What's new

History of Pashtuns-Updates And Discussions

1644885722157.png

Afridi tribesmen, 1910.

Photo taken by Keppel Arnold (published in his book "Gun-running and the north-west frontier")

@Sainthood 101 @Imad.Khan @TNT @ziaulislam @Dalit @akramishaqkhan

I read somewhere that Afridi are actually Punjabi, is that true?

Could just be BS, but unsure

It certainly is BS because afridi history and ancestory is well known. They are pure pashtoons. What u said is about khattaks, because they cant find their roots in Afghanistan. Some people say khattaks are actually mughals and they even fought for mughals against yousafzai pashtoons.

It certainly is BS because afridi history and ancestory is well known. They are pure pashtoons. What u said is about khattaks, because they cant find their roots in Afghanistan. Some people say khattaks are actually mughals and they even fought for mughals against yousafzai pashtoons.
yall are not locals to your lands (cause you are saying root in Afghanistan not that this land itself was part of afghan territory)?
migrants from Afghanistan if yeah than when did Pashtuns started settling the areas of modern day KP,
Yousafzai and potohari/hindko people DNA was found in Ghandhara civilization if memory serves me right, so if I am correct this migration must be very old
@kingQamaR was saying something different afaik (that Pashtuns of KP are locals of their land), I don't know whose version is correct

yall are not locals to your lands (cause you are saying root in Afghanistan not that this land itself was part of afghan territory)?
migrants from Afghanistan if yeah than when did Pashtuns started settling the areas of modern day KP,
Yousafzai and potohari/hindko people DNA was found in Ghandhara civilization if memory serves me right, so if I am correct this migration must be very old
@kingQamaR was saying something different afaik (that Pashtuns of KP are locals of their land), I don't know whose version is correct
Depends different tribes settled at different times

Some are very recent

For example the pushtoons of haripur (espcially the mashwani tribe)settled just 400-500 years ago after infighting with other tribes

They intially settled first in planes of haripur but after losing heavily to sicks they went up the mountains. Later they joined hands with british against the sikhs.

Every tribe has a different story

Afraidi khattack yousufzai tribes have interesting stories too

Depends different tribes settled at different times

Some are very recent

For example the pushtoons of haripur (espcially the mashwani tribe)settled just 400-500 years ago after infighting with other tribes

They intially settled first in planes of haripur but after losing heavily to sicks they went up the mountains. Later they joined hands with british against the sikhs.

Every tribe has a different story

Afraidi khattack yousufzai tribes have interesting stories too
I am yousafzai, yet i know almost nothing about my tribe history

I am from Kakar tribe, my grandpa told me how we used to have wars with Baloch a long time ago

He also told me how there were Hindu Kakars and Hindu holdiays used to be celebrated in Quetta and some villages. Those hindus moved to Gujurat and Rajasthan in 1947.

My mom is from Shirani tribe., their Pashto is very distinct like the Waziris. I was also told by some elders on my moms side that we used to have wars with Waziris.

Btw rora here's a website thats run by the twitter account Baramzid (@Pashz7) thats on Yousafzai tribe.

1645039659971.png

Plan of the Waziri attack on Wana Camp on 3rd November 1894: Waziristan campaign, 3rd November to March 1895, on the North-West Frontier: plan by John Fawkes

@Sainthood 101 @Imad.Khan @TNT @ziaulislam @Dalit @akramishaqkhan @Muhammad Saftain Anjum @kingQamaR

Last edited:

Pashtuns are not local to most of KPK. Pashtuns first started to arrive in KPK with the army of muhammad of Ghor or as we call him ghauri. Some tribes migrated before that but those were in small numbers. The yousafzais came later in the end of 1400s. The yousafzais are not local to KPK at all. They first arrived near Peshawar and defeated mughal allies dalazak and then moved northward, defeating awais swati who was also mughal ally. All these were non pashtuns and today all these areas, sawabi, mardan, dir, swat, bajaur, shangla, buner, torghar are dominated by yousafzai pashtuns.

Pashtuns are not local to most of KPK. Pashtuns first started to arrive in KPK with the army of muhammad of Ghor or as we call him ghauri. Some tribes migrated before that but those were in small numbers. The yousafzais came later in the end of 1400s. The yousafzais are not local to KPK at all. They first arrived near Peshawar and defeated mughal allies dalazak and then moved northward, defeating awais swati who was also mughal ally. All these were non pashtuns and today all these areas, sawabi, mardan, dir, swat, bajaur, shangla, buner, torghar are dominated by yousafzai pashtuns.
SO y'all had nothing to do with Ghandhara civilization?, I cant find it but I swear I saw a thread where they had DNA's of people living in Ghandhara civillization
Y'all ethnically cleansed locals or sheer size of migrations started outnumbering locals?

SO y'all had nothing to do with Ghandhara civilization?, I cant find it but I swear I saw a thread where they had DNA's of people living in Ghandhara civillization
Y'all ethnically cleansed locals or sheer size of migrations started outnumbering locals?

Mostly locals were defeated and their lands taken, some got allied and the rest left. Well its called hindukush for a reason. I know about those DNA stories and some wrote they found some ppl calling themselves ispozai or something but the fact that yousafzai arrived recently 500-600 years ago and fought wars and moved towards the north is enough evidence.
The yousafzai tradition was that the captured or surrendered locals were inducted into the society and given pre determined roles. Like they would mostly serve the yousafzai and do the low level work. With hundreds of years passed, those locals got embeded and they became yousafzai. This might be the reason they found gandhara DNA in yousafzai.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom