What's new

History of Pashtuns-Updates And Discussions

Mostly locals were defeated and their lands taken, some got allied and the rest left. Well its called hindukush for a reason. I know about those DNA stories and some wrote they found some ppl calling themselves ispozai or something but the fact that yousafzai arrived recently 500-600 years ago and fought wars and moved towards the north is enough evidence.
The yousafzai tradition was that the captured or surrendered locals were inducted into the society and given pre determined roles. Like they would mostly serve the yousafzai and do the low level work. With hundreds of years passed, those locals got embeded and they became yousafzai. This might be the reason they found gandhara DNA in yousafzai.
that's one brutal/barbaric history makes my heart wrench with sorrow, thank god history isn't taught in our country or it'll destroy a lot of our misconceptions

Last edited:
that's one brutal/barbaric history makes my heart wrench with sorrow, thank god history isn't taught in our country or it'll destroy a lot of our misconceptions

History is always brutal and barbaric. The more u read the more ull know. Others were infact more barbaric than us.

1645513476060.png

A Pashtun Bank chowkidaar, Karachi, Pakistan, undated. Postcard photo.

@Sainthood 101 @Imad.Khan @TNT @ziaulislam @Dalit @akramishaqkhan

1645650726126.png

Mahsud Pashtuns of Waziristan, 1948. From "London Illustrated News", January 3, 1948. Captions: 1- "A typical Mahsud : his tribe occupy the greater part of the Southern mountains of Waziristan". 2- "Member of the fiercest and most turbulent tribes of the North West Frontier : A Mahsud". 3- "A Mahsud of Waziristan: Frontier tribes have been in constant conflict with the British".

@Sainthood 101 @Imad.Khan @TNT @ziaulislam @Dalit @akramishaqkhan

Mostly locals were defeated and their lands taken, some got allied and the rest left. Well its called hindukush for a reason. I know about those DNA stories and some wrote they found some ppl calling themselves ispozai or something but the fact that yousafzai arrived recently 500-600 years ago and fought wars and moved towards the north is enough evidence.
The yousafzai tradition was that the captured or surrendered locals were inducted into the society and given pre determined roles. Like they would mostly serve the yousafzai and do the low level work. With hundreds of years passed, those locals got embeded and they became yousafzai. This might be the reason they found gandhara DNA in yousafzai.
It's not that merely that "Gandharan DNA was found among Yusufzai" rather Yusufzai are genetically extremely close to ancient Gandharan samples found from Barikot.

For example, the genetic distance between the Barikot_IA and Yusufzai sample groups is around 0.026, to put that into perspective, that is similar to the genetic distance between an Italian from Venice compared to an Italian from Tuscany, or an Azeri from Azerbaijan compared to an Azeri from Iran.

1645653038999.png

Now the fact that the Yusufzai (and other Pakistani tribes/ethnic groups) are so astoundingly close to genetic samples from Iron-age Gandhara, nearly over 3,000 years ago, is incredibly mind-boggling.

It shows that although Pashtuns of KPK have their linguistic origins from elsewhere, they are genetically native. Suggesting that the ancestral group (of Pashtuns) that migrated into KPK were far more less in population than the native groups that they assimilated.

It's not that merely that "Gandharan DNA was found among Yusufzai" rather Yusufzai are genetically extremely close to ancient Gandharan samples found from Barikot.

For example, the genetic distance between the Barikot_IA and Yusufzai sample groups is around 0.026, to put that into perspective, that is similar to the genetic distance between an Italian from Venice compared to an Italian from Tuscany, or an Azeri from Azerbaijan compared to an Azeri from Iran.

View attachment 817996

Now the fact that the Yusufzai (and other Pakistani tribes/ethnic groups) are so astoundingly close to genetic samples from Iron-age Gandhara, nearly over 3,000 years ago, is incredibly mind-boggling.

It shows that although Pashtuns of KPK have their linguistic origins from elsewhere, they are genetically native. Suggesting that the ancestral group (of Pashtuns) that migrated into KPK were far more less in population than the native groups that they assimilated.

Its not as if we are talking about thousands of years ago, yousafzai invaded malakand and said areas in 1500s and its a well established fact among scholars. Yousafzai original last known place was south kabul, they were in competition with mirza ughlag baig, they killed most yousafzai elders in betrayal and thus yousafzai migrated and assembled their forces with malak ahmad khan as leader, whose mosoleum is still in malakand. So should i believe well known, documented and sure facts or some studies that God knows where they got their samples from or where they got gandhara 3000 yr old samples from.

1647033578593.png

Jinnah receiving a rifle from Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel (Afridi), 1948. Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel played a very active role in the Pashtunistan movement. In 1952 Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel, Malik Said Khan Zakha Khel and Maulvi Ghairat Gul of Jamiat Ulema-e Islam called a jirga of the Afridis, at Mamanri to take decisions about Pakhtunistan. Pakistan Air Force dropped bombs on the Afridi jirga, killing 18 men. Three days after the incident, Pakistani government destroyed the house of Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel.

@Sainthood 101 @Imad.Khan @TNT @ziaulislam @Dalit @akramishaqkhan @Muhammad Saftain Anjum

View attachment 823288

Jinnah receiving a rifle from Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel (Afridi), 1948. Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel played a very active role in the Pashtunistan movement. In 1952 Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel, Malik Said Khan Zakha Khel and Maulvi Ghairat Gul of Jamiat Ulema-e Islam called a jirga of the Afridis, at Mamanri to take decisions about Pakhtunistan. Pakistan Air Force dropped bombs on the Afridi jirga, killing 18 men. Three days after the incident, Pakistani government destroyed the house of Malik Wali Khan Kuki Khel.

@Sainthood 101 @Imad.Khan @TNT @ziaulislam @Dalit @akramishaqkhan @Muhammad Saftain Anjum

Nice share.
His great grandson is my relative, though am not afridi. I will share the story of the strikes some other time, but it shows the early blunders and treachery to the nation.

Nice share.
His great grandson is my relative, though am not afridi. I will share the story of the strikes some other time, but it shows the early blunders and treachery to the nation.

Dera manana rora jaan. Moog bayeed la akhpalo ghaltiyono zada karo.

Our ancestors got fooled by dirty politics and politicians, that's why I like to post history stuff here because a lot of stuff gets lost online and this is the perfect place to record and keep it.

Little something I heard years ago

Masjid ar-Rahman was set up by Muslims from Peshawar (the Khans) . It was originally made out of wood bamboo prior to the building below . I also heard from an old man years ago who’s dead now hes name was Mir Khan and he used to shuffle when he walked . They were the original indentured labourers ie slaves brought here by the British .

Spanish Town, Jamaica Masjid​

Spanish-Town-Mosque.jpg
Spanish Town Mosque
POSTED BY: SHAYKH SAFFRAZ BACCHUS JANUARY 22, 2013

This masjid is located in Spanish Town, Jamaica. It was built in 1957 by an Indian immigrant Mohammed Khan. His son Naim Khan is the current imam (pray leader) at the masjid. Known as Masjid Ar-Rahman (Masjid of the Most Compassionate) it was the first mosque to be built in Jamaica. Note the sugar cane field at the far end of the picture. In the 19th century, thousands of Indians were brought to the Caribbean indentured to sugar cane plantations. About 20% of these indentured immigrants were Muslims. Their influence remains in these parts, more particularly in Trinidad and Guyana.

Dera manana rora jaan. Moog bayeed la akhpalo ghaltiyono zada karo.

Our ancestors got fooled by dirty politics and politicians, that's why I like to post history stuff here because a lot of stuff gets lost online and this is the perfect place to record and keep it.

Sometimes mistakes and sometimes betrayed, these were the ppl that took AJK and GB for Pakistan, they deserve alot of respect.
Would be nice if there is a pashto poetry thread, can add ghani khan, rehman baba and hamza baba poetry when in mood.

Sometimes mistakes and sometimes betrayed, these were the ppl that took AJK and GB for Pakistan, they deserve alot of respect.
Would be nice if there is a pashto poetry thread, can add ghani khan, rehman baba and hamza baba poetry when in mood.

True. I also agree we should open something on Pashto poetry along with Pashto music and culture.

View attachment 823288

Seems like the lad had a change of heart

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom