What's new

Surface To Air Missiles operated by Pakistan

I won't be surprised that HQ-9 is already in Pakistan. HQ-16 was here for sometime now before it was revealed. Pakistan likes to hide things for as long as it can.
Before they were OFFICIALLY reveled. Unofficially, documents and proofs relating to there presence in Pakistan were here for everyone to see (not Facebook "proofs" but real authentic reports) since a long time.

Before they were OFFICIALLY reveled. Unofficially, documents and proofs relating to there presence in Pakistan were here for everyone to see (not Facebook "proofs" but real authentic reports) since a long time.
I am talking about even before that

I am talking about even before that
They were not here EVEN BEFORE that. The Missiles were officially announced after some 15-18 months of induction. We first talked about these some 15-16 months before that official announcement

I must have missed that! any chance of where it was posted?

Most crotale replaced with Chinese version.

Crotale was with paf , fm90 with Army air defense I am not aware of paf Sam sqn re eqpt. With fm90

Paf Sam sqn replaced older crotale with spada 2k which is area defenses system rather than point defense system

Navy may need few battery to cover its shore based installations up to medium altitude unless af will provide the cover

Karachi will be covered by af but navy may need at least 3 batteries for its gawadar and Omara Jinnah base plus now turbat

But pn may opt for shore and ship based single system like South African being mentioned

Last edited:
I must have missed that! any chance of where it was posted?
We have been linked with these since 2012/13 AT LEAST, these were officially reveled and announced only in March 2017. For the evidence dating before 2017 proving there existence in Pakistan, here is one for example.
2uf6qea.png

This is perhaps enough to shown what kind of evidence (how authentic) was present suggesting/confirming LY-80/HQ-16 operational status in Pakistan. Other than this there are many threads on this weapons system since 2012/13 sharing some valuable information and with someone confirming there presence in Pakistan every now and then.

We have been linked with these since 2012/13 AT LEAST, these were officially reveled and announced only in March 2017. For the evidence dating before 2017 proving there existence in Pakistan, here is one for example.
View attachment 401639
This is perhaps enough to shown what kind of evidence (how authentic) was present suggesting/confirming LY-80/HQ-16 operational status in Pakistan. Other than this there are many threads on this weapons system since 2012/13 sharing some valuable information and with someone confirming there presence in Pakistan every now and then.
Hi so if it says 2012/13 it means we have it or we about yo have it in another year ?
Thx

View attachment 401639
I have seen that, I thought there was some reference to HQ-9 maybe.

I have seen that, I thought there was some reference to HQ-9 maybe.
No no,
that is what i was actually arguing about. People will say that the HQ16 was also reveled years after induction so HQ9 might be there as well so i was saying that in HQ16 there were evidence pointing towards its presence since a couple of years now. Not same with HQ-9. All we have is personal contacts saying certain things. A few of mine have also said that it is there but i will take that with a pinch of salt.

Hi so if it says 2012/13 it means we have it or we about yo have it in another year ?
Thx
It was officially confirmed in March 2017 as well. This is LY80 or HQ16 SAM. We have these operational.

No no,
that is what i was actually arguing about. People will say that the HQ16 was also reveled years after induction so HQ9 might be there as well so i was saying that in HQ16 there were evidence pointing towards its presence since a couple of years now. Not same with HQ-9. All we have is personal contacts saying certain things. A few of mine have also said that it is there but i will take that with a pinch of salt.

It was officially confirmed in March 2017 as well. This is LY80 or HQ16 SAM. We have these operational.
Hopefully official good news about HQ-9 comes soon. As sources have a reputation of being taken with salt on PDF :disagree:

I think its much better to add more ly80 and spada2k batteries to cover more vp- rather than additional system like ha9 unless it's brings anti ballistic capability

I think its much better to add more ly80 and spada2k batteries to cover more vp- rather than additional system like ha9 unless it's brings anti ballistic capability
Systems will keep coming. Pakistan is looking for systems from South Africa as well as Europe lot more systems will come over the years

Back
Top Bottom