What's new

Pakistan's Energy & Water - News and Updates

i heard the gov is working on a wind power project...?

actually we had several projects of around 12,000MW of electricity from coal energy but most of them have been abondoned or postponed due to lack of foreign investment, resources or techincal reasons.

Now we have only few proposed projects remaining and i sincerely hope they finally they start utilizing our coal.

Whenever we read the news like MOU being signed or the project soon going to be started.......... most of them are cancelled before even starting :angry:

The only reason is the already established cartel producing electricity through oil & gas won't let it happen as it will slowly put them out of business. We have huge hydel power generation capacity and huge coal based power generation capacity and there is no shortage of investment and technical issues, the only issue is people inside pakistan with vested interest don't want it to let happen.

we have huge solar, wind power, coal & hydel power generation capacity making us self sufficient for decades rather centuries to come, all it is wanted a leadership which can take the initiative and make us free of these cartels ruining the lives of ordinary pakistani people.

That is a great news, i was waiting for this to happen, better late then never

actually we had several projects of around 12,000MW of electricity from coal energy but most of them have been abondoned or postponed due to lack of foreign investment, resources or techincal reasons.

Now we have only few proposed projects remaining and i sincerely hope they finally they start utilizing our coal.

Whenever we read the news like MOU being signed or the project soon going to be started.......... most of them are cancelled before even starting :angry:

The coal ur talking about contains high level of moisture. So it is uneconomical and also harmful to environment.

The imported coal should be best option.

BTW, government should opt for Ultra Mega Power Plants.

The coal ur talking about contains high level of moisture. So it is uneconomical and also harmful to environment.

I think there are ways to dry the high moisture coal and think it would be best for Pakistan to look for ways to utilize Thar Coals than to depend on imported Coal/Gas.
I came accross this article its a nice read and I think there are ways to dry the coal in cost effective way now.
http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/News-coal-drying-extracts-more-energy-031510.aspx?xmlmenuid=51

wherz the $$$$ ? ..... first the state is to be cleared off terrorists and other disruptive forces...to get foreign investment..

Fine but we should need same more step to grip on the shortage of power.:pakistan:

wherz the $$$$ ? ..... first the state is to be cleared off terrorists and other disruptive forces...to get foreign investment..

As usual Indian trolls telling us where is the money? Seriously why dont you guys just come up with a better argument rather then beating around the same bush, or is it because you guys have ran out of arguments these days against Pakistan.:disagree:

The only reason is the already established cartel producing electricity through oil & gas won't let it happen as it will slowly put them out of business. We have huge hydel power generation capacity and huge coal based power generation capacity and there is no shortage of investment and technical issues, the only issue is people inside pakistan with vested interest don't want it to let happen.

we have huge solar, wind power, coal & hydel power generation capacity making us self sufficient for decades rather centuries to come, all it is wanted a leadership which can take the initiative and make us free of these cartels ruining the lives of ordinary pakistani people.

well i can partially agree with that but i can remember several projects being cancelled due to Lack of infrastructure in thar deserts and the heavy machinery. I remember there was an MOU signed between Private Chinese company i think that later on stepped back saying there is no infrastructure like roads in that thar area and they will have to import heavy machineries from China due to non availability of such machines in Pakistan and that is almost impossible because of poor roads/infrastructure and resources and the federal government was not willing to co-operate because of lack of funds. Until these issues are not resolved it is going to be difficuilt for us to utilize Coal resources.

21st century Sir....... the technology is available to utilize the very same coal and generate electricity. Dr Samar Mubarakmand even presented a different idea that we will dig like 100-200 feets and plant something inside i can't remember and use coal as a Gas :woot: so that we can utilize this coal into different other projects too

oh well you don't require $$$ if you have such natural resources in your country. International Private companies bring the $$$ in their bags and start putting in such a profitable places. There has been desires and many projects signed with International companies to improve the infrastructure of thar deserts and then utilize this coal to generate electricity and also export it.

In fact we have already started exporting coal from Thar but in a very low volume as of now (to china) and every year the export target is increasing since the infrastructure is improving every day and now finally after 4 decades of research and surveys we have started utlizing little bit of our coal reserves. I am very optimistic next 5-10 years will bring a lot of changes in our country and we will become one of the leading exporters of Coal very soon :tup:

I am very optimistic next 5-10 years will bring a lot of changes in our country and we will become one of the leading exporters of Coal very soon :tup:

By the time the world will move towards to less fossil fuels....:hitwall:

By the time the world will move towards to less fossil fuels....:hitwall:

don't worry mate china and India are still using a lot more Coal comparing to Pakistan and even after 10 - 50 years they will be using more coal than comparing to Pakistan :rolleyes: and the demand for coal is not going to finish in 1 day...........it will take centuries or probably will never finish :lol:

I heard the coal in Pakistan is BETTER QUALITY then the one imported :taz:

oh well overall it is of low quality :cry: but yes in few areas you find coal of better quality too. Thar Coal deserts has about 90-95% of Pakistan's total reserves and they are of poor quality

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom