What's new

1965 War Documentary Fath-e-Mobin

You didn't actually launch any assaults on those cities, but you did launch failed ones on Lahore and Sialkot. So your sarcasm doesn't even work here.

We did bomb peshawar in 1965, using english electric canberras. we wanted to bomb your runway (most PAF withdrew to peshawar during night as indian planes didn't have range to attack), but unfortunately bombs fell on canteen and killed many airmen. US had to relocate their forces out from the airfield due to that raid...

NO...and this time a BIG NO...do you think they can sneak into China? Russia? Iran?(purposefully not mentioning India)??...no they can't...why?? No matter how much you guys deny however dependence on US makes your foreign policy numb...Unfortunately Pakistan is now trying to find shelter in China which is not ready as of now..not at that level. Only god knows if China will do a US on Pakistan but one thing is for sure if you can't take care of yourself then be prepared to be humbled time and again by the so called protector.

China? Maybe. Russia? No. Iran? Yes. Like I said, most countries, not all. And we can take care of ourselves fine, I would like to see India do better in the situation you think we are in. The fact is, the US does things with our permission, people just as Edward Snowden and Seymour Hersh have admitted so, and they have more authority on the matter than you do with your warped view.

We did bomb peshawar in 1965, using english electric canberras. we wanted to bomb your runway (most PAF withdrew to peshawar during night as indian planes didn't have range to attack), but unfortunately bombs fell on canteen and killed many airmen. US had to relocate their forces out from the airfield due to that raid...

But you didn't launch any ground offensives to try and pave way for an offensive to that city, one robin doesn't make a summer.

Please keep your baseless rants to yourself or be intellectually honest to post links. Otherwise Ill throw your butt out of here.

There was a single sq at Peshawar. Ironically, compared to your cheap fibbing; the PAF was being stupid in keeping a bunch of its forces at Sargodha out in the open as if on a prize platter for the IAF; it is another story that the IAF were such bumbling fools in air operations that they let this go by.

Dude this is what i am trying to explain....why would we be even bothered to go after west...when there was an easy target sitting right there in our east....Let me try one more time...Let's go back to 65 using your explanation of events...As per you India wanted to control lot of land to give Pakistan a phycological blow as well as use it as a bargaining chip....As per you India was the aggressor and attacked Pakistan...Do let me know if you have any disagreement until this point...

Now assuming we are on same page...here is my question...Given I want to achieve above and knowing very well that it is risky for me to open fronts at east and west...which one should I use?? A difficult one or an easy one??

Now here is my view on this(in fact what happened) - When my aim is to hurt you I will go for the easy target...when my aim to save my a$$ I will hit where it will hurt you the most so that i can save my a$$...right??..Now read the below sequence carefully and with an open mind.

Given there is a thrust in Kashmir(read Gibraltar followed by Grand Slam) which is making me sweat it is illogical for me to open a front in eastern side...I mean what do you expect PA would have done had we opened a front in Eastern sector in 65?? Leave Kashmir and move to Karachi so that they can be shipped to eastern sector?? No..they would continue to move inwards so that when ceasefire comes into play they can negotiate the lost land in eastern sector with victories in western sector...This has always been your mantra..."Defence of East lies in West"... which is obviously not acceptable to me since Kashmir is very dear to us...so what is my choice here?? Threaten the area that PA don't want to loose...which is mainland Pakistan...the moment we did that operations in Kashmir were halted and resources shifted to save Lahore and Sialkot etc...

Now let's talk briefly about 71...We simply defeated the basic premise of your Military strategy...i.e. Defence of East lies in West..we took good amount of time and carefully put our defences in west....and then went in for onslaught in east.. results are in front of us...

Don't mix the issues...what you are finding now is the romance of Zia with radicals...otherwise give me your issues with them before 9/11 and WOT?? Anyways what i meant was about economical strain being used as an alibi by GOI to go after Pakistan...Your military leaders have often thrown this aspect of war right there in dustbin..i.e. managing International community...I have lot of grudge against the Iron Lady however with China on one side and US on another pulling 71 was a marvel...

Then you don't understand how difficult mountain warfare is...One who controls the heights is the one who will come victorious 9 out of 10 times..Now remember Gibraltar and Grandslam were pretty dead serious plans(Militarily) and IA was finding it hard to stop PA onslaught..why?? The best weapon in war is the surprise element...just check what your pre-emptive strikes did to IAF in 65...similarly we were not prepared enough to defend Kashmir and thus needed another front...Lahore and Sialkot were perfect in that aspect...Let me give you an example - Do you know many times PA tried to win back Siachen before finally declaring that is can't be won militarily??

Though its not always about the numbers however let me give it to you...Yes as was proved in 71...in 65 we were already under attack...PA was already threatening NH1 and we were too late to do something there...so they say - time is a luxury in war.....Just to give you an example - Do you know how long it took India to organize her forces after Parliament attack in 2003?? Here we are talking about 65...Pakistan lack of geographic depth has its pros and cons...so does India's huge size. Join the dots and you will have your answer...

and That my friend concludes the problem!! Let me ask you..how do you know they are operating with PA permission?? Has your military come on records and said that?? Why is your parliament then speaking a different tune? The humiliating Osama Bin Laden episode was there for all of us to see...Now what best can be done here....conspiracy theories that there are tacit understandings and what not...Now let me ask you a straight question...Do you know what it takes to bring down an American drone?? If you know then where is the question of permission from PA..i mean do you a choice here? When a mere call from bush can make you do a u-turn on AF then whom are we trying to fool here??

I have to congratulate you on an excellent dissection of a set of silly comments.

Please keep your baseless rants to yourself or be intellectually honest to post links. Otherwise Ill throw your butt out of here.

There was a single sq at Peshawar. Ironically, compared to your cheap fibbing; the PAF was being stupid in keeping a bunch of its forces at Sargodha out in the open as if on a prize platter for the IAF; it is another story that the IAF were such bumbling fools in air operations that they let this go by.

Where's the rest, @Oscar ? You can't set us up and then walk away.

But you didn't launch any ground offensives to try and pave way for an offensive to that city, one robin doesn't make a summer.
That is called shifting the goal post. How can we launch ground attack on peshawar before even capturing lahore?

So USAF Signal Intel was airlifted to Turkey, not Iran, due to IAF raids on peshawar... who knew??

Airborne to Chairborne: Memoirs of a War Veteran Aviator-Lawyer of the Indian Air Force by A.S Ahluwalia, chapter 16. Oh and there were at least 2 raids on peshawar. He says almost entire B-57 was stationed there during night.
http://www.rediff.com/news/special/when-we-fight-a-war-we-forget-the-danger/20150916.htm - Air Marshall Arjan Singh.
http://web.stanford.edu/group/tomzgroup/pmwiki/uploads/1312-1965-12-KS-a-JHS.pdf - pakistan itself accusing india of attacking peshawar twice, 13 and 27 sept.

And another GEM that I found out!!! An USAF Signal Intel guy claiming he had PTSD (among many other incident) when IAF obliterated his building in Peshawar!!!

"The second incident occurred while the veteran was stationed in Pakistan at a monitoring base involved in monitoring the Soviet Union. War broke out between India and Pakistan. The veteran reported that a warning sounded to evacuate the building, and that right after the veteran left the building it was attacked and pulverized by an air strike of Indian planes making a direct hit...."

http://www.va.gov/vetapp08/files4/0829498.txt

It goes on to list his boss/colleague confirming the incident (his name is redacted)!!
And then, it states this -

"Lastly, the veteran has submitted a copy of several pages of a publication, "The India-Pakistan Air War of 1965,"
published in 2005 by an author and publisher in India. That book reports on that war; and the portions submitted
specifically show that in September 1965, elements of the Indian Air Force raided the airfield at Peshawar. The attack
damaged the runway, petroleum installations, aircraft hangars, and the PAF headquarters building outside the airfield.

The author noted that the United States Air Force maintained a Signal Intelligence base at Badaber, about 20 miles south of Peshawar, housing the 6937th Communications Group. A large contingent of that group was based near the Peshawar airfield itself. The bombing of Peshawar forced the Americans to evacuate to Iran."

Thanks for asking the source though. You rarely get this type of third party confirmation, that too from USAF personnel..

LOL... and I found another one:
http://www.6937th.org/memories.htm
George Singleton, First Lieutenant, 6937th Group, Det. 2, Karachi . . . . . . here is some overlooked info that many of your good site's readers might enjoy remembering:

1. I was shipped from HQ USAFSS at Kelly AFB, San Antonio, where I had been the Hq. Squadron Commander via Charleston to Karachi, then West Pakistan, to be the Commander, Det. 2, 6937th Comm Gp at the US Embassy in Karachi. My job was as Transportation Officer (Airlift). Initially before SECDEF McNamara imposed his military cost accounting system I as a merely Lieutenant could and did manifest men and material anywhere/everywhere in the world, to and from and through then West Pakistan.

I shipped over to Pakistan in Nov., 1963 and PCSed back to the States in June, 1965. After the Gulf of Tonkin in early 1965 my newest "additional duty" was as Walking Wounded Evacuation Officer for all services military personnel (walking wounded) coming from South Vietnam to Charleston AFB. ***Half our wounded went to Charleston, the other half went to Travis AFB in California, to reduce the visibility of the number of wounded (and KIA) we immediately start to experience once Vietnam went "hot" in early 1965.

I was Liaison Officer with all our Allied Military Attaches in various embassies in Karachi, as well as with Pakistani civilians and military personnel in their Ministry of Defense and Foreign Office. A key quiet part of my job was getting "black box parts" moved out of and into (replacements or repaired parts) to keep our U-2s flying. I was also in charge of while in the Karachi area of Ft. Worth contract engineering teams who worked on and maintained our U-2s.

2. I was carried on the US Air Attache roster for cover purposes but reported directly to Colonel Thomas C. Hyde as his/the 6937th Comm Gp "USAF Liaison Officer."

3. As an additional duty I lived in and ran via Master Sgt. Jack Hever, USAF, Ret., Dec, the Salateen Club.

4. I was promoted in July, 1964 to First Lieutenant while serving as Commander, Det. 2, 6937th Comm Gp in Karachi. ***This website correctly notes my rank on arrival as Second Lieutenant, but overlooks my promotion to First Lieutenant while in Pakistan.

5. My job and work included covering movements of all military and US Government civilian personnel via Maripur Pak Air Base and the Karachi Civil Airport. I was also Liaison with the Army Port Transportation Unit which moved material by train to and from the 6937th in Peshawar. I was also part of the protocol meet and greet team of the Office of the US Air Attache (Colonel Williams, USAF). Additionally, as USAFSS [the 6937th] was part of and under the National Security Agency, I also had a desk in the Office of the CIA Pakistan County Team Chief.

6. As events from January, 1965 (when I was wounded in the Rann of Kutch, where earliest skirmishing of the 1965 India-Pakistan War first began) proved that a hot war was at hand, my work was "pulled into" literally, physically, the US Embassy CIA Team Chief area inside the embassy building. *I was tasked jointly by Colonel Hyde, the US Ambassador, Walter P. McChonaughy, and Jack Schaffer, CIA in country team chief, with writing and starting to implement the 6937th Comm Gp Evacuation Plan.

7. Our biggest move out of Peshawar took place in summer, 1965, just after I PCSed back to the States, and most of our civilian family members and most of our military personnel were relocated by airlift into Turkey, not into Iran as someone else wrote elsewhere on this site.

8. During the last 6 months of my 18 month tour of duty in Karachi (I had a longer tour of duty than you boys who were based in Peshawar for whatever reason) the 6937th ceded the management and control of the Salateen Club to the USMAAG and for housing I was relocated into MAAG staff house next door to the USMAAG Chief, Major General George Ruhlen, USA, Ret., Dec. Gen. Ruhlen's aide de camp was Captain Gerald P. Stadler, USA, who today, 2009 is a 71 year old retired Major General, living in Oklahoma near Ft. Sill. Gerry and I are still very good friends today.

***USMAAG Chief Major General George Ruhlen, USA, as a Lieutenant Colonel of tanks under General Patton secured the Bridge at Remaggen in 1945 as Allied forces defeated the Nazis. Gen. Ruhlen was quite a piece of great American military history.

9. After I PCSed back to the States in June, 1965, the Army and Navy MAAG staff officers who remained in the staff house where I had been living were arrested briefly during the summer 1965 as "enemy spies" by the Pak military and jailed for a week or two somewhere in Karachi. Most of these now all retired officers say little about this arrest history for whatever reason.

This information summarized tells the reader of the formal existence of Det. 2, 6937th Comm Gp in Karachi, where I was the Commanding Officer. Me, Master Sergeant Jack Hever, and over 40 Pakistanis who worked directly for me, most of whom were retired Pakistani military officers of retired ranks of Major and Captain "who knew the ropes" to get things done through Karachi to and from Peshawar to support you guys at the HQ 6937th Comm Gp. in Peshawar.

Also, let's remember our buddies who were tenants on our base in Peshawar, the US Army Security Teams and the Naval Intelligence teams there.

George L. Singleton, Colonel, USAF, Ret.
Hoover, Alabama

Another source: https://books.google.com/books?id=Z...AB#v=onepage&q=ISBN 978-1-4808-0456-2&f=false
Page 65 :
PAF operated USAF Martin/General Dynamics RB-57F Canberra damaged during peshawar raid by IAF. USAF lied to PAF about the damage extent to fly it out of pakistan.

Last edited:
That is called shifting the goal post. How can we launch ground attack on peshawar before even capturing lahore?

Alright then, you guys failed to conquer Pakistan. There, does that sound better to you?

Alright then, you guys failed to conquer Pakistan. There, does that sound better to you?
nah, but whatever suits your boat. I am just thrilled to find out some facts that I didn't know. For example, did you USAF 6937th Group evacuated to turky after IAF bombed their base in pehawar PAF HQ? or that USAF personnell were involved in Rann of Kutch skirmish and wounded?

Part-2

Pakistan's Desire for Kashmir:

Based on the aforementioned reading, current events news
Where's the rest, @Oscar ? You can't set us up and then walk away.
Got a little side tracked, rest will come over the weekend.

So USAF Signal Intel was airlifted to Turkey, not Iran, due to IAF raids on peshawar... who knew??

Airborne to Chairborne: Memoirs of a War Veteran Aviator-Lawyer of the Indian Air Force by A.S Ahluwalia, chapter 16. Oh and there were at least 2 raids on peshawar. He says almost entire B-57 was stationed there during night.
http://www.rediff.com/news/special/when-we-fight-a-war-we-forget-the-danger/20150916.htm - Air Marshall Arjan Singh.
http://web.stanford.edu/group/tomzgroup/pmwiki/uploads/1312-1965-12-KS-a-JHS.pdf - pakistan itself accusing india of attacking peshawar twice, 13 and 27 sept.

And another GEM that I found out!!! An USAF Signal Intel guy claiming he had PTSD (among many other incident) when IAF obliterated his building in Peshawar!!!

"The second incident occurred while the veteran was stationed in Pakistan at a monitoring base involved in monitoring the Soviet Union. War broke out between India and Pakistan. The veteran reported that a warning sounded to evacuate the building, and that right after the veteran left the building it was attacked and pulverized by an air strike of Indian planes making a direct hit...."

http://www.va.gov/vetapp08/files4/0829498.txt

It goes on to list his boss/colleague confirming the incident (his name is redacted)!!
And then, it states this -

"Lastly, the veteran has submitted a copy of several pages of a publication, "The India-Pakistan Air War of 1965,"
published in 2005 by an author and publisher in India. That book reports on that war; and the portions submitted
specifically show that in September 1965, elements of the Indian Air Force raided the airfield at Peshawar. The attack
damaged the runway, petroleum installations, aircraft hangars, and the PAF headquarters building outside the airfield.

The author noted that the United States Air Force maintained a Signal Intelligence base at Badaber, about 20 miles south of Peshawar, housing the 6937th Communications Group. A large contingent of that group was based near the Peshawar airfield itself. The bombing of Peshawar forced the Americans to evacuate to Iran."

Thanks for asking the source though. You rarely get this type of third party confirmation, that too from USAF personnel..

LOL... and I found another one:
http://www.6937th.org/memories.htm
George Singleton, First Lieutenant, 6937th Group, Det. 2, Karachi . . . . . . here is some overlooked info that many of your good site's readers might enjoy remembering:

1. I was shipped from HQ USAFSS at Kelly AFB, San Antonio, where I had been the Hq. Squadron Commander via Charleston to Karachi, then West Pakistan, to be the Commander, Det. 2, 6937th Comm Gp at the US Embassy in Karachi. My job was as Transportation Officer (Airlift). Initially before SECDEF McNamara imposed his military cost accounting system I as a merely Lieutenant could and did manifest men and material anywhere/everywhere in the world, to and from and through then West Pakistan.

