What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

The biggest giveaway was the Type 21 smoke stack in the dry dock behind the subs. If you check GE, you can pretty much align yourself with where the pics were taken.

thanks for sharing these snaps with us on this forum. Great work indeed.

Btw which Morrocan forum?

Armée Pakistanaise / Pakistani Armed Forces (PAF) - Page 23

sir there were 2 threads on this forum... but my bookmarks are on the other laptop at the moment

darkinsky
its the same moroco'an forum i was referring to

We built Agosta locally because it enabled us to gain the valuable experience of building a submarine not to mention we got ToT from France, so the heavy machinery and skills will now be used to construct our own indigenous Submarines InshaAllah!
That's what suppose to be other wise all that gain will fade slowly.

An interesting article about how effective an AIP equipped SSK can be....
6964037038_4a1ce46b38_b.jpg

just theoritical questions:
1.would it not b better had we opted for the french merlin subs coz we already r operating french subs for quite some time now?

2.i have read that merlin was rejected on the grounds that it was just a paper design.....agosta 90b was also a paper design but it developed into a very potent platform........so considering the expertise of DCNS had merlin not b another success for the PN?

3.our shipyards have some know how of working with DCNS so doing another project with DCNS had not strengthened our shipbuilding industries?

thanks in advance...............

Although if Pn had joined the Germans in 1997 for the development of U-212 and then continued till U-214, so now the situation will be totally different from the current one. Like we can produce 7 U-212 in first phase then 7 U-214 in the second phase then may be U-216(if going to build) in the third phase.

I am sure its a much better time for PN to talk to Germans for JV in SSKs and on development of advanced sonars.

it will be better to talk to Italy, seeing that the article mentions that Italy's anti sub warfare systems are superb(paraphrasing of course), and currently Italy's ties with India are going through a bad phase so they may be happy to lend us their help.

I think we should now concentrate on Developing R&D centers in Pakistan in different areas where we can do Reseaches with other countries like E.U, China, Japan and South Korea along with ex-Soviet ones. This will help us a lot and we might be able to do many things in house.... INSHA ALLAH.

I am a recent member so I am sure other members will have seen this clip:

youtube. com/watch?v=PtRTnq-gF10

Can anyone confirm, as I strongly suspect that this is in Pakistan and is not DCNS in France. The reason I ask is that facility looks amazing and I am not aware of what the French has given to us. If this is the transfer then we have a great sub building yard and we should be building more subs!!

Bring on the Qings. Also with news that we will be building 4 more (hopefully new designed) Talwars, and the fact we built the F22P before schedule should give us confidence to do more with our talent and hard work. Come on guys this is something to be proud of and we should replicate this is in other areas of our country too.

Thanks.

We should make more strategic alliance with china, its not wise to have many suppliers and get average thing with high price, right now china is very strong economically and they have advance technology so we should buy mostly from them than we can get more advance thing in high quantity and can share technology also

Pakistan and China should have signed a deal on developing these kind of things in 2000:

1. 21 4500-5000 tons Frigates cum Destroyers till 2020
2. 11 2100-2500 tons Corvettes cum Light Frigates.
3. 21 700-1100 tons FACs(Multi Purpose).
4. 7 New Tankers
5. Other Equipments too....

Although we done a big mistake by not Upgrading the Agosta-70s in 2003 with the same electronics and sensors as Agosta-90Bs. We should have continued its production with 3rd and 4th being build simultaneously and then 5th, 6th and 7th one after that till 2011. We can also signed a JV with Germans over U-212 in 2000 but continue production of 5-7 Agosta-90Bs and try to market it for BDs and other countries willing to have a new advance U-Boat for the first time.

Dude! be realistic.. :blink:

What you're suggesting goes into the realm of imagination. Even if we had funds, we would have been lucky to have ordered a quarter of the numbers u suggested. And 212s? You fail to realize that 212 is not an export version just like the Raptor is not for export. The only thing i agree with you here are a couple of more A-90Bs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom