What's new

Does Pakistan have MRLS?

MOO

Reaction score
Click url for video:
http://www.scaic.com.cn/nimages/ws2.wmv

Type 83, 273 mm Multiple Rocket Launcher
WM-80, 273 mm Multiple Rocket Launcher

The Chinese 273 mm multiple rocket system utilises a modular design similar to the US MLRS. The Type 83 (also known as WM-40) Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRL), mounted on a tracked vehicle chasis, has four tubes arranged in a single line. The chassis was derived from the Type 63 APC.

The Type 83 was originally developed in the early 1980s to provide the PLA with a long-distance rocket firepower. The production of the Type 83 stopped in 1988, with only a small number delivered to the PLA. Currently some Type 83 are in service with the independent artillery division in some Military Regions.

The modernised and upgraded WM-80 Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher, mounted on the rear of a Shandong Taian TA-550 8X8 cross-country truck chassis, has eight tubes arranged in two lines of four tubes.

The WM-80 features a reload time of 5 to 8 minutes, and a digital ballistic computer which provides positioning and fire direction for an accuracy of less than 2% of the range to the target. The 273 mm rocket is a fin stabilised high explosive rocket. The rocket is olive drab with black markings, and weighs 484 kilograms (1,067 pounds).

Currently the WM-80 is merely for export market, and has not been seen in service with the PLA.

China has MRLS and so does India, I heard they bought the Russian SMERCH system and also locally developing their own MRLS system for the army.

What about Pakistan, do they have MRLS? Is it even necessary for the to have such a weapon? Don't know about you guys but every Army should have these long ranged artillery weapon if they want to be an effective fighting force.

Pakistan do have a multiple rocket launcher, and i have personally seen it from my eye in a 6th sept military show in SIALKOT. That was about 7 yrs ago. The missiles in this video seems alot larger than those i had seen over there.

Hence its 110% affirmative that Pakistan have those.:thumbsup:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom