What's new

Pakistan Air Force to receive first 12 JF-17B combat aircraft ‘in near future’

This question may sound stupid to professionals, but I'm really confused. Why dual-seat is an upgrade to single-seat? Isn't single-seat lighter and therefore more agile?
It is...but dual seat offers fighter conversion training & EW growler & prowler capabilities via the dedicated operator in the backseat while the front pilot concentrates on flying...

This question may sound stupid to professionals, but I'm really confused. Why dual-seat is an upgrade to single-seat? Isn't single-seat lighter and therefore more agile?
A 2 seater jet can be re-purposed for electronic warfare as well.... the pilot does the flying, navigating etc and the 2nd seater focuses on jamming enemy radars etc. In a single seater jet it might put too much load on the pilot to do everything by themselves.

It is...but dual seat offers fighter conversion training & EW growler & prowler capabilities via the dedicated operator in the backseat while the front pilot concentrates on flying...
A 2 seater jet can be re-purposed for electronic warfare as well.... the pilot does the flying, navigating etc and the 2nd seater focuses on jamming enemy radars etc. In a single seater jet it might put too much load on the pilot to do everything by themselves.
Thank you very much.

Hi,

Agility is necessary but not on the TOP of the list anymore---. EW suite is----Jamming equipment is---better situational awareness equipment is---.

4 eyes are better than two---. The back seater gets a free hand on keeping an eye on situational awareness---. In a sortie of 4 5 or 6 aircraft---one of them being a two seater can have overall control over the mission thru data link over other aircraft---.

The other aircraft can fly in a dormant electronic mode and the two seater can direct and target the weapons without activating the radars of the other aircraft thru data link---.

Like one of the touted role of the F35 is o fly in as close to the enemy assets to be targeted---and then thru data link use and target the weapons being carried on the strike aircraft behind of it at the enemy assets---.

So standoff weapons can be launched from 250 miles away from the enemy target and the enemy won't even know if there are weapons coming in for the strike---. Two seater would be playing a pivotal role in the coming war---.

https://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17B-Thunder/2723

Photo-2723.jpg

18 JF17 Block II model squadron picture is highly awaited item

Love those induction ceremonies we need to put more effort in those

Last edited:
18 JF18 Block II model squadron picture is highly awaited item

Expected induction ?

Besides being a EW Growler, what other roles do we see ? ground attacks or mini C&C

Expected induction ?

Besides being a EW Growler, what other roles do we see ? ground attacks or mini C&C

Since when is the Block 2 JF-17B an "EW Growler"?? I know this is discussed since some time but a given proof so far was not found.

Since when is the Block 2 JF-17B an "EW Growler"?? I know this is discussed since some time but a given proof so far was not found.

There is none! However i can see the JF-17B being equipped with the H series of SOW's since they require man in the loop guidance

There is none! However i can see the JF-17B being equipped with the H series of SOW's since they require man in the loop guidance
How can you say that? Seniors discussed this last year. This was under testing along with AESA radar. Probably was used on 27th

thats sucks.. whats the limitng factor that wont make JF17b a growler, link to discussion

18 JF18 Block II model squadron picture is highly awaited item

Agreed

Now lets have 8 x JF17A Block III with IFR in between the two JF17B Flanks how amazing photo that would be

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom