What's new

First Official Rendering And Specifications Of Project Azm's MALE UAV

RangeMaster

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated specifications and rendering of Azm's MALE UAV released in PACs latest brochure.

20210823_152620.jpg

20210823_152622.jpg

Credits : PSFAERO Twitter handle

350kg lolllz just useless load .

compare it reaper now

7 hardpoints
  • Up to 1,500 lb (680 kg) on the two inboard weapons stations
  • Up to 750 lb (340 kg) on the two middle stations
  • Up to 150 lb (68 kg) on the outboard stations

compare it reaper now

7 hardpoints
Bhai there was a time we were stuck with tiny payloads of less than 50kg. All in due time, hopefully.

compare it reaper now

7 hardpoints
I agree. Pakistani UAVs should be at least twice as good as the American's.

Pakistan already got Wing Long 2 and CH4 from China. We all overseas Pakistan sending money to Pakistan regularly to make Pakistan Army best in the world. I am constantly searching what UAV Drones and jet fighters , Pakistan is getting near future (2021,2023). Kindly provide info which of following do Pakistan army have now / or making soon / getting soon ??
1-Bayraktar TB2
2- TAI ANKA
Is IAI Heron (redirect from Heron TP drone) superior to above mentioned UAV ?

Last edited:

compare it reaper now

7 hardpoints
Bhai just compare engine of the two UAVs ... our MALE UAV have 200 hp engine Reaper have 900 hp engine ..... difference tu ho ga ....

I’m guessing work is being done on the control systems on the ground as well…

compare it reaper now

7 hardpoints
Totally right but gotta start somewhere.
Pakistan can buy better cheaper version from Turkey and China but developing own projects and own industry will help in long term.

Pakistan needs actually investment in Private sector and institutions which can sponsor these projects at UNI levels and smaller scales.

You need stronger engine, with better fuel efficiency, stronger lighter body, navigation systems which can actually support this.

Reaper vs Anka? Are you joke? They have totally different engine power. Comparing Anka vs Reaper is baseless.

Yes, there were many problems in the first productions in Anka's, but these were overcome one by one over time. We now have full control over everything, including engine and EOTS unit.

The weapon you do not have control over is not yours, you cannot go to war with that type of weapon. Example: Argentina and Iraq.

Updated specifications and rendering of Azm's MALE UAV released in PACs latest brochure.

View attachment 772305
View attachment 772306

Credits : PSFAERO Twitter handle
Here's something I said on another thread:
So it carries 770lb of fuel? (1980+770+770 = 3520).

Seeing it'll carry 770lb payload which includes an EO/IR turret plus armament it has 770lbs left for fuel.

Now I don't want to be sound pessimistic, but a 200hp engine, with 770lb of fuel is not going to last very long (considering the leading engine in 200hp-215hp category (Lycoming IO-390) burns fuel at around 13 GPH at around 75% power and 10 GPH at around 55% power) and a gallon of fuel weighs around 6lbs so if my math is right, at an average of 55% power during a mission, it has somewhere around 12 hours of mission endurance (that includes the whole take off and landing). Which isn't really that great if you compare it with other drones, but hey if we're building them here, and building them cheap, it's better than nothing.
BTW a Predator manages manages 24 hours off 870lbs of fuel with a smaller, more efficient Rotax 914 engine (albeit in a different configuration).

This is just my deduction from bits of information I found over the net, and based almost entirely on assumptions.

compare it reaper now

7 hardpoints
Different categories altogether, Reaper has a much much more powerful engine than our 200hp drone.
It's in a different league altogether, and costs as much as a JF-17.

Reaper vs Anka? Are you joke? They have totally different engine power. Comparing Anka vs Reaper is baseless.

Yes, there were many problems in the first productions in Anka's, but these were overcome one by one over time. We now have full control over everything, including engine and EOTS unit.

The weapon you do not have control over is not yours, you cannot go to war with that type of weapon. Example: Argentina and Iraq.
He was not talking about ANKA but Pakistan's indigenous MALE class UAV which is underdevelopment

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom