What's new

Covid-19 - Devastating Second Wave in India - Updates and Discussion

I am suprised they have not even done localised lockdowns in Delhi. There seems to be no firm direction from the indian goverment on this issue.
Same here, the total lockdown should happen a month ago, what are they waiting for? till everyone dies?

The video is of last year.
And @Windjammer aren't u old enough for taking cheap potshot using fake info ?

You have been fapping in this forum for last 12 years with such fake and dubious threads only to be called out and made fun of by ur own brethren. There is world outside this place, go there and live a normal life.
Lol, someone who has been on the forum for less than four years is commenting about my 12 year history.
Well you must have another brain growing outside your head as well.....so can you tell us what is your issue with this thread.....is it old or fake.....well i can certainly say it's not fake however going by the date on twitter which incidentally was posted by your cousin, i didn't think it was old.....now when you say it's old , has the Corona crisis ended in India because after all the subjects are arguing about same Corona.
As for your rant, well why did you bother to join a Pakistani forum, after all as you say there is a world outside this place, why aren't you living that so called normal life.....the reality is that it's you people who are living in the bubble, the real world is outside India and your dilemma is that every time you are shown the mirror, the image is too gruesome to accept so easy escape for you is that either it's fake or belongs to someone else....just live with it my friend.

If the commentary on India's covid "fight" are to be believed, India already had has over 1million deaths already!

Why should this come as a surprise? This is India a country of incompetence. Indians always making the wrong decisions, taking the wrong actions. Mass fires burning there as if it just got nuked. Will lockdowns even make a difference now? I wonder

US with approx 600.000 deaths doesn't look like as if was nuked, Indian government reporting 200.000 is being pictured by the media as if the Indians just got hit by a mega thermo nuclear blast. People can make up their own mind whether the Indian official figures are trustworthy.

just remember what BJP Indians said about Kung Flu, bat eaters, plague spreaders, Wuhan virus, Chinese virus, etc. I feel sorry for dalits, leftists, Muslims, Buddhists, northeasterners, Bengalis, Keralans, and Kashmiris living under their regime's boot.

just remember that India calls itself a democracy. if we agree with them, anything that happens is the will of the people. in aggregate they voted for a leadership that allowed this to occur.

Why should this come as a surprise? This is India a country of incompetence. Indians always making the wrong decisions, taking the wrong actions. Mass fires burning there as if it just got nuked. Will lockdowns even make a difference now? I wonder

India may see 1.02mn Covid deaths by August 1: US-based body
A leading US-based global health research body has projected 1
Funeral pyres of Covid-19 fatalities burn during a mass cremation at a crematorium in New Delhi, India, on Friday. (Bloomberg)

Funeral pyres of Covid-19 fatalities burn during a mass cremation at a crematorium in New Delhi, India, on Friday. (Bloomberg)
WORLD NEWS

By Yashwant Raj
UPDATED ON MAY 03, 2021 10:53 PM IST

A leading US-based global health research body has projected 1.02 million cumulative deaths from Covid-19 in India by August 1, with 630,000 additional fatalities from April 26, unless “drastic measures” were taken. The previous projection by this institute for the same end date was 960,000.

The deadly disease crossed another grim milestone last week, becoming the No 1 killer in the country, going up by 78%.

A top official of the Biden administration, national security adviser Jake Sullivan, told ABC news on Sunday the pandemic is “raging out of control” in India. Even as the United States has rushed assistance worth $100 million, it has also announced restrictions on travel from India starting on Tuesday. It bars everyone but US citizens, green card holders, students joining colleges and universities and, certain academics and professionals.

“Without drastic measures to bolster the health system to deal with this onslaught, decreased social mixing, and increased effective face mask use, the situation currently looks quite grim for India,” said an updated country-specific policy briefing from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME), a widely regarded independent research wing of the University of Washington based in Seattle.

“IHME’s reference scenario forecasts 1,019,000 Covid-19 deaths in India by August 1, 2021,” it added. The forecast is based on data from April 25 to 30. In the worst case, cumulative deaths could go as high as 1.22 million.

The fatalities can be reduced. “If universal mask coverage (95%) were attained in the next week, our model projects 73,000 fewer cumulative deaths compared to the reference scenario by August 1,” IHME said.

IHME says its projection is based on “what we think is most likely to happen: vaccines are distributed at the expected pace; governments adapt their response by re-imposing social distancing mandates depending on the number of cases per million: how the variants are spreading; and in one-quarter of those vaccinated, mobility increases toward pre-Covid-19 levels.

The research body’s projected toll for India is way past the other countries hits the hardest by the pandemic currently: the United States could see its fatalities rise to 598,882 by August 1; 575,635 in Brazil; 151,000 in the United Kingdom and 234,000 in Mexico.

IHME also forecast daily deaths in India will peak at 12,000 on May 20, pushing forward previous peak day of May 16.

Last week, the policy briefing noted, was perhaps the deadliest overall. The estimated daily deaths in the last week increased to 4,800 per day on average compared to 2,700 the week before, IHME said, adding, this spike made Covid-19 “the number 1 cause of death in India last week”.

Ischemic heart disease was at second position with 29,214; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease was third with 17,278; stroke was fourth with 13,444; and diarrheal diseases together were fifth with 12,160 fatalities.

wrong, vast underreporting, a million already, at least 5 million

I am suprised they have not even done localised lockdowns in Delhi. There seems to be no firm direction from the indian goverment on this issue.

Modi is showing his 56" chest. The RSS brigade is in denial and resisting demands from their Western partners to lockdown. Modi is economically already on a ventilator. The lockdown will put Modi and his Hindustan back for decades to come.

Back
Top Bottom