What's new

Updated Member groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well WebMaster I am sure has a life hence all the mods on the forum to do the watching for him... :angel:

With mods there is a "transparency" of sorts, you know it's their job to keep a check on the activities. Getting a few members of the TT involved or any other member group, it's a little twisted. If they can be trusted to give an unbiased, fair view of the happenings/members of the forum, well then promote them to mod-ship straight off.

NO elmo it was NOt at all twisted.

Read my post again. What i suggested was merely a helping hand by these trusted TT or otherwise people. And nowhere i suggested any powers to these members.

All i suggested is that these selective people will report posts, or mention the BS, trolling posts from boths sides, they will keep an eye on those who are banned and come again and again with other IDs, so these members will mention/inform the admin about it, besides they will point out duplicated threads so that these can me merged :)))

Thats an harmless suggestion and NO it doesnt suggest that these people be made mods ;)

How if senior members are coloured Purple and Elite members as Red. :dirol:

Can someone enlighten me to explain new member (less than 30 posts) become ELITE Member??

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members/abdullah-khan.html

Dear All,

In our continued efforts to improve the Defence.pk experience we have restructured the user groups. Please review the details below:

Fresh members
All new registrations

They can't create threads, except in the Members Introduction area

Full Members
Fresh Members with at least 5 posts.

They can create threads in all their forums

Senior Members
Full members who have spent several months and have 1000 posts

They get to post in Officer's mess area and get some posting related rights

Elite Members
Senior Members with 5000 posts and many months spent on the forum

All new features of the forum will first be passed to the Elite group and then to the rest of the forum

You may also be added into the Elite group, cherry picked.

All appointees are mostly just staff - i.e. helping us out in someway or the other.

Political appointees. No merit and cherry picked sycophants.

What, did you think our President wouldn't rub off on us average Pakistanis? :D

If you donate to the website from the subscription (from UserCp) the system will automatically make you the Elite Member, that is the case with the member with such a few posts. Also all Staff members were promoted to Elite members.

:tup:. Nice changing i am sure coming up.

Lately there have been too much mess from all of us which had kept the mods/admins on their toes.

So i think its nice to make it systematic as mods/admins can not be always online or checking each and every post, so some trusted members from TT or otherwise can be assigned to keep and eye, collect the violations of rules and forward it to the concerned authorities for moderation or otherwise.

Tasks can be divided for example some can be assinged to keep an eye on those members who after banning come again and again with the new IDs to create mess.

Some can be assigned to report posts from both sides which are violating rules.

Some can collect all identical threads and forward the links to mods/admins for merger.

there are many other such small tasks we can divide and manage.

Congrats PFF :)
:pakistan::pakistan:

What is authority of elite members:D

Elite should have power equal to moderators:D

can someone remove the 4 million something lowest ranked posts i got :rolleyes:

If you donate to the website from the subscription (from UserCp) the system will automatically make you the Elite Member, that is the case with the member with such a few posts. Also all Staff members were promoted to Elite members.

Perhaps rather than elite a title that shows recognition such as sponsor. The elite members have earned respect through numerous posts of quality over time, i dont feel it is some thing a new member with a few posts even a generous one has earned.

Political appointees. No merit and cherry picked sycophants.

What, did you think our President wouldn't rub off on us average Pakistanis? :D

Being Elite members or Political appointees is blurr. For instance Jana (rolling many posts) or Stealth (a very professional Graphic designer) or Temple II or Righteous fire or etc ? Some of them are less than 5000 post. :undecided:

I would appreciate if you don't mind I could be Elite member in some point :)

Btw, what's difference between 'Banned Member' vs 'Suspended Member'?

Being Elite members or Political appointees is blurr. For instance Jana (rolling many posts) or Stealth (a very professional Graphic designer) or Temple II or Righteous fire or etc ? Some of them are less than 5000 post. :undecided:

I would appreciate if you don't mind I could be Elite member in some point :)

Btw, what's difference between 'Banned Member' vs 'Suspended Member'?

Just spelling dear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom