What's new

Pakistan Air Force prepares for arrival of final Block II JF-17 and JF-17B fighter aircraft

In other thread aerodynamics of suspected Block-3 is quite change, especially nose of the jet and block-3 is based on JF-17B as per various senior/professional members on PDF, which clearly have a different nose then standard JF-17 @Keysersoze
as i said block-3 is based on JF-17B, nose is one thing, vertical tail is swept back, more wing area, spine is also different etc etc @Keysersoze

Honestly, AFAIK there is no change in the radome's size between the A and the B. At least I did not read any reliable report and even more have any clear photographic proof. These are by my understanding all wishes one reported and being picked up and reposted by others. You cannot simply change the radome's size without changing the whole forward fuselage and as reported both models share the same production line.

Please share one of these reliable sources You have in mind which say so?!

Also, again via all reliable info I have especially via reliable members here: the Block 3 will NOT look like a JF-17B, it will NOT have the swept-back tail and the spine.

I'm sure, that most of the ones who are eagerly awaiting big changes, major differences between the Blocks 3 & 3 will be disappointed and most fan boys won't notice the real differences at first sight.

Honestly, AFAIK there is no change in the radome's size between the A and the B. At least I did not read any reliable report and even more have any clear photographic proof. These are by my understanding all wishes one reported and being picked up and reposted by others. You cannot simply change the radome's size without changing the whole forward fuselage and as reported both models share the same production line.

Also, again via all reliable info I have especially via reliable members here: the Block 3 will NOT look like a JF-17B, it will NOT have the swept-back tail and the spine.

I'm sure, that most of the ones who are eagerly awaiting big changes, major differences between the Blocks 3 & 3 will be disappointed and most fan boys won't notice the real differences at first sight.
may be radome has not externally change but internally has more volume, various members quoted this block-3 based on JF-17B (twin seater) which have all those changes according to them @Deino sir

I would be disappointed. I am hoping for a Gripen like evolution [emoji41]

I am more excited about what block III will be carrying rather than how it will look :)

Pakistan is blessed to have started this jf17 project and now it's bearing fruits. Once the jf17 block 3 is in our skies then Pakistan should start the project AZM and begin the 5th generation plane. Many people on here say Pakistan will start it on its own but reality is it will be another jf17 like project.

I would be disappointed. I am hoping for a Gripen like evolution
emoji41.png
Not in the timeframe between the blocks
I am more excited about what block III will be carrying rather than how it will look :)
And that is the point....people get too wrapped up in photoshop images..

Sq. L. Mohammad Hussain's JF-17.
A bird hit, he ejected but the seat didn't work and parachute didn't open.
(Sadly) he embraced shahadat.
It was due to structural failure of the aircraft because of which the whole fleet was grounded.

It was due to structural failure of the aircraft because of which the whole fleet was grounded.

Nooooooooo.

It was a bird hit and was discussed in detail in PDF in thread.
Sq. L Hussain carried took the plane out of the populated area and ejected after directing the jet to crash over a hill.
Unfortunately, his seat malfunctioned and did not separate from the parachute.
It was discussed that, at that time, PAF was using British seats in JF-17

There have been only two JF-17 crashes so far. This one you mentioned is the first JF-17 crash. The pilot is said to have ejected into the ground while his aircraft was inverted (S.No 10-127) not that his seat malfuntioned. I was asking you about the third crash. The second one is known to have been a JF-17 that crashed in the Arabian Sea on 9/27/2016 during High Mark exercises, though there has been no confirmation of the type of aircraft by PAF.

Besides these two, can you tell us what third crash I am missing?

There have been only two JF-17 crashes so far. This one you mentioned is the first JF-17 crash. The pilot is said to have ejected into the ground while his aircraft was inverted (S.No 10-127) not that his seat malfuntioned. I was asking you about the third crash. The second one is known to have been a JF-17 that crashed in the Arabian Sea on 9/27/2016 during High Mark exercises, though there has been no confirmation of the type of aircraft by PAF.

Besides these two, can you tell us what third crash I am missing?

None else that I know

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom