What's new

Greek/Hellenic Armed Forces Thread - Pictures, News Articles and Discussions on all Greek/Hellenic Military Affairs.

Let me repeat: the Greek FDIs in relation to the French ones, have a separate compartment as well as cabling channels to quickly install the ECM.
I'm still a bit confused. Defence Review says they were told by the French that Thales is working for a new ECM for the FDI that will be ready by 2025.

On the other hand,Ptisi still hasn't mentioned anything about it and they say that the Greek Navy hasn't asked for an ECM so far and there's no deal about it etc.

It's seems so weird.

I'm still a bit confused. Defence Review says they were told by the French that Thales is working for a new ECM for the FDI that will be ready by 2025.

On the other hand,Ptisi still hasn't mentioned anything about it and they say that the Greek Navy hasn't asked for an ECM so far and there's no deal about it etc.

It's seems so weird.
I stand by what Naval has been saying since the first day, that is, Greek FDI will have an ECM.
That there is a rivalry between the two Greek defense media is well known.

I'll add one more thing: Defence Review speaks of a positive evaluation of the Air Force regarding the possible acquisition of new AW-139 for SAR/CSAR operations. Ptisi After my relevant observation, denies that there is such an evaluation.After all, who is right?

I stand by what Naval has been saying since the first day, that is, Greek FDI will have an ECM.
That there is a rivalry between the two Greek defense media is well known.

I'll add one more thing: Defence Review speaks of a positive evaluation of the Air Force regarding the possible acquisition of new AW-139 for SAR/CSAR operations. Ptisi After my relevant observation, denies that there is such an evaluation.After all, who is right?
It makes no sense that the French would not make a new ECM for the FDI and for their own navy as well.

As for the AW-139,it's weird that Ptisi doesn't even talk about it and keep mentioning the Black Hawk.

That's why the comments on Defence Review are making fun of Ptisi and accusing them of being pro-American.

The problem is that Defence Review and most of the people who comment under each article there,are fanatically pro-French to a ridiculous degree 😂

The Hellenic Army is interested in purchasing 800 M2 Bradleys in total.

= Bull Shit.

Yes is it the lowest fuel carrier fighter jet between the F-16, F/A-18 and Su-35 which gobbles them all combined. Don't believe me? It'll take me time to find the video that states that and I'll post it.

That doesn't dimmish the Rafale's lethality otherwise there wouldn't be a waiting line for it. Still a magnificent aircraft capable of wreaking havoc on the F-35.

No news. It's a cold case.

Too bad.

No. No plan to integrate it on M2000.
3 reasons : cost of integration, not to create an alternative to the Rafale, M2000 radar range not appropriate (even the -5 and -5 mk2 models).

No, the Greeks were talking about integrating them on their Mirage 2000s to make them more lethal since they have a good 42+- of them and might as well upgrade them to fire the greatest A-A missile out there, especially when the AIM-260 is on its way.

vettes ???

Yes, Egypt bought 4 Corvettes with one built in Egypt and wanted more but something happened like a temper tantrum in France (because of the damned Jews who scare you to piss your pants which I could never understand, just tell them to go to hell you don't owe then anything!) that you were not invited to the inauguration of the final ship in Alexandria. Hope things have cooled down and you will fulfill your order for the additional 30 Rafale f4,1 standard with at least 500 meteors and the new 1000kg HAMMER & MICA NG and stop being so chicken scared from the stupid Israelis who threaten you all the time. Even Germany has given them the middle finger and told them to suck on it and sold us the potent 4 Type 2 German submarines. Let's see how you French handle such mandhood. Hopefully the same way or better.

Remember well. Egypt was the FIRST to acquire the then potent Mirage 2000 which opened the gates for Dassault wide open. Egypt did the same with the Rafale which couldn't give them way for free until Egypt bought 24 of them and showcased them to the world and now there is a waiting list for them, including India shortly when they couldn't strike an original deal. Think of the importance of Egypt and make sure the meteors AND NG MICA is included is LARGE numbers.

Yes is it the lowest fuel carrier fighter jet between the F-16, F/A-18 and Su-35 which gobbles them all combined. Don't believe me? It'll take me time to find the video that states that and I'll post it.

That doesn't dimmish the Rafale's lethality otherwise there wouldn't be a waiting line for it. Still a magnificent aircraft capable of wreaking havoc on the F-35.

Too bad.

No, the Greeks were talking about integrating them on their Mirage 2000s to make them more lethal since they have a good 42+- of them and might as well upgrade them to fire the greatest A-A missile out there, especially when the AIM-260 is on its way.

Yes, Egypt bought 4 Corvettes with one built in Egypt and wanted more but something happened like a temper tantrum in France (because of the damned Jews who scare you to piss your pants which I could never understand, just tell them to go to hell you don't owe then anything!) that you were not invited to the inauguration of the final ship in Alexandria. Hope things have cooled down and you will fulfill your order for the additional 30 Rafale f4,1 standard with at least 500 meteors and the new 1000kg HAMMER & MICA NG and stop being so chicken scared from the stupid Israelis who threaten you all the time. Even Germany has given them the middle finger and told them to suck on it and sold us the potent 4 Type 2 German submarines. Let's see how you French handle such mandhood. Hopefully the same way or better.

Remember well. Egypt was the FIRST to acquire the then potent Mirage 2000 which opened the gates for Dassault wide open. Egypt did the same with the Rafale which couldn't give them way for free until Egypt bought 24 of them and showcased them to the world and now there is a waiting list for them, including India shortly when they couldn't strike an original deal. Think of the importance of Egypt and make sure the meteors AND NG MICA is included is LARGE numbers.
And while the other side is talking about big stuff like cheap unmanned fighter jets and superweapons with missiles that have longer range than American,European and Russian ones,indigenous 5th generation fighter jets and new UCAVs...we received the 15th Rafale F3R and are getting the 8th F-16V.

We do need to get new AA systems though and replace the Russian ones,as well as the HAWK.

Mice combo fleet capped woth 43 Mirage 2Ks,
FyITi3eXoAEoVF8

And no.
Greece and UAE may have been interested, no such R&D dev were made on this for the reasons alredy explained : too short market and an emphasis on Rafale.

Hope things have cooled down and you will fulfill your order for the additional 30 Rafale f4,1 standard with at least 500 meteors and the new 1000kg HAMMER & MICA NG
? Have you a source about these 30 birds standard?
I'm quite sure there will be no Meteor delivered, but MICA NG.
1000kg Hammer : why not indeed.

stop being so chicken scared from the stupid Israelis who threaten you all the time.
We have no link with Israel about weapons delivery.
Now that they are fully US dependant, you can be sure that their claims are of no signification for us.

The Greek Army has chosen Safran Electronics & Defense to upgrade the Greek army’s drone fleet, with four new Patroller tactical drones to be added to the country’s current Sperwer drones. NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) was tasked by its Greek customer to enter into negotiations with Safran.

The Patroller leverages over 30 years of technological breakthroughs within Safran Electronics & Defense in the field of tactical drone systems specializing in navigation systems, onboard electronics and optronics. Building on this extensive expertise, Safran develops in France top-flight solutions for mission planning and execution, flight control, navigation, sensors, data links and integration in C4ISR* architectures.

From left to right : Mr Paul Vassy, Senior Sales Manager, UAS Sales Department, Defense Division, Safran Electronics & Defense / Mr Jean-Christophe Mugler, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, Defense Division, Safran Electronics & Defense / Mr Franck Saudo, CEO of Safran Electronics & Defense / Ms Stacy Cummings, General Manager – NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) : Mr James Cooper, Senior Officer to the General Manager – NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA)

The Patroller is fitted with multiple sensors for intelligence missions on behalf of armies and homeland security forces. Featuring a number of innovative technologies, Patroller benefits from the expertise acquired by Safran Electronics & Defense on the Sperwer tactical drone system, while incorporating feedback from nine years of continuous deployment in Afghanistan.

In February 2023, Patroller became the first tactical drone system to be officially certified to NATO airworthiness standard STANAG 4671, applicable to fixed-wing drones weighing more than 150 kilograms. This certification is a vital prerequisite for protection and homeland security missions.

Mr Franck Saudo, CEO of Safran Electronics & Defense / Ms Stacy Cummings, General Manager – NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA)

This latest selection, in continuity with Sperwer in service today, and the addition of Patroller to the NATO offers confirm Safran Electronics & Defense’s European leadership in tactical drones. Patroller offers unrivaled versatility, ranging from support for land forces to maritime and border monitoring, enabling it to perform a wide variety of surveillance missions
C4ISR* : Command, Control, Communications, Computers - Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance

SDT Patroller from Safran Electronics & Defense

The Greek Army has chosen Safran Electronics & Defense to upgrade the Greek army’s drone fleet, with four new Patroller tactical drones to be added to the country’s current Sperwer drones. NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) was tasked by its Greek customer to enter into negotiations with Safran.

The Patroller leverages over 30 years of technological breakthroughs within Safran Electronics & Defense in the field of tactical drone systems specializing in navigation systems, onboard electronics and optronics. Building on this extensive expertise, Safran develops in France top-flight solutions for mission planning and execution, flight control, navigation, sensors, data links and integration in C4ISR* architectures.

From left to right : Mr Paul Vassy, Senior Sales Manager, UAS Sales Department, Defense Division, Safran Electronics & Defense / Mr Jean-Christophe Mugler, Senior VP, Sales & Marketing, Defense Division, Safran Electronics & Defense / Mr Franck Saudo, CEO of Safran Electronics & Defense / Ms Stacy Cummings, General Manager – NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA) : Mr James Cooper, Senior Officer to the General Manager – NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA)

The Patroller is fitted with multiple sensors for intelligence missions on behalf of armies and homeland security forces. Featuring a number of innovative technologies, Patroller benefits from the expertise acquired by Safran Electronics & Defense on the Sperwer tactical drone system, while incorporating feedback from nine years of continuous deployment in Afghanistan.

In February 2023, Patroller became the first tactical drone system to be officially certified to NATO airworthiness standard STANAG 4671, applicable to fixed-wing drones weighing more than 150 kilograms. This certification is a vital prerequisite for protection and homeland security missions.

Mr Franck Saudo, CEO of Safran Electronics & Defense / Ms Stacy Cummings, General Manager – NATO Support and Procurement Agency (NSPA)

This latest selection, in continuity with Sperwer in service today, and the addition of Patroller to the NATO offers confirm Safran Electronics & Defense’s European leadership in tactical drones. Patroller offers unrivaled versatility, ranging from support for land forces to maritime and border monitoring, enabling it to perform a wide variety of surveillance missions
C4ISR* : Command, Control, Communications, Computers - Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance

SDT Patroller from Safran Electronics & Defense

More and more links between french and greek forces. A good move far all of us against a war friendly Erdogan's turkey.

More and more links between french and greek forces. A good move far all of us against a war friendly Erdogan's turkey.
Ah oui and I would love some Leclerc too actually and Philoctetes,but...

France is so slow ..Where is BELHARRA Frigate ?
The First ISTIF class Frigate enter service in 2023 and 3 more ISTIF Frigates will enter service at the same time in 2026

FzNsg9LXgAQ1xw6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom