ওঠানামা করতে থাকে তাহলে 'হার্ড ইমিউনিটি" ছাড়া আমাদের কোন উপায় নেই, যদি না এর মধ্যে কোন ভ্যাকসিন চলে আসে," বিবিসি বাংলার সঙ্গে সাক্ষাৎকারে বলেছেন বাংলাদেশের অন্যতম শীর্ষ ভাইরোলজিস্ট অধ্যাপক নজরুল ইসলাম।
Source :https://www.bbc.com/bengali/news-52532596

Coronavirus cases in Bangladesh hit 10,929; One more dies

2Shares
facebook.svg

whatsapp.svg

messenger.svg

twitter.svg

email.svg

• UNB NEWS
  • DHAKA
  • PUBLISH- MAY 05, 2020, 02:34 PM
  • UNB NEWS - UNB NEWS
  • UPDATE- MAY 05, 2020, 03:09 PM
6106684_New%20Project.jpg

UNB File Photo
Bangladesh recorded the highest number of coronavirus cases in a single day on Tuesday as 786 more people got infected in the last 24 hours, raising the total cases to 10,929.

Besides, one more people died from the virus infection during the period, raising the death toll in the country to 183.

Prof Dr Nasima Sultana, Additional Director General of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), came up with the disclosure in the daily online health bulletin, held at the Management Information System (MIS) in the afternoon. 1403 people so far have recovered.

In the last 24 hours, several coronavirus testing laboratories across the country, tested 5,711 samples, she added.

Read Also:Coronavirus: Global death toll reaches 252,393

Coronavirus cases in Bangladesh exceed 10,000; 5 more die in 24 hrs

The global death toll from coronavirus reached 252,393 as of Tuesday.

According to worldometer data, 3,645,320 cases have so far been confirmed since the virus was first reported in China in December last year. So far, 922,581 people have recovered.

Of those infected, 2,144,722 are currently being treated and 49,635 of them are in serious or critical condition.

The World Health Organisation declared the coronavirus crisis a pandemic on March 11. Bangladesh confirmed its first coronavirus cases on March 8 and the first death on March 18.

@Atlas

It is dangerous to try to rely on "herd immunity" as this is relatively unknown virus and so no-one yet knows how effective any anti-bodies that people produce are in stopping a 2nd infection, and how long any immunity lasts.
It will take many months before we know the answers to the above questions.

BD has a relatively low level of deaths and so should continue with what it is doing now, with keeping as much "social distancing" as possible while opening the economy up slowly over time in a phased and safe way.

BD government would be very foolish if they are thinking of going with this policy as it may not work and cause hundreds of thousands of deaths for no gain in the end.

@Atlas

It is dangerous to try to rely on "herd immunity" as this is relatively unknown virus and so no-one yet knows how effective any anti-bodies that people produce are in stopping a 2nd infection, and how long any immunity lasts.
It will take many months before we know the answers to the above questions.
But had not Bangladesh actually choose the path already ? just under the cover of lock down ?
BD government would be very foolish if they are thinking of going with this policy as it may not work and cause hundreds of thousands of deaths for no gain in the end.
How do we know that infection did not spread in Bangladesh already ? There are lots of people who have no symptom !How would you recognize them ? It will take more than 50 years if you perform test in current rate ! Yes govt should not go for this faster , so they must open up Eid market for all day long . Later they can put restriction ! I explained it bellow ! Please read thoroughly !
BD has a relatively low level of deaths and so should continue with what it is doing now, with keeping as much "social distancing" as possible while opening the economy up slowly over time in a phased and safe way.

But what is a safe way ? Can you provide me a clear answer ?

Very few people buy from fixed price shops as I said . So what is the point of opening up the shopping mall from 10 may and for 6 hours only ? Tell me what benefit you will get from it ? Banks were open for 2 hours , now it's 3 hours . Good vegetable market (কাঁচাবাজার ) are open for limited time that's fine people people love to gather here . tea stalls are the places where people gather the most , so close them that's fine . But If you open up Eid market what reason is this that you have to open it for 6 hours ? Only to swarm people like bees? Now people are more or less aware of the virus , so open up Eid market for all day long , cloth store are not the place of adda like tea stalls and groceries. If you open it for limited time , people will swarm like bees , as everyone wants to buy cloth for Eid !

The minister Forhad Hossein does not know the ground reality. Current ministry is full of well educated folks who are completely isolated from common folks , although they are much less corrupted and gentlemen! But you need savage to control a savage hoard!

So yes open up slowly does not mean that you will open EId market for few hours so that people can swarm like bees .

All our policy makers are idiots , talkative and do not live in reality . I would say force people to celebrate Eid at their work place , so no transport should be open up yet . If business folks need to go to Dhaka to buy cloths for Eid selling , they can go in alternative ways ( like all can rent a bus for themselves with the approval of administration) , but will govt do this ?

Again it's very dangerous to open up Eid market for short time . Yes after Eid they can order cloth stores to open for 6 hours , but not before EID . It's very very dangerous .

Finally I say that yes I agree with you about lifting lock down slowly , as I am not also die hard fan of herd immunity .

But govt must understand the pulse of common folks . If Eid market is open for limited time it will just swarm with people . Not opening shops at all in Eid market could be the better solution than opening up for limited time . Govt only opened them because either because of lack of practical knowledge , or only for the pressure of business persons .Because if shops are open for 6 hours only , that is more than enough time to make huge profit , they will employ multiple salesman and will keep selling to mass people .

So if you need to prevent gathering you must open up either for 24 hours , or do not open at all !

After Eid has passed you can put restriction again ( as a part of slow lift of lock down) as few people buy cloth before one month after Eid festival passed .Yes I am not the die hard fan of herd immunity so I am extremely worried about opening up Eid market for 6/7 hours!

No one needs to rely on my narratives , but what I am saying if it is the ground reality , then can anyone deny that govt is actually committing grave mistake for opening up Eid market for limited hours of a day ?
@UKBengali

Last edited:
DGHS reports three more virus deaths, 790 fresh cases
FE ONLINE DESK | Published: May 06, 2020 14:49:49 | Updated: May 06, 2020 15:11:02

1588754989.jpg
UNB file photo used only for representation

Three more people died from novel coronavirus in Bangladesh in the last 24 hours to 8:00am on Wednesday, bringing the body count to 186.

Besides, 790 others were diagnosed with COVID-19 during the same period, taking the number of such cases in the country to 11,719, said Prof Dr Nasima Sultana, additional director general of the Directorate General (Administration) of Health Services (DGHS), while briefing the media live at 2:30pm.

This is the highest single-day cases the country has so far reported since March 08, when it first registered three new cases in the country.

The fresh coronavirus infections were found after testing 6,241 samples during the period under review, she said.

Meanwhile, the global death toll from coronavirus has reached 258,511 as of Wednesday noon.

It has so far infected 3,741,444 people around the world, according to Worldometer - a website that provides real-time updates.

Of them, 2,235,470 are currently being treated and 49,243 of them are in serious or critical condition.

So far, 1,247,463 people have recovered.

The novel coronavirus disease was first reported in China in December last year.

As the COVID-19 began sweeping across the world, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared it a pandemic on March 11 this year.

https://thefinancialexpress.com.bd/...-more-virus-deaths-790-fresh-cases-1588755618

Back
Top Bottom