What's new

Pakistan Navy interested in J-11Bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAF can even get J-20, but not J-11B/BS. SAC never sell its planes
PAF will NOT get J-20. I don't know where you get that notion from. Otherwise they wouldn't be offered with J-2X from CAC with reduced capabilities.

PAF will NOT get J-20. I don't know where you get that notion from. Otherwise they wouldn't be offered with J-2X from CAC with reduced capabilities.

I wudn't be so sure because it's a top level decision. Who knows?

I wudn't be so sure because it's a top level decision. Who knows?

J-20 would be one expensive bird to maintain with an airforce that is crash strapped. Not that we would complain if we induct J-20 but it seems highly unlikely. I believe S-10 is right, other wise no point in developing J-2x.

J-20 would be one expensive bird to maintain with an airforce that is crash strapped. Not that we would complain if we induct J-20 but it seems highly unlikely. I believe S-10 is right, other wise no point in developing J-2x.

Crash strapped?

I think you meant cash strapped

Hope Pakistan continuing buying and buying even more jets. :)

j-20 is twin negine..expensive to buy and even more expensive to maintain..i dont think so paf will go for it anyway..it would seek a single engine jet..
thats why j-2x is being offered and if finical are ok PAF will go for it..but i think PAF will be serious only after it completes its current prog at 2015 and will expect to induct these by 2025 just when india will be increasing its arsenal of 5th gen

so the air wing is to be set up to defend the surface fleet from airborne thread and you rightly suggest that the F-16 and JFT MigHT come into play in such a role but it will be a 50/50 gambel.
my point is let thake the positive 50% from above equation and build up a strong fleet first. then we can go and set up an air wing. i mean it is not really proactical to get arond 30 jet to defend 4 frigates.
however, this is completely my personal point of view and the facts might be otherway arond. i hope you will understand what i meant to say.

well said. the navy should first get at least

14 to 16 frigates, 12 subs, 4 corvettes, at least 20 missile boats. then we can think of buying 4 squadron of j11 or j15.. also jh7 upgraded avonics would be a great addition for naval role an will also be cheaper if we cant afford j11.
http://www.****************/pictures/jh-7-china/p15156-jh-7people-27s-liberation-army-air-force.html

J-11B with no aircraft carrier, its just fighter jets for there navy but they have to take off from bases and not ships, nonetheless J-11B should add some beef to there navy but rest assured our leaders have already countered with the tenders going out for dozens of carrier capable fighters like naval LCA, MiG-29K, super hornet, Rafale, EFT (navy) to beef up force strength and to well army the 3 future carriers Vikramaditya, Vikrant, Vishal, and maybe even Viraat in the meantime since sea harriers will be retired

If they are on soft loans, great news. If not, the opportunity costs are worrying.

j-20 is twin negine..expensive to buy and even more expensive to maintain..i dont think so paf will go for it anyway..it would seek a single engine jet..
thats why j-2x is being offered and if finical are ok PAF will go for it..but i think PAF will be serious only after it completes its current prog at 2015 and will expect to induct these by 2025 just when india will be increasing its arsenal of 5th gen

How many engines does J-11B have ?

If PAF cannot maintain twin engine, how can PN afford to do it with the least possible budget ?

Or perhaps China is actually helping Pakistan develop it's own version of J-11b known as J-11x that will have only 1 engine, better performance, fuel efficiency (because it's 1 engine less), and reduced RCS (almost 5th gen)

How many engines does J-11B have ?

If PAF cannot maintain twin engine, how can PN afford to do it with the least possible budget ?

Or perhaps China is actually helping Pakistan develop it's own version of J-11b known as J-11x that will have only 1 engine, better performance, fuel efficiency (because it's 1 engine less), and reduced RCS (almost 5th gen)

We have had and mantained twin engine aircraft such as A-5 nothing new... and as per my thinking PN was in talk about J-11 no soild source of info or deal as of yet to my knowledge if their is then great hope we do get a few SQ's for the navy simple as that. You guys always talk about budget stop worrying about what we can afford or not Pakistan does buy arms so it has the funds for it.We shall have to see what happens with the J-11 news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom