What's new

Surface To Air Missiles operated by Pakistan

Friends who talked to Russian Guys during IDEAS are all convinced Pakistan either have reached a deal for PANTSIR or about too. Because Russians were clearly hinting that there is a deal but not sharing any further details.

@Horus @Path-Finder

Any hope to get HQ-9 or any long range SAM system ?
What was interesting for me was apart from 3 different MANPADS which were on display on Chinese stalls. There were two Air Defence systems which caught me eye. One obviously was HQ-9 but the other one was Sky Dragon.

Friends who talked to Russian Guys during IDEAS are all convinced Pakistan either have reached a deal for PANTSIR or about too. Because Russians were clearly hinting that there is a deal but not sharing any further details.

@Horus @Path-Finder

What was interesting for me was apart from 3 different MANPADS which were on display on Chinese stalls. There were two Air Defence systems which caught me eye. One obviously was HQ-9 but the other one was Sky Dragon.
Hazrat any talk on potential export of HQ-9 to Pak?????

@Horus @Path-Finder

more junk ??????????? why we need it>>>>

Hazrat any talk on potential export of HQ-9 to Pak?????
PAF told some delegates that they are considering it. Also display of Sky Dragon Air Defence system could be a signal also

@Horus @Path-Finder

Various system from multiple companies not all products are from a single company
Ly-80 and sky dragon from medium range Sam from two different companies

Ly-80 is superior as its vertical
Launch and has thrust vectoring. Vs sky dragon which needs mechanical positioning of launcher in direction and no thrust vetting or at least I Am not aware

Check out Chinese ideas coverage in the other thread I posted

Lastly chines has now also developed a short range Sam with gun system and radar on single vehicle like panstir to cover moving battle field forces and firing on them move

Last edited:
Pakistan interested in buying long range FD-2000 Air defence system from China.

Pakistan interested in buying long range FD-2000 Air defence system from China.
FD-2000 have been in news for years now! I do hope we get some batteries of these and along with HQ-16A it will be a good missile based air defense setup with limited ABM capability. We can later add HQ-19 version to take it up a notch to proper ABM level.

FD-2000 have been in news for years now! I do hope we get some batteries of these and along with HQ-16A it will be a good missile based air defense setup with limited ABM capability. We can later add HQ-19 version to take it up a notch to proper ABM level.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) tweeted about it and few other are saying about FD-2000.

It is a good system with range of 125 to 200 km and come with multiple missiles basically an advance version of Russian S-300 but with better and more efficient RADAR. I am in favor of the system.

One thing that should be considered is the systems immunity to RADAR jamming. I have no knowledge of this. If some one knows how good is system against jamming that info will be appreciated.

Crotale SAM

Serving Pakistan Air Space Protection Since 1980's (100 + Units)

crotale_SAM.jpg

HQ-2B (Reference)
Kapila, Viney (2002). The Indian Air Force, a Balanced Strategic and Tactical Application. Prabhat Prakashan. ISBN 9788187100997. Zaloga, Steven (2007). Red SAM: The SA-2 Guideline Anti-Aircraft Missile. Osprey Publishing. p. 40. ISBN 9781846030628.

Sa-2camo.jpg

Sky Guard + Swiss Anti Aircraft puppies
Serial Production with Europe
oerlik_SkyguardADS.jpg

FIM-92 Stinger- Stinger Missile

AnZA - Made in Pakistan (Serial Production)
Anza Mk-I
Anza Mk-II
Anza Mk-III
Anza_Mk-I_man-portable_air_defense_missile_system_manpads_Pakistan_Pakistani_army_defense_industry_640_002.jpg

2m6a8et.jpg

Sweedish Gift

RBS70.jpg

PG99 (CS/SA1) , Mounted Chinese Gift

CSSA-1-SPAAG-1S.jpg

SPADA (SAM)
7_air_defence.jpg

Chinese SAM(???)
HMMM, what do you think brave pilots
HQ-16ABC+LY80+Surface-to-Air+Missile+sam+plaaf+pla+china+export+type+054abc+-+%25283%2529.jpg

Some systems look really good.

story of fd2k goes back to 2004/5

story of fd2k goes back to 2004/5
yup, i know!!
Check link below

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) tweeted about it and few other are saying about FD-2000.

It is a good system with range of 125 to 200 km and come with multiple missiles basically an advance version of Russian S-300 but with better and more efficient RADAR. I am in favor of the system.

One thing that should be considered is the systems immunity to RADAR jamming. I have no knowledge of this. If some one knows how good is system against jamming that info will be appreciated.
Yes as i said, it have been in news for YEARS now. People have been talking about Pakistans interest in FD2000 FT2000 for ages.

Here, blast from the past:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/surface-to-air-missiles-terror-in-the-sky.20716/#post-286672

As the link shows,, nothing new. Have been listening to this for 13-14 years now. Lets see when/if it happens

yup, i know!!
Check link below

Yes as i said, it have been in news for YEARS now. People have been talking about Pakistans interest in FD2000 FT2000 for ages.

Here, blast from the past:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/surface-to-air-missiles-terror-in-the-sky.20716/#post-286672

As the link shows,, nothing new. Have been listening to this for 13-14 years now. Lets see when/if it happens

The system is being exported now pakistan will get The deliveries soon. Uzbekistan has just got the system delivered.

This image of FD-2000 popped up few days ago on Uzbek TV

IMG_20181206_150950.jpg

Or the system can already be in Pakistan you never know. Air defence is a secret business :)

Last edited:
3-4 Batteries??

Command and control vehicles
A battery of FD-2000 consists:
- 1 Command and coordination vehicle
- 6 Command and Control vehicle
- 6 Target designation radar
- 6 guidance radar vehicle
- 48 Missile launching vehicle
- 198 missile in conatiner
- 1 set of positioning and orientation vehicle
- 1 set of communication vehicle