What's new

Thunder Bravo Shows It's Claws

By the way, why do we need once another JF-17B thread if there is already one??

@DANGER-ZONE @HRK

Check this JF-17A Block 2 brochure, Mk-20 Rockeye is carried on dual racks, hps 2,4 and 6 can take EO/FLIR and ECM pods.

dj4Zyca.jpg

I guess Aselpod on centreline hp fits the EO/FLIR category while the 2× pods seen in this old photo are indeed ECM pods from AWC/Indra.

Nonetheless, PAF will have better options with JF-17B.

If that is an official diagram, it is interesting.. Why cant SD10s be mounted on points 3 and 5 ? Odd for sure !?! ? Esp when a C-802 can be mounted on 3 and 5, meaning it is a full RT unit on the mil-bus ...

@DANGER-ZONE @HRK

Check this JF-17A Block 2 brochure, Mk-20 Rockeye is carried on dual racks, hps 2,4 and 6 can take EO/FLIR and ECM pods.

dj4Zyca.jpg

I guess Aselpod on centreline hp fits the EO/FLIR category while the 2× pods seen in this old photo are indeed ECM pods from AWC/Indra.

Nonetheless, PAF will have better options with JF-17B.

From my understand we can only have 2 HP with BVR?

From my understand we can only have 2 HP with BVR?

This question was already answered all hp have mil-1770 interface so anything can be carried but this config displayed is what is standard and usually carried even at various shows stalls jf is shown carryon sd 110 on hp 3 and 5

Nothing stopping you but with just internal fuel range is impacted

This is from IDEAs

IMG_5178.JPG

Another show

IMG_5179.JPG

I wonder if the PAF will ask for the pod from Saab. I know Elettronica offered a 100% ITAR free pod (said so at IDEAS).

https://www.elt-roma.com/product/edge

The specs show EDGE as a very powerful jammer (noise/deception) aimed at twin-engine Tornado & Typhoon. If this can be integrated to the single-engine JF-17B with Chinese AESA/EW suite aboard is the question.

The specs show EDGE as a very powerful jammer (noise/deception) aimed at twin-engine Tornado & Typhoon. If this can be integrated to the single-engine JF-17B with Chinese AESA/EW suite aboard is the question.
The ELINT capability is particularly interesting. Could offer a means to identify and locate radar signals, a key first step towards SEAD/DEAD (esp. if combined with ground-based ESM and a stand-off range SAR via HAPS UAV or a HALE UAV). Combine it with ARMs, ALCMs, SOWs, MLRS, LACM and TBMs...

I would not rule out the possibility as previously in one of my post I have noted that we had at least 2 JF-17B available with us secondly to select an AESA radar it is logical to test the system in Pakistan and what could be a more appropriate environment than an actual combat operation .... but the issue is none of the JF-17B were officially part of PAF fleet at that time as per open source information, so my understanding [which have higher chances of going wrong] is Even if they were flying that day with AESA they were acting just as testbed not as official participant of the operation ....

@airomerix , @Tps43 can any of you comment about this interesting possibility raised by our friend Gryphon ....

As per official video about LKF-601e its possible even with previous blocks of JF-17
negative , No JF-17B were used during ops retort

I wonder if the PAF will ask for the pod from Saab. I know Elettronica offered a 100% ITAR free pod (said so at IDEAS).

https://www.elt-roma.com/product/edge

Interesting, with the JF17 avionic integration facility up and running now, it will be easier to talk to both ELT Roma and Saab in procuring these pods, as all development and integration and testing will be done in Pakistan, and not China.

Lets see. Its good to have a little variety in EW equipment as different implementations will be more effective against some targets and not others.

I would not rule out the possibility as previously in one of my post I have noted that we had at least 2 JF-17B available with us secondly to select an AESA radar it is logical to test the system in Pakistan and what could be a more appropriate environment than an actual combat operation .... but the issue is none of the JF-17B were officially part of PAF fleet at that time as per open source information, so my understanding [which have higher chances of going wrong] is Even if they were flying that day with AESA they were acting just as testbed not as official participant of the operation ....

@airomerix , @Tps43 can any of you comment about this interesting possibility raised by our friend Gryphon ....

As per official video about LKF-601e its possible even with previous blocks of JF-17

I can attest with absolute certitude, the two JF-17 Block IIs equipped with AESA (cannot disclose which one) officially took part in operation swift retort.

A very powerful ground based radar of IAF was successfully jammed by one of these AESA equipped JF-17. And mind you, jamming a ground based radar is 10x more difficult and complex compared to airborne assets such as other fighter aircraft and in many cases other AEW&C assets. The mastery of our pilots enabled IAF to go in this battle 'blind' and 'deaf'. Their AWACS was too far away to provide any meaningful picture of the battle.

Then everyone wonders how the hell could Su-30 not see anything and Mig 21 not hear anything. I will not be expanding on this further. I hope this helps.

I can attest with absolute certitude, the two JF-17 Block IIs equipped with AESA (cannot disclose which one) officially took part in operation swift retort.

A very powerful ground based radar of IAF was successfully jammed by one of these AESA equipped JF-17. And mind you, jamming a ground based radar is 10x more difficult and complex compared to airborne assets such as other fighter aircraft and in many cases other AEW&C assets. The mastery of our pilots enabled IAF to go in this battle 'blind' and 'deaf'. Their AWACS was too far away to provide any meaningful picture of the battle.

Then everyone wonders how the hell could Su-30 not see anything and Mig 21 not hear anything. I will not be expanding on this further. I hope this helps.

Bombshell news, so you are confirming this big ticket news.

Please don't keep divulging such information. It certainly does not help anyone other than the enemy itself.
Pakistani's should only be concerned with the achievement not the means to achievement. Let the enemy keep guessing which Pakistani asset did what.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom