What's new

Whatever happened to some old members

What makes you think Pakistan is not full of the same kind of people? Been to Pakistan? Recently?
Yes, a year ago. I know the situation has gotten worse within the year, but I aim to go in a couple of months again
BTW, now might be a good time to get off that well-informed horse.
If you think that I'm talking from a high horse, you should know that I consider myself a youthia and ill-informed guy too lmao

Yes, a year ago. I know the situation has gotten worse within the year,
Understatement of the century, bro.

If you think that I'm talking from a high horse, you should know that I consider myself a youthia and ill-informed guy too lmao
That advise goes for everyone who supports Imran khan yet feels the need to call out youthias to feel superior in some twisted way.

Here's how I look at it.
Imran khan can have 101 faults. During his term, he got severe criticism from his own voters, lest anyone is forgetting.

But it's idiotic to oppose him at this point. The options are literally IK vs the devil himself.
Than there are gems who see fascism in him. Remind me again how fascism (in the minds of the people) starts. And is it fascism to be against tyrants?
And also what they would like to call the actions of the current dispensation?

Last edited:
Understatement of the century, bro.
I know, but I can't really find another word to describe the regression, apart from the fact that it has got a lot worse.
Here's how I look at it.
Imran khan can have 101 faults. During his term, he got severe criticism from his own voters, lest anyone is forgetting.
This is definitely something I see in many people. Khan failed internally quite a bit, in the form of development projects such as affordable housing, all the way up to CPEC. But the options against him are worse by the tenfold
But it's idiotic to oppose him at this point. The options are literally IK vs the devil himself.
Than there are gems who see fascism in him. Remind me again how fascism (in the minds of the people) starts.
And also what they would like to call the actions of the current dispensation?
I am one of those who sees slight fascism in him. People follow him blindly, which is an extremely bad thing in the long-run, but can be extremely beneficial in the short term due to helping him get back into power. Imran Khan is a good leader to get us out of the mess, but not a good leader to carry us up to regional power level in the future due to his internal failings.

As for fascism, I definitely agree that the time is ripe for it. Massive inflation, rising unemployment, foreign exchange in the toilet and overall external investment at an all time low. But everyone can see that Imran Khan would not be an ideal fascist leader. He sees his following, but has proven over and over that he will not be a party to fascism.
the current government on the other hand, is authoritarian and borderline fascist without having the support of the people, which is always a recipe for disaster

I know, but I can't really find another word to describe the regression, apart from the fact that it has got a lot worse.
oh Boy. If it weren't for our submissive nature. You would be coming back to punjabistan, or whatever. I think you are from AJK, so might have been kashmiristan if the indians hadn't taken over, Shit would have imploded long ago. But, we are a chill people, for what it's worth :lol:
France is imploding over raising the retirement age by just two fricking years. from 62 to 64. And yet here we are.

This is definitely something I see in many people. Khan failed internally quite a bit, in the form of development projects such as affordable housing, all the way up to CPEC. But the options against him are worse by the tenfold
The only things they could claim was experience and we've all seen that now. So, I would vote for khan 10/10 times. No comparison. Which is why, as long as he is embattled, he gets a pass.

I am one of those who sees slight fascism in him. People follow him blindly, which is an extremely bad thing in the long-run, but can be extremely beneficial in the short term due to helping him get back into power. Imran Khan is a good leader to get us out of the mess, but not a good leader to carry us up to regional power level in the future due to his internal failings.

As for fascism, I definitely agree that the time is ripe for it. Massive inflation, rising unemployment, foreign exchange in the toilet and overall external investment at an all time low. But everyone can see that Imran Khan would not be an ideal fascist leader. He sees his following, but has proven over and over that he will not be a party to fascism.
the current government on the other hand, is authoritarian and borderline fascist without having the support of the people, which is always a recipe for disaster
As I was reading this, I was thinking of the answer but then I read the second para and you wrote exactly what I would have. There's not much left for me to say.

I too used to think it's not good too put that much faith in one man but now I look around and see, what else is there to put faith in? The army? Courts?

And yes, despite how charged his supporters may be, I can't imagine the guy as a fascist dictator. He's soft. TOO soft.

Last edited:
I've shed light to our submissiveness so many times. Iranians burnt their country down over Hijabs. France is imploding over pensions. Pakistan has been leeched off by corrupt powers, damaged and exploited since inception, and not a peep is heard from the public. Heck, they even go forth to VOTE for the crooks

but then again, his softness could be our victory. @HRK Mentioned in another thread that PTI's strategy is to challenge the status quo from a peaceful background. The mafia is able to fight fire with fire. But they can't fight water with fire. The aim is to peacefully crush them, as the mafia has shown to be absolutely incapable at fighting a peaceful fight. Imran Khan has successfully brought the fight to his own turf, even though we've been lambasting him for going through a system that is rigged against him. But his entire game is based upon beating the crooks at their own game and collapsing their system around them.
All good but his entire strategy depends on him living. That's a glass cannon if there was one.

