What's new

Europe coronavirus cases and deaths

It has now reached 127,896 today.

20200321_205231.jpg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102896/coronavirus-cases-development-europe/

So Spain will be 2nd Italy very soon while Italy might see a decline next week.

So Spain will be 2nd Italy very soon while Italy might see a decline next week.
I honestly hope Italy sees a decline soon because theirs is a case of insufficient resources to cover all the potential patients who fall victim to the virus. This seems to be a worse scenario than China's and indeed, is more akin to the situation across Europe and also in south Asia - that of lack of resources and sufficient mobilisation.

My city wears a deserted look. Most establishments are closed. Strange sight to see. For reasons beyond me Colgate Proxyl has ran out everywhere. Boots, Tesco, Sainsbury, Asda, Morrisons all have no stocks left. I use to gargle in the morning before brushing my teeth. I ordered it online at three times the price.

OK, the below graph gives some hope that the UK may not be following the Italian trajectory.
The data is from yesterday and with "only" 50 deaths in the UK over the last day, the trajectories of UK and Italy seem to be diverging. Remember as the scale is logarithmic the UK is on a flattening trajectory since yesterday that is not yet on the graph.
Still not enough data just yet but currently looking encouraging for the UK.

upload_2020-3-23_17-28-24.png

@waz
@Vergennes

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/hea...id-19-warning-social-distancing-a4394101.html

UK death toll on Saturday has gone down to 12 from over 50 on Friday.

Praying that this is a trend rather than a blip.

@waz
@mike2000 is back

I am hoping that it is a trend, the economic impact of the current lockdown is going to last decades. Just want this to be over with so normal life can resume. The idiots who decided to go to parks and beaches enmass are the true worry in the current climate. They don't realise how their actions can affect others specially those at greater risk due to underlying health conditions.

I am hoping that it is a trend, the economic impact of the current lockdown is going to last decades. Just want this to be over with so normal life can resume. The idiots who decided to go to parks and beaches enmass are the true worry in the current climate. They don't realise how their actions can affect others specially those at greater risk due to underlying health conditions.

I jumped the gun the other day as the death toll was 50 rather than 12 as England's figures was not included.
What is heartening is that the death toll for last 3 days has stayed at around 50 rather than going up exponentially each day.
It is still too early to say this is a trend but it gives some hope to UK.

I jumped the gun the other day as the death toll was 50 rather than 12 as England's figures was not included.
What is heartening is that the death toll for last 3 days has stayed at around 50 rather than going up exponentially each day.
It is still too early to say this is a trend but it gives some hope to UK.

I don't know where you are in the UK but we in the Southeast are now in lockdown. Businesses have closed, I am in office today to get in touch with all my clients and notify them of our closure. Then I am grabbing all my stuff and working from home for the next few weeks until this is over.

I just checked the number as well and while it is more than what you originally said, its hanging around the 50 mark, even one life lost is bad but its encouraging to see the number is stable - at least for now.

Stay safe mate. Hopefully this all blows over.

I don't know where you are in the UK but we in the Southeast are now in lockdown. Businesses have closed, I am in office today to get in touch with all my clients and notify them of our closure. Then I am grabbing all my stuff and working from home for the next few weeks until this is over.

I just checked the number as well and while it is more than what you originally said, its hanging around the 50 mark, even one life lost is bad but its encouraging to see the number is stable - at least for now.

Stay safe mate. Hopefully this all blows over.

I am also in SE and currently at home trying to see if remote working will work for me as I cannot go in anymore.

Yes 50 deaths a day is a horrendous tragedy for the families and friends of all those affected, but we can cling onto some hope now that at least it has been at this level for the last few days and may stabilise or better, even start to fall.

With the virtual full "lock-down" in effect now this will hopefully flatten the curve to allow the NHS to be able to cope with the influx of patients expected over the coming weeks and months.

I really am appalled to see the government did not think about the overcrowding in London tube trains and not surprised that London has half as many cases as the rest of the UK. They need to work with the Mayor Sajid Javid to do something about this now as otherwise London may end up like another Lombardy soon.

I am also in SE and currently at home trying to see if remote working will work for me as I cannot go in anymore.

Yes 50 deaths a day is a horrendous tragedy for the families and friends of all those affected, but we can cling onto some hope now that at least it has been at this level for the last few days and may stabilise or better, even start to fall.

With the virtual full "lock-down" in effect now this will hopefully flatten the curve to allow the NHS to be able to cope with the influx of patients expected over the coming weeks and months.

I really am appalled to see the government did not think about the overcrowding in London tube trains and not surprised that London has half as many cases as the rest of the UK. They need to work with the Mayor Sajid Javid to do something about this now as otherwise London may end up like another Lombardy soon.

You are right the current situation on London bound trains is appalling. Whoever thought that reducing train services will not create crowding on trains that are actually running is surprising. That should have been the reaslised before these measures were introduced.

Cannot blame anyone as the situation is unprecedented and population behaviour is unpredictable in the current circumstances. I think the population density in London is going to prove catastrophic in this case. I am hoping that I am proved wrong.

Back
Top Bottom