What's new

Featured Ebrahim Raisi becomes Iran's 8th President

Aspen

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Three presidential candidates have congratulated rival Seyyed Ebrahim Raeisi on his victory in Iran’s 2021 presidential election, although the Interior Ministry has yet to release the official results.

In separate messages on Saturday, Seyyed Amir-Hossein Ghazizadeh-Hashemi, Nasser Hemmati, and Mohsen Rezaei conceded defeat and offered congratulations to fellow candidate Raeisi on winning the 2021 presidential election.

This is while all eyes are on the Interior Ministry, which is expected to release the results shortly.

(Check back later for updates to this article.)

How much was the turnout?
And how much votes did the reformist candidate got?

He won by a landslid...he now has a mandate from the people to change things and that is a powerful position to be in..he can be bold because of that 62% vote...his liberal opponents at only 8%...Rouhani and his gang are booted out by the people..

how is the new prez an ultra conservative? in a pan Islamic sense or deep roots sectarian sense?

But people dont like the current reformist president enough..Reformists are like US presidents- the only place they have results is in their theories, they dont have results present in reality/truth.
well one of highest Iran economy growth took place under Khatami administration as reformist ...

how is the new prez an ultra conservative? in a pan Islamic sense or deep roots sectarian sense?
sectarian has got no place in Iran ...
1396021222062414710711874.jpg393949_807.jpg393940_127.jpg

well one of highest Iran economy growth took place under Khatami administration as reformist ...
Khatami was a reformist yes, but he also ruled during a different "era", so contextually, Khatami is irrelevant to Rouhani's performance and national perception...times have changed and Iran has changed ALOT since Khatami was president.

romanticism aside, you know exactly what I am talking about. sectarianism is a curse for the ummah and the shia sunni rivalry between Iran and ksA is also well known. so it's a perfectly legitimate & appropriate question to inquire if the new president is one of those shia hardliners who thinks a good sunni is a dead sunni or if he has a pan Islamic ideology where he considers all muslims as of one faith regardless of sect or fiqh & is willing to reach across the isle to build long lasting bonds.

Can someone explain why the Turnout was low compared to previous elections? And if it affects the future of Country and Islamic regime? @TheImmortal @skyshadow @anyone

romanticism aside, you know exactly what I am talking about. sectarianism is a curse for the ummah and the shia sunni rivalry between Iran and ksA is also well known. so it's a perfectly legitimate & appropriate question to inquire if the new president is one of those shia hardliners who thinks a good sunni is a dead sunni or if he has a pan Islamic ideology where he considers all muslims as of one faith regardless of sect or fiqh & is willing to reach across the isle to build long lasting bonds.

Doesn't look like it will slow down:

Raisi: I will form a busy, revolutionary and anti-corruption government / We will move towards the expansion of justice

According to the political group of Tasnim News Agency, Ayatollah Seyyed Ibrahim Ra'isi, President-elect of the Iranian people, emphasized in a message after winning the presidential election, "As I entered this independent election, with the support of your high votes and unparalleled trust, God willing, "I am a hard-working, revolutionary and anti-corruption figure, and we will move towards the expansion of justice as the central mission of the Islamic Revolution."

Praise be to God who guided the hearts of the nation for passionate and historic participation and created the satisfaction of the Imam, the martyrs and all the lovers of the Islamic Revolution. Yesterday, once again, the world witnessed a great epic of the rising nation that opened a new page of contemporary history with faith, knowledge and empathy. I express my gratitude and humility to the door with divine majesty and greetings to the pure and holy souls of the virtuous martyrs of the Islamic Revolution, especially Haj Qasim Aziz, whose memory and name had perfumed the atmosphere of our beloved country these days. I will send.

Dear people of Iran, yesterday's election was a manifestation of theism, nationalism and national self-confidence and your great political celebration in the second step and the beginning of the new century, which was manifested in the days of the birth of Imam Raouf (as). Today is the day of kindness and patience and the day of unity, friendship and empathy. The election of this election is based on the rule of religious democracy, the election of the whole nation and the servant of the whole republic. Whether those who elected me or my loved ones who voted for other honourable candidates or those who did not go to the polls for any reason.

I am; I congratulate the creation of this happy event in the presence of Imam Asr, the dear and wise leader of the Islamic Revolution, who guided the hearts of the people to attend this scene with his ingenious measures and extend his hand to the people one by one for the creation. I warmly press this great epic and consider the great nation of Iran as the victor of this global manifestation and brilliance, who continue to shout the sublime ideals of the Islamic Revolution, from seeking justice and independence to seeking freedom and dignity in abandoning their just demands with their votes. They beat.

Iranian people; Yesterday you fulfilled your covenant with sincerity, and today it is the turn of this servant of God and your servant to remain faithful to the covenant I have made with you and not to fail to serve you for a moment. Without a doubt, I need your constant support, compassion and good prayers in this path.

Dear people of Iran;

As I entered this independent election, with the support of your high votes and unparalleled trust, I will form a prosperous, revolutionary and anti-corruption government, God willing, and we will move towards the expansion of justice, as the central mission of the Islamic Revolution, and all capacities. We will use the government to create a great movement to serve our dear Iranians.

I need to thank all the honourable candidates, whether those who did not stay until the end of the race for any reason or the candidates who warmed up the elections with their presence until the last day and God willing, I will use their valuable views to manage matters.

Finally, I commend the valuable efforts of all supervisors, executives, law enforcement, national media, social media activists, members of the media and journalists, who, despite the mischief of the enemies of the people, contributed to the enthusiastic participation in the elections. Dear people and supporters who volunteered to enter the square and help this little servant of the people.

God, do so, in the end, your work will be happy, and we, God
bless you, are not willing to go to the Crimean government.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom