What's new

FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 Philippine, Japan, Indonesia

Germany 85 : Australia 82

This one hurt bad........We now need to demolish Japan to get thru to second round

France is one procession away from getting spunk off group stage by Latvia......

France loss 86 - 88 to Latvia. And they are done in this world cup.......

Video highlight to follow

Last edited:
South Sudan 22 : China 16 End of 1st Qtr
South Sudan 44 : China 40 Halftime
South Sudan 63 : China 53 End of 3rd Qtr
South Sudan 89 : China 69 Fulltime

Last edited:
New Zealand 95 : Jordan 87 after OT

But man, the last clutch 3 + 1 from Jordan force NZ into Overtime......that's something.

Georgia 17 : Slovenia 16 End of 1st Qtr

Slovenia 45 : Georgia 33 Halftime

Slovenia 63 : Georgia 50 End of 3rd Qtr

Slovenia 88 : Georgia 67 Fulltime

Last edited:
USA 23 - Greece 19 End of 1st Qtr

USA 50 - Greece 37 Halftime

USA 109 - Greece 81 Fulltime

Last edited:
Probably covered but Japan beats Finland in yesterday night.
This is some Slamdunk shit as they were led by over 10 pts at the 3rd stage:

Probably covered but Japan beats Finland in yesterday night.
This is some Slamdunk shit as they were led by over 10 pts at the 3rd stage:
did not watch that game, they didn't show all the game here as they are overlapped. ESPN chose to screen France v Latvia which Latvia beaten world number 4 France and kick them out of the tournament. I sort of get why they choose to screen that than Japan v Finland

I watched the highlight, waiting on them to get the replay or "mini" (a 20 minutes condense game) before I will comment on the game. But the thing is, unless Japan can make another miracle and defeat the world number 3 Australian. They will still be going out from group stage. And since Oz loses to Germany, pretty sure the Aussie is going to throw everything at Japan tomorrow.

did not watch that game, they didn't show all the game here as they are overlapped. ESPN chose to screen France v Latvia which Latvia beaten world number 4 France and kick them out of the tournament. I sort of get why they choose to screen that than Japan v Finland

I watched the highlight, waiting on them to get the replay or "mini" (a 20 minutes condense game) before I will comment on the game. But the thing is, unless Japan can make another miracle and defeat the world number 3 Australian. They will still be going out from group stage. And since Oz loses to Germany, pretty sure the Aussie is going to throw everything at Japan tomorrow.
Man, if that is, it is. Japan has never been known to be so good at basketbol (rank 37), the fact they can win against Finland (rank 24) is amazing.

Man, if that is, it is. Japan has never been known to be so good at basketbol (rank 37), the fact they can win against Finland (rank 24) is amazing.
Well, again, I just watched the FIBA J9 highlight, which don't really show anything, so I won't comment on the game, but from what I had already know and what the scoreboard show, both Japan and Finland play on one man, and it seems that Hawkinson (JPN) performed better than Markkanen (FIN) that night, when you have a single player team, it really depends on the star player, I don't think I know anyone on that Finnish team than Markkanen

Again, that's what I think now, as I said, I have not seen any long play footage (you can't tell from the 3 minutes highlight)

Germany 101 - Finland 75

Finland is out. Germany WILL progress into next stage as the leader of the group

Australia 57 : Japan 35 Halftime
Australia 109 : Japan 89 Fulltime

Well, I don't think many people would think Japan can somehow make this miracle and defeat Australia. I would say Japan get as close as they can, it was just pure skill and play that the Japanese is lacking, and that's drawn up the result.

Hawkinson once again are positive efficient and this is a mistake Australia did not block him out, otherwise there are not too much of a game the Japanese played, Tominaga was being shot down 0/10 in 3pt, and the Japan was being forced into 35 point (low scoring) half time. And then 3rd and 4th quarter is basically traded blow and I would say this is not really a good way for Japanese (or any team other than the American) to try to outscore the Australia as Gidley, Cook (which performed very well in this game as well), Mills are all top scorer.

Score are largely unchanged between the Japanese and the Australia and full time Australia ahead by 20 point (with about 90 second rubbish time) and defeated Japan, next Australia will face Slovenia, while Japan is out.

Last edited:
Holy crap, the Assies are good, it's over for Japan.
Nah, they play badly this game. The Aussie should have slowed the game down after halftime instead of having a running competition with the Japanese. That's a mistake they made, I mean sure this is Japan, but if this is a better team and have plenty of scoring and defence ability to cut the defence and make transition play, the Aussie probably will lose this game, but then you can probably argue they did this because they think Japan is not a threat.......

On the other hand, Japan is not really that bad, losing to Australia 20 points is not really a bad outcome, it's just Australia is on the other level, most sport bet have between 25 - 30 points handicap for the Australian.

Nah, they play badly this game. The Aussie should have slowed the game down after halftime instead of having a running competition with the Japanese. That's a mistake they made, I mean sure this is Japan, but if this is a better team and have plenty of scoring and defence ability to cut the defence and make transition play, the Aussie probably will lose this game, but then you can probably argue they did this because they think Japan is not a threat.......

On the other hand, Japan is not really that bad, losing to Australia 20 points is not really a bad outcome, it's just Australia is on the other level, most sport bet have between 25 - 30 points handicap for the Australian.
A loss is a loss.

Still, turns out Japan can still qualify for the 2024 Paris Olympics if China loses against Puerto Rico because they are the only asian team with 1 win.

Back
Top Bottom