I shipped over to Pakistan in Nov., 1963 and PCSed back to the States in June, 1965. After the Gulf of Tonkin in early 1965 my newest "additional duty" was as Walking Wounded Evacuation Officer for all services military personnel (walking wounded) coming from South Vietnam to Charleston AFB. ***Half our wounded went to Charleston, the other half went to Travis AFB in California, to reduce the visibility of the number of wounded (and KIA) we immediately start to experience once Vietnam went "hot" in early 1965.

I was Liaison Officer with all our Allied Military Attaches in various embassies in Karachi, as well as with Pakistani civilians and military personnel in their Ministry of Defense and Foreign Office. A key quiet part of my job was getting "black box parts" moved out of and into (replacements or repaired parts) to keep our U-2s flying. I was also in charge of while in the Karachi area of Ft. Worth contract engineering teams who worked on and maintained our U-2s.

2. I was carried on the US Air Attache roster for cover purposes but reported directly to Colonel Thomas C. Hyde as his/the 6937th Comm Gp "USAF Liaison Officer."

3. As an additional duty I lived in and ran via Master Sgt. Jack Hever, USAF, Ret., Dec, the Salateen Club.

4. I was promoted in July, 1964 to First Lieutenant while serving as Commander, Det. 2, 6937th Comm Gp in Karachi. ***This website correctly notes my rank on arrival as Second Lieutenant, but overlooks my promotion to First Lieutenant while in Pakistan.

5. My job and work included covering movements of all military and US Government civilian personnel via Maripur Pak Air Base and the Karachi Civil Airport. I was also Liaison with the Army Port Transportation Unit which moved material by train to and from the 6937th in Peshawar. I was also part of the protocol meet and greet team of the Office of the US Air Attache (Colonel Williams, USAF). Additionally, as USAFSS [the 6937th] was part of and under the National Security Agency, I also had a desk in the Office of the CIA Pakistan County Team Chief.

6. As events from January, 1965 (when I was wounded in the Rann of Kutch, where earliest skirmishing of the 1965 India-Pakistan War first began) proved that a hot war was at hand, my work was "pulled into" literally, physically, the US Embassy CIA Team Chief area inside the embassy building. *I was tasked jointly by Colonel Hyde, the US Ambassador, Walter P. McChonaughy, and Jack Schaffer, CIA in country team chief, with writing and starting to implement the 6937th Comm Gp Evacuation Plan.

7. Our biggest move out of Peshawar took place in summer, 1965, just after I PCSed back to the States, and most of our civilian family members and most of our military personnel were relocated by airlift into Turkey, not into Iran as someone else wrote elsewhere on this site.

8. During the last 6 months of my 18 month tour of duty in Karachi (I had a longer tour of duty than you boys who were based in Peshawar for whatever reason) the 6937th ceded the management and control of the Salateen Club to the USMAAG and for housing I was relocated into MAAG staff house next door to the USMAAG Chief, Major General George Ruhlen, USA, Ret., Dec. Gen. Ruhlen's aide de camp was Captain Gerald P. Stadler, USA, who today, 2009 is a 71 year old retired Major General, living in Oklahoma near Ft. Sill. Gerry and I are still very good friends today.

***USMAAG Chief Major General George Ruhlen, USA, as a Lieutenant Colonel of tanks under General Patton secured the Bridge at Remaggen in 1945 as Allied forces defeated the Nazis. Gen. Ruhlen was quite a piece of great American military history.

9. After I PCSed back to the States in June, 1965, the Army and Navy MAAG staff officers who remained in the staff house where I had been living were arrested briefly during the summer 1965 as "enemy spies" by the Pak military and jailed for a week or two somewhere in Karachi. Most of these now all retired officers say little about this arrest history for whatever reason.

This information summarized tells the reader of the formal existence of Det. 2, 6937th Comm Gp in Karachi, where I was the Commanding Officer. Me, Master Sergeant Jack Hever, and over 40 Pakistanis who worked directly for me, most of whom were retired Pakistani military officers of retired ranks of Major and Captain "who knew the ropes" to get things done through Karachi to and from Peshawar to support you guys at the HQ 6937th Comm Gp. in Peshawar.

Also, let's remember our buddies who were tenants on our base in Peshawar, the US Army Security Teams and the Naval Intelligence teams there.

George L. Singleton, Colonel, USAF, Ret.
Hoover, Alabama

Another source: https://books.google.com/books?id=ZVvKAgAAQBAJ&pg=PR3&lpg=PR3&dq=ISBN+978-1-4808-0456-2&source=bl&ots=58xyPevmkD&sig=3S4g7sTVOi0zob9viCBZsSzfPgc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi53sTYx_bNAhUP8WMKHdzQBY8Q6AEIITAB#v=onepage&q=ISBN 978-1-4808-0456-2&f=false
Page 65 :
PAF operated USAF Martin/General Dynamics RB-57F Canberra damaged during peshawar raid by IAF. USAF lied to PAF about the damage extent to fly it out of pakistan.
Again, you are shifting the goalposts while accusing others of doing so.

First, please dont refer to a Indian book published by PVS Jagan Mohan without actually reading it.

The USAF was NOT based out of PAF Peshawar but a place called PAF Badaber which was hit. Badaber is a DIFFERENT AIRBASE which is near Peshawar(probably why the IAF could not tell what it hit, just like they could not tell they hit a whole lot of dummy aircraft in East Pakistan while leaving Dhaka generally unscathed with all its Sabres). That is the problem with the typical internet user like you going around doing two minute searches and pretending they are the next Tom Clancy.

The USAF assets at Badaber included their U-2s and a flight of RB-57F's that were operated by the PAF on behalf of the USAF. There were two of these aircraft which are different from B-57s( someone with actual knowledge and not nationalist spite would know). They were based there because the intelligence they gathered was directly for the Americans.

So, I'll repeat before; post something of substance after actual research or take your parroting elsewhere.. lest I make you with your LoLs and other ignorant attempts.

Part-2

Pakistan's Desire for Kashmir:

Based on the aforementioned reading, current events news

Got a little side tracked, rest will come over the weekend.

Again, you are shifting the goalposts while accusing others of doing so.

First, please dont refer to a Indian book published by PVS Jagan Mohan without actually reading it.

The USAF was NOT based out of PAF Peshawar but a place called PAF Badaber which was hit. Badaber is a DIFFERENT AIRBASE which is near Peshawar(probably why the IAF could not tell what it hit, just like they could not tell they hit a whole lot of dummy aircraft in East Pakistan while leaving Dhaka generally unscathed with all its Sabres). That is the problem with the typical internet user like you going around doing two minute searches and pretending they are the next Tom Clancy.

The USAF assets at Badaber included their U-2s and a flight of RB-57F's that were operated by the PAF on behalf of the USAF. There were two of these aircraft which are different from B-57s( someone with actual knowledge and not nationalist spite would know). They were based there because the intelligence they gathered was directly for the Americans.

So, I'll repeat before; post something of substance after actual research or take your parroting elsewhere.. lest I make you with your LoLs and other ignorant attempts.

Did you bother to even glance at the source? -

"...and the portions submitted specifically show that in September 1965, elements of the Indian Air Force raided the airfield at Peshawar. The attack damaged the runway, petroleum installations, aircraft hangars, and the PAF headquarters building outside the airfield.

The author noted that the United States Air Force maintained a Signal Intelligence base at Badaber, about 20 miles south of Peshawar, housing the 6937th Communications Group. A large contingent of that group was based near the Peshawar airfield itself. The bombing of Peshawar forced the Americans to evacuate to Iran.

Taken altogether, the above discussed evidence provides sufficient verification of the air attack described by the veteran."

Another excerpt (in my words) from posted source:

"On 12th Dec 1962, PAF established 24 ELINT at Peshawar AFB... ... damage was caused during heroic efforts by Iqbal (Sqd ldr Mohammad Iqbal) to protect the aircarft from IAF attacks on their airbase" That is where PEE WEE 1 was damaged the USAF had it flown out of pakistan to protect it (they had to lie about the damage that it was very severe and needed repairs in US)..

Doesn't it establish that IAF indeed struck Peshawar AFB?

Last edited:
Did you bother to even glance at the source? -

"...and the portions submitted specifically show that in September 1965, elements of the Indian Air Force raided the airfield at Peshawar. The attack damaged the runway, petroleum installations, aircraft hangars, and the PAF headquarters building outside the airfield.

The author noted that the United States Air Force maintained a Signal Intelligence base at Badaber, about 20 miles south of Peshawar, housing the 6937th Communications Group. A large contingent of that group was based near the Peshawar airfield itself. The bombing of Peshawar forced the Americans to evacuate to Iran.

Taken altogether, the above discussed evidence provides sufficient verification of the air attack described by the veteran."

Another excerpt (in my words) from posted source:

"On 12th Dec 1962, PAF established 24 ELINT at Peshawar AFB... ... damage was caused during heroic efforts by Iqbal (Sqd ldr Mohammad Iqbal) to protect the aircarft from IAF attacks on their airbase" That is where PEE WEE 1 was damaged the USAF had it flown out of pakistan to protect it (they had to lie about the damage that it was very severe and needed repairs in US)..

Doesn't it establish that IAF indeed struck Peshawar AFB?

None of the Damage purported was caused at Peshawar. Unlike you, I know the sources quoted.
https://www.amazon.com/India-Pakistan-Air-War-1965/dp/8173046417

Go read this man's book..
https://www.amazon.com/Flight-Falcon-Demolishing-Myths-1965-1971/dp/9694025265

He is respected even by the authors of that book in India.

Nothing much was hit in Peshawar.
The attack described is at Badaber.

None of the Damage purported was caused at Peshawar. Unlike you, I know the sources quoted.
https://www.amazon.com/India-Pakistan-Air-War-1965/dp/8173046417

Go read this man's book..
https://www.amazon.com/Flight-Falcon-Demolishing-Myths-1965-1971/dp/9694025265

He is respected even by the authors of that book in India.

Nothing much was hit in Peshawar.
The attack described is at Badaber.
Badaber was a listening post, it didn't have a runway, even today!!!! U-2s and PEE WEE 3 (1 and 2) used PAF Peshawar AFB., like Peshawar Airport (at least back then) .. you should know this!!

PS: I noticed "no attack on peshawar" to "nothing much was hit"..
PPS: PVS Jagan's own words indicate attack was PAF HQ in Peshawar. He says USAF personnel were also deployed in PAF HQ, which was hit. This is the same book given as evidence by ret. USAF guy to prove he had PTSD because of this incident.

Badaber was a listening post, it didn't have a runway, even today!!!! U-2s and PEE WEE 3 (1 and 2) used PAF Peshawar AFB., like Peshawar Airport (at least back then) .. you should know this!!

PS: I noticed "no attack on peshawar" to "nothing much was hit"..
PPS: PVS Jagan's own words indicate attack was PAF HQ in Peshawar. He says USAF personnel were also deployed in PAF HQ, which was hit. This is the same book given as evidence by ret. USAF guy to prove he had PTSD because of this incident.

Perhaps you dont read what you post..or you are just wasting mine and everyone's time(ill take care of that based on your next post)

PAF Badaber is the only installation where USAF/CIA operations were based. The ONLY liaison they have at PAF Peshawar airbase with the Runway is a single officer which would be supplemented by personnel only at time of U-2 operations(there were no U-2 operations during the 65 war, and Pee-WEE 2 was part of 2 USAF B-57's operated by RAF pilots).

Contrary to your initial stupid claim of the entire PAF retreating to Peshawar which you tried to run away from by posting this tangential nonsense; the PAF had 16 sq which had F-86's and 2 RB-57F aircraft; NONE of which were damaged as per the claims in the book by PVS jagan mohan which you tried to pass off as actual fact by thinking an American source cant be questioned( the fact that it is from a VA site where veterans file for claims you can ignore because it takes honesty of purpose to find a good source). So if the Veteran was hit, it was BADABER that was hit and not PAF Peshawar.

The attack you talk about has been well documented in the book by ACdre Sajjad Haider who was the officer that led the devastating attack on IAF Pathankot that has even PVS Jagan Mohan stated that he "is the true and forever hero of the 65 war".

Back
Top Bottom