What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

Does anyone in the country build tethered drones using cheap off the shelf parts? Like these: https://elistair.com/
24 hour flight time, colour and FLIR cameras, 330 feet operation height, can peer at a distance of 10km.
Imagine if every MRAP is equipped with something like this but cheaper.
It could be used as a "kite" and be pulled along the convoy, scouting for threats.
It could also have the ability to be "cut loose" and survey an area on it's own battery power.
Or a plexus of them across checkposts all attached to a central command aided by AI, to monitor terrorists?.
Or be used to monitor a battlespace from a distance.
Weeeelll?
Also it's something a university graduate could open as a startup... *Wink* *wink*

I almost forgot.
Has any branch of service taken a liking to HAPS? Could do miracles for ISR and communications.....

Integrated Dynamics is working on it. 2 models Solaris and Stratos:
This is certainly a step in the right direction. The Solaris is very obviously a technology demonstrator with it's small size. Perhaps the mentioned stratos is proposed to be a full-scale HAPS. Our brass should certainly look towards supporting this program (and not just saying oh AWC can make this and tell it to make it lol).

Does anyone in the country build tethered drones using cheap off the shelf parts? Like these: https://elistair.com/
24 hour flight time, colour and FLIR cameras, 330 feet operation height, can peer at a distance of 10km.
Imagine if every MRAP is equipped with something like this but cheaper.
It could be used as a "kite" and be pulled along the convoy, scouting for threats.
It could also have the ability to be "cut loose" and survey an area on it's own battery power.
Or a plexus of them across checkposts all attached to a central command aided by AI, to monitor terrorists?.
Or be used to monitor a battlespace from a distance.
Weeeelll?
Also it's something a university graduate could open as a startup... *Wink* *wink*
Nothing would save our troops in convoys, as long as they are in their Toyota pick ups, the MRAPs of Pakistani forces. Send all the drones you want.

Last edited:
Nothing would save our troops in convoys, as long as they are in their Toyota MRAP pick ups. Send all the drones you want.
You mean Toyota pickups, not MRAPs....
We need MRAPs, desperately.

You mean Toyota pickups, not MRAPs....
We need MRAPs, desperately.
No I meant what I wrote, but I rephrased it for clarity now.
I wrote it sarcastically though.

Last edited:
No I meant what I wrote, but I rephrased it for clarity now.
I wrote it sarcastically though.
I think this phase of Counterterrorism (at least the military part of it) needs to be a multi pronged approach. Drones, MRAPs, VMMDs and other surveillance equipment.
You need all of these together.

I think this phase of Counterterrorism (at least the military part of it) needs to be a multi pronged approach. Drones, MRAPs, VMMDs and other surveillance equipment.
You need all of these together.
Unfortunately, those at the helm ( civilians+ military) don't give a damn about the safety of our troops, except lip service.

Back
Top Bottom