What's new

Iran and Russia to co-op in shipbuilding, aviation & automobile

Iran and Russia to co-op in shipbuilding, aviation & automobile

1661253072362.png

Fatemi Amin made the remarks while speaking to reporters upon his arrival in Moscow.

He travelled to Russia with the aim of participating in the Russian automobile exhibition and signing economic MoUs.

He said that the relations between Iran and Russia have been growing, and this growth is more evident in the last year and has entered a new phase.

Referring to the start of exporting gas turbines and technological products to Russia, he announced the possibility of signing economic memoranda in Russia.

Several issues will be pursued during this trip, the most important of which is the start of joint cooperation in the field of shipbuilding, aviation, and automotive industries, he added.

He also pointed to the presence of 50 Iranian companies in MIMS Automobility Moscow, saying that the grounds have been paved for starting joint cooperation between Iranian and Russian companies that are active in this field.

He stated that two Iranian cars "Tara" and "Shahin" will be showcased in MIMS Automobility Moscow.

The Al-31 engine Iran appears to be working on a reverse-engineered version of. It may well power Iran's upcoming domestic heavy fighter.
there won't be an al-31 engine , they said a heavy turbofan engine and i bet it will be something heavily influenced by TF-30 or perhaps RD-33 we never had access to AL-31but we had access to those engine
Su 35 last heared they have ordered along side S 400 what happened to that deal and what further naval ships and weapons iran possible be interested to buy from turkey
never ordered any s-400 , why order the s400 while or bavar is better than s-300 and in some metric better than s-400 and defense ministry said they soon unveil the next generation bavar that will be better than s-400
the su-35 deal just was wish of some fanboy , and no deal was made about it

No, but there is nuance in, russia is not you friend either you simply share some common interests in the moment, they show their double face in syria which ally/friend allows and tolerate constant attacks on your assets and to be blunt i consider russia also part as zionist block right now out of the control but still. if you look on settlers structure in modern time russian contribution is significant and they did not at any moment discouraged their citizens to occupy palestinian lands or severed ties with israel because of it.
so, i understand real politic and lesser evil thing and all i said that should not be to enthusiastic about it as the things changed fundamentally.

I know and we appreciate it, also i am fully aware that we did some things because of those you could forget on us completely but you understood context broadly and did not happen.

that will not happen, we are one of the rare muslim communities which is above that narrative due long time existential threat and we actually suffer because all this sunni/shia divergence and disunity among muslims, so we will not add any more fuel to the fire for sure.

understand that, you shoud juice that opportunity as much as you could but not falling in their orbit doing so.

regarding ukraina, honestly i support their fight on principle level, imagine hypotetical scenario that turkyie is in position of russia with all their attributes and iran is like ukraina and they start to mess with azeris and encourage them to separate from iran without really valid justification and against established international norms, you are smart enough to conclude that is not the right thing,
on the other hand that does not mean that i should not be bothered by double standards and lack of honesty in day by day approach and what particulary bothers me is their tolerance and support for putin allies in balkan and in my state while they add gasoline in ukraina, i mean, if the russia is the enemy show consistence out of the ukraina to if you want to be credible and trustworthy.
Why shouldn't we be enthusiastic about doing deals that better our people? You may have had bad experience with soviet union and dislike Russians, but we Iranians know how to differentiate between Tsarist, Soviet and Russian Federation. If you notice Iran is very cautious with Russia since the deals have been very slow despite there being no UN arms embargo on Iran. Iran is cautious but that doesnt mean we should be miserable all the time even when a deal goes through.

Regarding Ukraine, as a Muslim you need to stand up for justice. Therefore you can not ignore the discrimination and violence ethnic Russians were enduring since 2014 and that Russia had every right to protect its people on its border. Yes war is not fun, but after failed overtures of negotiations and reneging of deals, then conflicts tend to happen. Now, If Iran was oppressing Azeris then I would expect Turks to do something, that's how Allah works he checks one power with another to stop corruption and oppression...so it was false equivocation bringing up Azeris to describe Russia-Ukraine war. Again i think your dislike for Russia is clouding your judgement.

I would like to only to add something on this as i think little bit differently, in my eyes that could serve only as stop gap measure to tolerate it from irainian perspective but for me it has other meaning, it is clear indicator that russia plays their own game and will not jeopardize israel in any determining way, even now when they are ditched and ostrasized by west,
anyway, your persisting principles and policy towards is something to respect altough i do not agree with every step you did and i think it will not bear fruits until gulf arabs and iran resolve disputes and align accordingly, from current conditions, i am not optimistic.
If keeping a malign and racist zionist state as an enemy means not being close allies with Arabs, then so be it. Just because theyre Arabs doesn't mean we should follow everything they do. They dont even follow Islam properly anymore and are going towards International Law at the expense of Quran and Sunnah. Alhamdulillah, Dubai and Qatar are seeing through this and still see the need to be cordial with an Iran who is at war with Israel.

And if it'll be influenced by RD-33, that would be of Russian origin as well.
well i be more glad if its influenced by RD-33 as its more in line with what i believe Iran air-force must look into. (but honestly i believe Iran first will produce something in line of FJ-44)
I believe future of iran air force is not a big airplane like F-14, F-15 or any Flanker, its more in line of a Light/Medium fighters TF-30 is more than 6m long, AL-31 about 5m without afterburner and longer with it . while RD-33 is 4.2m long and a lot more suitable for light/ medium fighter far more in line with f404-ge-100 that used in f-20 and was 3,9m long. if 30 we can use one in Kowsar instead of the owj and solve many of the problem with the fighter. even one RD-33 without afterburner can provide more than 25% power than two j-85 with after burner. that is enough to make kowsar capable of supercruising while consume less than the amount of fuel that it use while using two j-85 without afterburner and that will solve many problem with the fighter endurance and the additional power will solve its attack angle and speed and make it possible for it to not loose energy when doing complicated maneuver.

so if you think my problem with the news is Russian origin of AL-31 you are very much wrong on that . my problem is the news imply iran want to omit many steps between Jahesh-700 and AL-31 , that only means trouble

well i be more glad if its influenced by RD-33 as its more in line with what i believe Iran air-force must look into. (but honestly i believe Iran first will produce something in line of FJ-44)
I believe future of iran air force is not a big airplane like F-14, F-15 or any Flanker, its more in line of a Light/Medium fighters TF-30 is more than 6m long, AL-31 about 5m without afterburner and longer with it . while RD-33 is 4.2m long and a lot more suitable for light/ medium fighter far more in line with f404-ge-100 that used in f-20 and was 3,9m long. if 30 we can use one in Kowsar instead of the owj and solve many of the problem with the fighter. even one RD-33 without afterburner can provide more than 25% power than two j-85 with after burner. that is enough to make kowsar capable of supercruising while consume less than the amount of fuel that it use while using two j-85 without afterburner and that will solve many problem with the fighter endurance and the additional power will solve its attack angle and speed and make it possible for it to not loose energy when doing complicated maneuver.

AL-31 powered Kowsar-I = Mirage-2000-9 equivalent.

AL-31 powered Kowsar-II with AESA FCR and e-warfare suite = 4+ generation

Timeline fits well too btw with kowsar-I program finalizing in 2026-2028 and the next generation Saegheh-Kowsar with local AL-31 picking up from there.

so if you think my problem with the news is Russian origin of AL-31 you are very much wrong on that . my problem is the news imply iran want to omit many steps between Jahesh-700 and AL-31 , that only means trouble

Jashesh-700 Turbofan was never intended to be for fighters. It will or already powers Shahed wing or future wingmen.

AL-31 powered Kowsar-I = Mirage-2000-9 equivalent.

AL-31 powered Kowsar-II with AESA FCR and e-warfare suite = 4+ generation

Timeline fits well too btw with kowsar-I program finalizing in 2026-2028 and the next generation Saegheh-Kowsar with local AL-31 picking up from there.

Jashesh-700 Turbofan was never intended to be for fighters. It will or already powers Shahed wing or future wingmen.
al-31 is a little big for kowsar , without a redesign it can't fit inside kowsar also remain the problem of fuel consumption its less efficient than RD-33
AL-31: 0.790 lb/lbf/h
RD-33: 0.77 lb/(lbf·h)
put that and the higher power it produce
AL-31: 19,400 lbf
RD-33: 11,230 lbf

you put that inside Kowsar , it gonna eat all the fuel inside airplane in no time
a kowsar with RD-33 use 3922kg of fuel / h with military thrust
a kowsar with AL-31 use 6952kg of fuel /h with military thrust
a kowsar with 2 x j-85 use 4049kg of fuel /h with military thrust

the difference here is RD-33 without afterburner can provide 15% more power than 2x J-85 with afterburner and thats old RD-33 , RD-33mk or ws-13 which both are optamized RD-33 provide 10% more power

Last edited:
so if you think my problem with the news is Russian origin of AL-31 you are very much wrong on that .

I did not comment on this. Seeing how I was asked to provide an example of an Iranian air force project based on Russian technology, I obliged. We could add this isn't just any example, but actually one of the most decisive elements in a fighter jet design namely its engine, around which much of the rest revolves, not to mention the technologically most challenging element of any domestic aicraft Iran will be working on.

Last edited:
I did not comment on this. Seeing how I was asked to provide an example of an Iranian air force project based on Russian technology, I obliged. We could add this isn't just any example, but actually one of the most decisive elements in a fighter jet design namely its engine, around which much of the rest revolves, not to mention the technologically most challenging element any domestic aicraft Iran will be working on.
:-) we still don't knew . maybe air force in accordance with its tradition of tasteless decision have decided to reverse engineer TF-30.
then we will have a 6.10cm engine that at military thrust provide 14,560 lbf and more than 4400kg/h of fuel . but have compressor failure problem if that nasty problem don't get answered

Last edited:
al-31 is a little big for kowsar , without a redesign it can't fit inside kowsar also remain the problem of fuel consumption its less efficient than RD-33
AL-31: 0.790 lb/lbf/h
RD-33: 0.77 lb/(lbf·h)
put that and the higher power it produce
AL-31: 19,400 lbf
RD-33: 11,230 lbf

you put that inside Kowsar , it gonna eat all the fuel inside airplane in no time
a kowsar with RD-33 use 3922kg of fuel / h with military thrust
a kowsar with AL-31 use 6952kg of fuel /h with military thrust
a kowsar with 2 x j-85 use 4049kg of fuel /h with military thrust

the difference here is RD-33 without afterburner can provide 15% more power than 2x J-85 with afterburner and thats old RD-33 , RD-33mk or ws-13 which both are optamized RD-33 provide 10% more power

I was myself hoping for RD-33MK if you read my posts in IRIAF I have always said that this is the turbofan to get into Iran with TOT.

Where did you get this figure of 6952 KG/h consumption rate of AL-31?

If they are installing AL-31 on an F-5 then I believe the rear section of the plane will have to be enlarged to accommodate the AL-31 and probably the air intakes will have to be enlarged too. Additional CFTs will have to installed to provide additional fuel.

I guess what we have been discussing on the Kowsar thread is finally coming true. A larger Saegheh/Kowsar with a powerful engine, CFTs, and avionics. If it carries 4 x CCD guided Azaraksh, it will be a proper 4+ generation interceptor in the sky.

Iranian and Russian cooperation a sort of like British and American cooperation in WW2. It's pretty strong ties due to bullying by Yanks.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom