What's new

JF-17 Anti Ship Missile (C-802)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed...Pakistan got this far through incremental advancements, and I think we've reached that point with AShM as well. Locally, we have the necessary expertise to develop our own AShM. These sorts of weapon-systems must be indigenously produced no matter what, in war we should not rely on outsiders (even China!) for such weapon-systems. We should never end up in an Argentina-type situation where someone is selling out vital information about our AAM, PGBs, AShM, ASM, etc.

All that said, I wouldn't mind seeing Pakistan develop its own GPS satellite system in the next 15-20 years either. It doesn't have to be global, but should be regional in the sense of covering all of South Asia, Central Asia & Middle East.

Some things are cheaper to buy than to develop deploy. With GPS, there is no need, as there is no market. For others Russia and China are already developing their own. Why should we reinvent the wheel? We can do JVs just like the Chinese AWACs and JF-17s...now pretty much J-10s.

We can always have people get trained, but deploying GPS even for South Asia is a large step. Maybe we should launch a spy sat first....

Given the floods, i doubt if we can increase the military funding and funding for it's new projects at the same time.

Hi, I am not trying to be harsh in this post. But , Pakistan build its own GPS? Is this a joke? How about Pakistan first rebuild its roads and rehabilitate its flood victims. Building a GPS system takes talent and resources that a country like Pakistan does not have. Thanks!

As for JF-17, it has its options and C-802 is obviously one of them, but depending on the customer, it may also use Exocet. Another thing to look out for is the possibility of Pakistan producing its own AShM, either through a solely indigenous effort or in a joint-venture - potentially Turkey and its Atmaca AShM. I'd imagine in the long-run Pakistan would try to acquire an AShM with 250-300km range, and this would find its way onto JF-17...

If you remember the harpoon episode. The first reply Pakistan gave that the missile you are talking about is not harpoon but our own new missile. However they didn't talk about it later but somethings is going on and might be getting tests too....Thats why some people confused it with Harpoon (As they might have thought we dont have any other missile).?

Hi, I am not trying to be harsh in this post. But , Pakistan build its own GPS? Is this a joke? How about Pakistan first rebuild its roads and rehabilitate its flood victims. Building a GPS system takes talent and resources that a country like Pakistan does not have. Thanks!
I'd rather we not be so shortsighted and direct blame away from the root problems we're facing. Recover from the floods and then await for a new one to decimate us again? And again? And again and again and again? Obviously there is a problem and it isn't the floods, it is the fact that we have corruption and shortsightedness strangling our progress. Cut down as many programs as you want and squash as many ideas, but you're not going to solve the root problems of this country by continuously rehabilitating.

What we need to do is tackle the root issues of corruption and inefficiency, so that when we do have another flood, its effects will not be as devastating and recovery will not be a needlessly uphill task. The more we get into this circular mentality of recovering and cutting down, then we will just sign ourselves off from bigger potential.

We got through a massive nuclear program, spanning both uranium and plutonium weapon-systems, as well as R&D into plutonium reactors. If we can get past that much, we can address GPS.

As for relying on cheaper options, then go ahead by all means do it if you surely think the Chinese will have our back during tough times. Trust me, whenever a nation is branded with a particular mark, no one is going to support it - it'll be signed off as a lost cause as well.

That said, we should stop legitimizing this current establishment...why cut our defence needs to please their corruption? If we spent half as much time giving flack to the establishment for choking our true wealth as we did with cutting defence and strangling ideas, we'd be in a better situation. For example, I can't name a doomed to fail farmer state have nukes before Pakistan did...so why should anything else be different?

And in war, I'd rather not have our forces resort to using dumb bombs when in fact they can use PGBs, ALCMs, and other precision-guided systems HAD our country equipped itself with at least a regional GPS system covering mos of India, Afghanistan & the Arabian Sea.

Last edited:
This missile can be intercepted....Because its not SuperSonic . Anything which is Not supersonic is not good.

Could you perhaps cite instances in which this missile or another like it has been "intercepted"??

Could also explain why this particular missile ought to be "supersonic"? As I understand it is supersonic in the terminal phase of it's mission.

Could you perhaps cite instances in which this missile or another like it has been "intercepted"??

Could also explain why this particular missile ought to be "supersonic"? As I understand it is supersonic in the terminal phase of it's mission.

Comeon bro can't you see that he is joking?:rofl:

C-801/C-802 anti-ship cruise missiles: These missiles, also known as the Eagles -8 and the Eagles hit a missile hit -82, its combat power is equivalent to the French Exocet missiles. C-802 missiles are equipped with solid rocket boosters to increase the range. Ships, ground vehicles and aircraft can launch the anti-ship cruise missiles.

Source

C-802 hard to intercept coz of its low attack flight path (only five to seven meters above the sea surface) and strong anti-jamming capability.

If a speed of C-802 moves a bit up ..like near to Mach 2....then it may become letheal.

24fn1c7.jpg

C-802 hard to intercept coz of its low attack flight path (only five to seven meters above the sea surface) and strong anti-jamming capability.

If a speed of C-802 moves a bit up ..like near to Mach 2....then it may become letheal.

The single-shot hit of the Yingji missile is already 98%. I don't think raising the attack speed from mach 1.6 to mach 2 is necessary.

The single-shot hit of the Yingji missile is already 98%. I don't think raising the attack speed from mach 1.6 to mach 2 is necessary.

The attacking %age might be that of a target that is not trying to defend itself. So where 98% "hitting ratio" might be indicates a good tracking and target-seeking ability, it doesn't or might not necessarily be guaranteeing it would kill 98% of times it attempts.

Pakistan also has Harpoon Missiles. How in operation is this missile different from Harpoons and why is C-802 an advantage where Harpoons are not. If higher speed is its edge over the Harpoons then BrahMos will surely have an edge over C-802. Do you agree?

And a 3rd question which is derived from the second paragraph that if this is the case, why are we getting more and more Ships if they are all defenseless against an incoming missile like BrahMos. I am deriving this question from the fact that if C-802 is hard to counter, BrahMos will be more harder to counter. Yea?

Can somebody expert enlighten us all about these aspects?

The attacking %age might be that of a target that is not trying to defend itself. So where 98% "hitting ratio" might be indicates a good tracking and target-seeking ability, it doesn't or might not necessarily be guaranteeing it would kill 98% of times it attempts.

Yes; 98% means that out of 100 trials 98 times the given missile was able to track & destroy the target
Pakistan also has Harpoon Missiles. How in operation is this missile different from Harpoons and why is C-802 an advantage where Harpoons are not. If higher speed is its edge over the Harpoons then BrahMos will surely have an edge over C-802. Do you agree?
Harpoon was doing its job well; however its the political scenarios that we have to acquire C-802. Remember last time they blamed us of modifying harpoons for land attack purposes!!
by the way unit cost too is high
And a 3rd question which is derived from the second paragraph that if this is the case, why are we getting more and more Ships if they are all defenseless against an incoming missile like BrahMos. I am deriving this question from the fact that if C-802 is hard to counter, BrahMos will be more harder to counter. Yea?

Being ramjet powered the Brahmos suffers from high altitude detection & interception. Its min altitude above sea level is 10m while C-802 is about 3m; however Brahmos is popular because of its high destructive power; owing to high speed say ~twice of C-802 its penetration & kinetic blow will be twice deadly than C-802. Being a Russian legacy of making things spacious its warhead too is ~twice heavy roughly 200kg as opposed to 110kg for C-802.
So in a way a single shot of Brahmos can take down a cruiser ship which otherwise will require two C-802

but ppl the range of barhamos is nearly twice the range of c-802 right so it means pak ships will be destroyed before it can launch its own missile no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom