What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

Are we going to fight Russia?
It will take years to integrate this missile. By that time, options will be available for Pakistan to address this threat.
Hypersonic A2A missiles are non-economic and stupid idea.
They aren’t that relaible as well, Terminal guidance is best at supersonic

sorry mid course updates from satellite! Explain the physics of that to me please!
I think data link and satellite are the guidance. Fire and forget...

Hypersonic A2A missiles are non-economic and stupid idea.
They aren’t that relaible as well, Terminal guidance is best at supersonic

I think data link and satellite are the guidance. Fire and forget...

Can’t be done, not enough power available for a satellite to track a target and provide mid course updates.
Besides are these geosynchronous satellites or geostationary satellites? So the pilot is supposed to launch a PL1X and hope there is a satellite in orbit to guide the missile? Doesn’t make any sense..

Can’t be done, not enough power available for a satellite to track a target and provide mid course updates.
Besides are these geosynchronous satellites or geostationary satellites? So the pilot is supposed to launch a PL1X and hope there is a satellite in orbit to guide the missile? Doesn’t make any sense..
You didn’t get me I guess, AWACS and other nearby supporting aircrafts or the air defences or in case of off shore air battle, then Naval radars actively send input or stimulus to satellite, Which in turn forwards to missile system computer...

I might be wrong theoretically but this is by far what I made up of that...

I guess once this PL-1X launches, It has no relation with the platform, rather it is independent but during mid course, it recieves updates while satellite which in turn gets update via data link.

SU 30 MKI's upgradation us going to be a headache for us. Wiki pedia says that iys radar can detect 3m2 target for upto 400km. That f**** huge.

I dont think its PL 15. @LKJ86 @Deino

It is not. The Chinese operate SU-35's and according to a report by PLAAF officers, the current gen of Chinese AESA's (inc the KLJ-7A) are far superior to the Irbis-E PESA, however, it is the best PESA you can get, just not as good as Chinese AESA's.

Indians can get it

The R-77ME is the closest the Indian's will get to the PL-15 and it is not even in operational service with the Russians yet, let alone the Indians.

PL-15 or SD-10A or PL-21 bought from china, I will only beleive its seriousness and deadliness of the missile after PAF actually uses it in battle.

So far F16, AIM 120C missiles have been used effectively which took 2 Indian aircrafts down and Pakistani H-4 glide bombs hitting 6 Indian targets and no Chinese missiles been used till now.

So Pakistan should actually start using PL-15s, SD-10 etc in actual battles.

PL-15 or SD-10A or PL-21 bought from china, I will only beleive its seriousness and deadliness of the missile after PAF actually uses it in battle.

So far F16, AIM 120C missiles have been used effectively which took 2 Indian aircrafts down and Pakistani H-4 glide bombs and no Chinese missiles been used till now.

Most systems are not 'battle tested', even if they are, it means nothing, the Patriot was used extensively in the Gulf, it was a pretty reliable system, however it still has failed at times.

You didn’t get me I guess, AWACS and other nearby supporting aircrafts or the air defences or in case of off shore air battle, then Naval radars actively send input or stimulus to satellite, Which in turn forwards to missile system computer...

I might be wrong theoretically but this is by far what I made up of that...

I guess once this PL-1X launches, It has no relation with the platform, rather it is independent but during mid course, it recieves updates while satellite which in turn gets update via data link.

Not AWACS, I am not aware of any operational AWACS that operates at frequencies high enough to provide targeting data to an AAM. Other fighter assets via satellite comms sure, but then defeats the purpose of a missile with 700 km range - hence, doesn’t make sense.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom