What's new

Coronavirus in Indonesia - updates, news & discussion

I think most of the infected people are only get a mild symptom.

But certain mutation of coronavirus is very dangerous.

But anyway, the worldwide war against coronavirus has been lost in my opinion.

Herd Immunity is the only solution (which means to do nothing).

Even a country who fight coronavirus well, like it or not, must start to reinfect their population again.

What a sad world.

This is why I think effective drug is very important since stopping the outbreak seems quite impossible by seeing how interconnected the world Today. For example, if China loosen its measure on the Covid 19 battle, they can get another big hit from the second wave of the outbreak from imported cases. Singapore is also another example, after very successful in taming the infection rate, they get second big wave from migrant worker since they play down the vulnerability of the immigrant worker housing with possible virus infection.

I think one of the reason our death rate is high and the recovery rate is relatively small compared to Malaysia and others is because the patient dont eat much due to hospital food that I think is not quite delicious. If family are accompanying the patient like happening in usual case, the patient will get many outside food that are delicious, and I think it is positive for improving the recovery. And of course with Covid 19 patient case, family is not allowed to accompany them.

I also hope our hospital use many of our herbal medicine to improve immune system of the patient. Ginger, kunyit, and temulawak are already being researched as potential medicine for the Covid 19 patients.

Accumulative Number 29 April

Total Infection : 9.771

Total Death : 784

Total Cured : 1.391

Last edited:
This is why I think effective drug is very important since stopping the outbreak seems quite impossible by seeing how interconnected the world Today. For example, if China loosen its measure on the Covid 19 battle, they can get another big hit from the second wave of the outbreak from imported cases. Singapore is also another example, after very successful in taming the infection rate, they get second big wave from migrant worker since they play down the vulnerability of the immigrant worker housing with possible virus infection.

I think one of the reason our death rate is high and the recovery rate is relatively small compared to Malaysia and others is because the patient dont eat much due to hospital food that I think is not quite delicious. If family are accompanying the patient like happening in usual case, the patient will get many outside food that are delicious, and I think it is positive for improving the recovery. And of course with Covid 19 patient case, family is not allowed to accompany them.

I also hope our hospital use many of our herbal medicine to improve immune system of the patient. Ginger, kunyit, and temulawak are already being researched as potential medicine for the Covid 19 patients.

Accumulative Number 29 April

Total Infection : 9.771

Total Death : 784

Total Cured : 1.391

Quite right!

For the food, you mean traditional medicine/herbal/jamu... Hahaha

It's actually forbidden in the medical world and dangerous as well.

But traditional medicine is actually quite effective.

Many articles are suggesting to eat a lot of vitamin C pill to increase your immunity level.

But in my opinion, traditional herbal is even more effective.

Since we lack scientific study over traditional herbal, there's nothing we can say... but experience knows they are actually very effective.

Btw, eat Tolak Angin, it's good for your immunity level if you feel like a bit of sick or weak (based on my experience)... Hahaha

Buy a box of it and keep it as a precaution.

And if you got a fever (probably because of coronavirus), use kerokan (with bawang merah and minyak tawon)... Ups, maybe it works... Hahaha

But that thing already in my mind so far, just need some test... Hahaha

Accumulative Number 3 May

Total Infection : 11.192

Total Death : 845

Total Cured : 1876

Testing (PCR) : 112.000 specimens (83.400 people)

Pertamina Hospital, one of leading state owned hospital in Jakarta will make extension building that can treat 300 Covid 19 patients.

Doctors in this hospital is very experience, when I got severe eye sickness, I have been treated in Eye center Clinic in Mayestic which doesnt give any meaningful result, then I went to government hospital, Fatmawati, which also resulted with unsatisfactory result. Later I went to Pertamina hospital and treated with very experience Doctor, Doctor Slamet. Alhamdulillah he has given me a good drug. My sister who is also a doctor but specialize in heart disease (cardiologist) has already warned me about possible blindness if I dont get good treatment based on the symptoms that I get at that time.

Pertamina Hospital extension building for Covid 19 patient construction progress

Accumulative Number 4 May

Total Infection : 11.587

Total Death : 864

Total Cured : 1.954

Do you guys do rapid testing?

Yes, we have bought 500.000 rapid test from China in March and have already been received. But the test will be confirmed by PCR test if the result in rapid testing is positive. Any one whose result is positive in rapid testing need to isolate himself under supervision.

According to press conference made by Minister of Research Today, Indonesia will be ready to produce ventilators in the middle of May. They still need another one week for clinical test after other test have been passed successfully. At least there are 4 prototypes that were designed by universities, research agency, and private companies that are now under trial. The ventilators are consisted with simple ventilators and complex one who can be used in ICU unit in which for the latter is designed by Gov Research Agency (BPPT).

Several state owned companies and one private company will be the ones that will produce those ventilators.

Lembaga Biologi Mokuler Eijkman had been mapping the route of how coronavirus came to Indonesia.

https://www.msn.com/id-id/berita/na...sil-ditelusuri-peneliti-indonesia/ar-BB13Ecm2
(Sorry, it's in Indonesia, but you can easily translate it to English with translator)

The virus came from China but not directly.

It's entered from Japan, UEA, and USA.

I guess, from the route, I can predict the coronavirus in Indonesia mostly are in Group C (similar to those in Europe).

Lembaga Biologi Mokuler Eijkman had been mapping the route of how coronavirus came to Indonesia.

https://www.msn.com/id-id/berita/na...sil-ditelusuri-peneliti-indonesia/ar-BB13Ecm2
(Sorry, it's in Indonesia, but you can easily translate it to English with translator)

The virus came from China but not directly.

It's entered from Japan, UEA, and USA.

I guess, from the route, I can predict the coronavirus in Indonesia mostly are in Group C (similar to those in Europe).

There is European connection as well. One of my high school alumni (my junior) mother has passed away due to covid 19 and she has been in Europe in February/March before returning back to Indonesia.

Accumulative Number 6 May

Total Infection : 12.438

Total Death : 895

Total Cured : 2.317

what if it is negative?

If it is random testing so of course will be released, but if the testing is contact tracing one so they will still be put on self isolation under supervision until the PCR test result is conducted and the result is released.

Accumulative Number 7 May

Total Infection : 12.776

Total Death : 930

Total Cured : 2.381

Accumulative Number 8 May

Total Infection : 13.112

Total Death : 943

Total Cured : 2.494

TEST (PCR): 143.000 SPECIMEN (103.000 People)

I dont specify 000 on the test because I am lazy

Accumulative Number 9 May

Total Infection : 13.645

Total Death : 959

Total Cured : 2.607

Accumulative Number 10 May

Total Infection : 14.032

Total Death : 973

Total Cured : 2.698

Back
Top Bottom