Treat tu de nai aap ne, MOD na baane ki kushi mai LOL ab yeh mat bolna ke MOD na baane ki kon si treat because than I will start doubting that you are a Pakistani lol
Lol

You are not alone, sir. All of us felt that.
Some left. Some channeled their anger in different ways. Some do it with expletives, Some like myself do it with the occasional jokes and sarcasm.

I was never too much into the military stuff but I too developed a noticeable disinterest after the events of last year. In fact, I think my second post was about how I was no longer interested in military stuff. Very polite and honest post. It got promptly deleted by some mod.

My first post was on your thread you created to protest good economic news that Bangladeshis kept posting without mentioning the country in the title, leading to much consternation for us Pakistanis. That thread hit close to home and I joined after lurking for 4 years. So thank you. :lol:

Please keep contributing from time to time. I know it seems hopeless but it's better to vent it than keep it inside.
Haha that bangladeshi thread thingy is still an issue.

Makes me too envious lol. Everytime I see an interesting news of economy with a clickbait title, I picture it to be of Pakistan’s but then a Bengali baba pops up

Haha that bangladeshi thread thingy is still an issue.

Makes me too envious lol. Everytime I see an interesting news of economy with a clickbait title, I picture it to be of Pakistan’s but then a Bengali baba pops up
For what it's worth, their economy is up shit creek too, recently. Way better than ours but still very satisfying :lol:
I too used to think it's not good too put that much faith in one man but now I look around and see, what else is there to put faith in? The army? Courts?

And yes, despite how charged his supporters may be, I can't imagine the guy as a fascist dictator. He's soft. TOO soft.
What this naya jazba of haqiqi ajaadi all about ?

why the hell did IK pick a fight against the fauzis ?

there's some srs behind the scenes stuff that neither your awaam at large, nor anyone else is aware of.

far as I can tell, IK played a bad game, fauz overreached.. and played a worse game in doing so..

scene set hai.. Nawaj will come and fix it

What this naya jazba of haqiqi ajaadi all about ?
Fauj overplayed their hand.

why the hell did IK pick a fight against the fauzis ?
He didn't. They were pushing him around right up until they ousted him. Can you blame him? Guy's not nawaz sharif. For what it's worth, he's andar ghuss ke phatt janay wali cheez, as evident.

there's some srs behind the scenes stuff that neither your awaam at large, nor anyone else is aware of.
Can't say I disagree.

far as I can tell, IK played a bad game, fauz overreached.. and played a worse game in doing so..
Can't say IK was completely blameless. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone f*cks around. But the army f*cked around so much, it's beginning to find out.
As they say "To f*ck around is Human, to find out is Divine". Army has reach that divinity.
@Areesh , would you agree with that sentiment?

scene set hai.. Nawaj will come and fix it
Since you are so convinced on his greatness, maybe you'll be the one to convince him to come back. He went to UK for 4 weeks on pretext of illness. Been 4 years. Never ONCE went to any doc. Then wehn people asked why he wasn't back, they started saying "because IK's govt is vengeful". Now, it's been a year since IK is not in govt. They have a caretaker CM that's more faithful than their own party CM would be. And that rat is still not coming back, hiding in his ill-gotten flats from a 17 yo boy (Shayan Ali, google him)

Fauj overplayed their hand.
Haven't they always always been the real power behind the scene/screen there ?

at least we lot across the border always thought so, for decades no less.. turns out we we right.

He didn't. They were pushing him around right up until they ousted him. Can you blame him? Guy's not nawaz sharif. For what it's worth, he's andar ghuss ke phatt janay wali cheez, as evident.
Clue/cue me in... Pushing him to do what exactly ?

Can't say I disagree.
above paygrade waala mamla for most, I imagine.

kisi din some ISI biggie kitaab likhe gaa with all the inside dope, that's when we'll know. :P

Can't say IK was completely blameless. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone f*cks around. But the army f*cked around so much, it's beginning to find out.
As they say "To f*ck around is Human, to find out is Divine". Army has reach that divinity.
Scary for us across the fence folk..

agar really itnay haramis hai, toh nothing will stop them from starting something with us lot, your forever enemies... a hot conflict.

easiest way to flip the public sentiment from against to pro... used to be the case here too and Indian admins have often been accused of using that same playbook by you lot over here over the years.. but its just not the case anymore.

Pk has almost sort of evaporated from our collective public consciousness as a forever enemy.. we're still mighty curious about all the goings on there but voh baat ni hai ab.. street level randoms hating on Pakistan etc.

Ladai ladai maaf kro, kutton ki tareh business kro I say.

At the most, medical "tourism" ka le ke milega vija bas, or ya to shaadi etc ka... for either of us to come visit across.

BC, trade, tourism etc hi kar lo..

I still have a little bit of a soft spot for HongWu

@Windjammer - has been missing action for quite some too - as has @Imran Khan aswell.

Windjammer messages mostly on defence related news so you will find him there, Khan sahib is still here.

Unfortunately the forum has become toxic, before it was Pakistanis v Indians debates but now its Pakistani v Pakistani, too much hatred and people who are senior members just don't have enough time to debate with trolls. Members on PDF if interested in debates should research, try to understand different points of views.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom