Weight: 6000kg
Propulsion: Single and Twin Turbofan Engine versions
Engine: AI-322F (later TF-6000/10000)
Speed: 0.6 - 1.35 M
Useful loads: EOTS, Multi Mode AESA Radar
Payloads: Smart Munitions, Missiles & Stand off Weapons, A/A missiles
Weapon capacity: 1500kg
Wingspan: 10m
All weather day/night landing and take-off from short runways and navy carriers.

There have been important developments in the project in recent days, more detailed information can be found on the Turkish forums.

TEI-TF-10000 will also power the KE variants.

FjwuJexXwAY3VIz

What amount of g's will it be able pull? I expect more than a typical manned figher but just curious.

And will it have stuff like MAWS to detect incoming missile, theoretically what kind of evasive maneuvering will be at it disposal. Add in EW and stuff like towed decoys and you have a tricky challenge,
like the odds already aren't good when you're up against a stealth jet , even if you manage to shoot it down its kinda disposable, but will be such a pain in the *** to deal with.
Basically making engaging with manned jet vs drone a very INEFFICIENT proposition

What amount of g's will it be able pull? I expect more than a typical manned figher but just curious.

And will it have stuff like MAWS to detect incoming missile, theoretically what kind of evasive maneuvering will be at it disposal. Add in EW and stuff like towed decoys and you have a tricky challenge, like the odd already aren't good when you're up against a sealth jet , but now it disposal even you manage to shoot it down, but will be such a pain in the *** to deal with.
Basically making engaging with manned jet vs drone a very INEFFICIENT proposition
Continuous G-force endurance time is an important parameter rather than instantaneous G-force. As you mentioned, due to the limits of human physiology, manned aircraft cannot withstand +8 G forces for more than certain short periods. If the pilot is exposed to this force for more than a certain period of time, he/she may lose consciousness and faint for a short time. In unmanned systems, the endurance limit of the system will be directly matched with the structural limit of the aircraft since there is no human factor.

It will be able to withstand G force for much longer periods of time, well above the 9G force that today's fighter jets are limited to, and for long periods of time. However, we are still a long way from this point. Because when comparing manned and unmanned systems, the maximum G strength of the human body is not the only parameter. There are many other parameters. In any case, the coming years will be a period of major developments in all areas where unmanned systems currently suffer from technical inadequacies, so the main platforms of the future air forces will gradually become unmanned.

Exactly as Baykar CTO Selçuk Bayraktar said, a paradigm shift is taking place in combat aviation. The last paradigm shift was with jet aircrafts introduce, the next one will be with AI unmanned systems.

If you are asking about Baykar KE spesifically , there are studies by some academics and some statements from the company/SSM on this subject. Baykar KE's main objective is to create an air superiority aircraft. Therefore, the targeted maximum G force draws are much, much higher than +9G. As for how much G force we are talking about technically, exactly with the current propulsion systems, you might want to take a look at this study by Prof. Dr. Hayrani Öz:

We won't hear the end of it from MMM-E now...

Temporarily paralyzed, Mr. MMM-E, IMO. I'm sure he'll be back in the loudest way very soon! LOL

By the way, I sincerely congratulate the entire Baykar Team. I hope this bird gets its all sensors and TEI TF-10000 turbofan engines as soon as possible.

Temporarily paralyzed, Mr. MMM-E, IMO. I'm sure he'll be back in the loudest way very soon! LOL

By the way, I sincerely congratulate the entire Baykar Team. I hope this bird gets its all sensors and TEI TF-1000 turbofan engines as soon as possible.
I was going to ask @dBSPL if he is more pro-Baykar or pro-TAI

I was going to ask @dBSPL if he is more pro-Baykar or pro-TAI
I don't think @dBSPL's taking sides. Besides, what will it matter, TAI's Anka-3 will take off in May-2023. It has been confirmed that Northrop Grumman's X47'B is in similar form and stealth, the Anka-3.

Thus, the two planned Loyal Wingmans of TFX will have made their first flights. Then "lead singer", TFX, will fly. ;)

I don't think @dBSPL's taking sides. Besides, what will it matter, TAI's Anka-3 will take off in May-2023. It has been confirmed that Northrop Grumman's X47'B is in similar form and stealth, the Anka-3.

Thus, the two planned Loyal Wingmans of TFX will have made their first flights. Then "lead singer", TFX, will fly. ;)
Well it makes sense,but I was wondering if you guys have some special preference for example. In the products of Baykar or TAI.

Well it makes sense,but I was wondering if you guys have some special preference for example. In the products of Baykar or TAI.
The two companies have different production philosophies. Baykar is a company that responds to the emerging need very quickly and focuses on producing relatively more price-performance products. TAI, on the other hand, is a company that takes things a little slower and focuses more on producing products with a high level of manufacturing quality.

I don't like fatty womens, err sorry, fatty companies. :) So I'm a Baykar sympathizer.

The two companies have different production philosophies. Baykar is a company that responds to the emerging need very quickly and focuses on producing relatively more price-performance products. TAI, on the other hand, is a company that takes things a little slower and focuses more on producing products with a high level of manufacturing quality.

I don't like fatty womens, err sorry, fatty companies. :) So I'm a Baykar sympathizer.
Yeah,I agree. The problem is though,that Baykar has won the "media war",let's say. The commercial part. I'm not saying TAI is not known or not quality,but Baykar is kind of the star of the industry right now. Still,both produce nice stuff.

A small fun note about Bayraktar Kızılelma: In addition to its fully autonomous take-off and landing capability, the system will perform all activities and pilotage requirements within the mission profile, such as target identification and classification, prioritization and valuation, engagement and evasive maneuvering, with artificial intelligence developed specifically for the system. What we are talking about here is not only decision support systems and autopilot functions, but also self-determination and application capability. The artificial intelligence in question will be limited only in firing weapons at the target and will be under the control of the operator. However, it is not known to what extent these electronic limitations will be valid if the country is dragged into a war in the future.

We are indeed at the dawn of a new era in combatant aviation. Selçuk Bayraktar, in particular, has made many statements and interviews about this paradigm shift, but I don't think people have been able to understand them sufficiently until now. The extraordinary developments in the field of AI are about to merge with unmanned combat systems.

A new journey begins. A small step for KE, but definitely one big step for the future of Turkish combat aviation and warfare concepts.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom