What's new

Tanks of Pakistan Army

There are still plenty of 59s with FC which are having 100 mm guns. Ammo however is not in production, but plenty of stocks are available.
I see. I suppose the 105MM up gradation was mainly for PA tanks. I’ve mostly seen 105s on Type 69s with the FC too, but photos of their tanks, especially Type 59s, are less common, so it makes sense they’d still be operating non-upgraded models. This would also mean those tanks lack Night vision, but I guess it’s less needed in the FCs role anyways.

Rare snap of Pak army T-34/85 tank. Pakistan inducted only 1 regiment of these taks as a stop gap measure to replace M-24 tanks.

Ftk_aJ9acAIaYvu

FtlODBTaMAA_So5

Rare snap of Pak army T-34/85 tank. Pakistan inducted only 1 regiment of these taks as a stop gap measure to replace M-24 tanks.

Ftk_aJ9acAIaYvu

FtlODBTaMAA_So5
They served in 15 Lancers till mid 70s.

Ftk_aJ9acAIaYvu

FtlODBTaMAA_So5
T-34 was definitely better than M-24 chaffee. However, amphibious up gunned like RR equipped M-113 would have been useful in East Pakistan rather than M-24.

28 August 1965
War clouds looming

PAVO Cavalry at Daulatnagar, Gujrat.

Raza Shah can be seen standing 8th from right. His 'C' Squadron would be down to 6 tanks before it's first engagement at Dalla - the M36B2s frequently bogged down due to mechanical failure and loose ground.

FblPGyoWQAYe1hK

Back
Top Bottom